Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection June 2014 (EU)

zafira1290

Ive already played Lone Survivor and Dragons Crown, but they are both great - Lone Survivor in particular, its easily the best game ive played in the past 2 or 3 years

Really? I will have to re-visit it then. I only gave it a quick go on the train once, and I remember feeling utterly confused, to the point where I put it down and haven't picked it up again since. 

What the hell is going on in it? I spent about half an hour with it and I only remember feeling confused as to what I was supposed to be doing, why, where and how...

• Like 1

Really? I will have to re-visit it then. I only gave it a quick go on the train once, and I remember feeling utterly confused, to the point where I put it down and haven't picked it up again since. 

What the hell is going on in it? I spent about half an hour with it and I only remember feeling confused as to what I was supposed to be doing, why, where and how...

That is kind of its charm the first time - you are as confused as thr character - I absolutely loved it - its so odd looking, wierdly creepy, desperately sad in places, has a number of sections of almosy David Lynch level oddness and horror and has the most fantastic sound and music ive heard in a game probably ever. - its not for everyone I guess, since some poeple can't get over the old-school visuals, but I don't think that the type of melacholic sadness and claustrophobia would be as effective in a 'modern' looking game.

Also, its pretty much entierly made by one guy, (certainly written by one guy) so it is absolutely unfettered outside influence or focus testing - its one dudes vision of a horror game.

Give it a go sometime with headphones on and let the wierdness wash over you - if you enjoy it half as much as I did it will be well worth it :) :)

• Like 1

That is kind of its charm the first time - you are as confused as thr character - I absolutely loved it - its so odd looking, wierdly creepy, desperately sad in places, has a number of sections of almosy David Lynch level oddness and horror and has the most fantastic sound and music ive heard in a game probably ever. - its not for everyone I guess, since some poeple can't get over the old-school visuals, but I don't think that the type of melacholic sadness and claustrophobia would be as effective in a 'modern' looking game.

Also, its pretty much entierly made by one guy, (certainly written by one guy) so it is absolutely unfettered outside influence or focus testing - its one dudes vision of a horror game.

Give it a go sometime with headphones on and let the wierdness wash over you - if you enjoy it half as much as I did it will be well worth it :) :)

On paper, it sounds like the kind of thing I'd love! Maybe I'll make a concerted effort to go back to it once I've cleared some of the games I'm halfway through.

• Like 1

Dragon's Crown?! Fucking Sweet!

Also, am I the only one please with June's Plus? :S

VERY pleased with Dragon Crown for the VITA, you're not alone :)

Will surely and gladly get Lone Survivor as well and Shooter Ultimate is right up my alley too, so I'll grab it for when I buy a PS4.

I see that people feel that the service is going downhill, but as a matter of fact lately there's always at least two games that were already on my wishlist and usually a nice suprise that skipped my radar, such as Brothers. Hooray for odd taste in games!

That's not saying much lol, May was just awful.

Honestly this year in general has been awful. It's obvious they're cutting the quality and the quantity of the games, remember the time when we used to get three games? Now we get some shitty sports game of a sport no one this side of the continent gives one shit about plus a tiny (but good I must say) indie game that should be a 'third' title and not posing for the second AAA one. 

Edited by NIALLERMANBUZ
  • Like 2

Honestly this year in general has been awful. It's obvious they're cutting the quality and the quantity of the games, remember the time when we used to get three games? Now we get some shitty sports game of a sport no one this side of the continent gives one shit about plus a tiny (but good I must say) indie game that should be a 'third' title and not posing for the second AAA one. 

Agreed, February was good with Metro: LL & BioShock Infinite but the rest of the months were mediocre at best.

• Like 1

Lol. Yeah I was looking at the list of the games on igc over the years and I think there have been months from last year that had better games than this years overall.

If we are getting Dragon Crown I'm happy (someone on the blog advised to not buy it last month, and from the context I though it was because they were putting it on the game of the week discount, but didn't do it yet).

Still nothing more worth it, and where's the 2nd Vita game (cross-buy never counted as separated games when counting the 5 PS+ games, don't tell me they not only screwed EU from their 3rd PS3 game with the addiction of the PS4, when US still get 3 PS3 games, screwed everyone globally with the permanent Vita games, instead of changing them each year, and are now giving only 1 Vita game this next month...).

Still Dragon Crown makes a nice birthday present...

Finally, Dragons Crown! Was waiting for a PS+ discount for a while. Never played a basketball game nor do I know anything about the sport so thats cool. Lone survivor.. meh. PixelJunk, didn't much care for the Vita one for + so doubt i'll download this.

Gutted I bought Dragons crown on the vita and not the ps3, also picked up lone survivor in the sale. Pixel Junk is pretty cool though not sure why we are getting NBA since it's not something that would appeal to many of us in europe. Ah well bugger all really this month, still not going to cancel though like most people say they will. lol

Still gutted we get 9 games less in the IGC though, really doesn't seem fair really since our plus works out more than the Americans pay

Edited by FleaSixty

I actually don't mind this update, I've been wanting to try and learn to play a Basketball game and I was considering buying Lone Survivor at some points. The other two don't mean much to me at the moment but I'll probably play them eventually.

• Like 2

It's still three games a month, just one of those games are for ps4 instead now.