Battlefield Hardline Discussion

Today, the existence of Battlefield Hardline was leaked by a Battlelog update. Supposedly Visceral Games will handle it instead of Dice. Well, after the clusterfuck Battlefield 4 is, not exactly a surprise. It's going to be released on PS3, PS4, XBox 360, X1, and PC. To quote my link:

Other information that appears to have been posted ahead of schedule includes four classes (Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator and Professional), a multiplayer map (called Downtown), and modes called Blood Money, Bomb Squad and Carrier Assault. Unsurprisingly, a beta is also mentioned.It'll probably be announced at E3.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/battlefield-hardline-leaks-thanks-to-battlelog-update

Also, Battlefield Daily tweeted pictures of in-game rewards images:

https://twitter.com/BFDaily/statuses/471277762905657345

I remember EA once said Battlefield would not go yearly. How things have changed. The main question is this: will it be finished when released this time?

Edited by DarkStar83x

So EA is taking a page from Activision's book and having multiple developers working on their flagship franchise? 

I'm not sure what to think, honestly. I'm a fan of Battlefield and I think the BF4 issues have been over exaggerated but isn't there still planned DLC for BF4 or has it all been released already? I'll be interested to see gameplay though. 

Parker

It's been known for quite sometime now that BF is going to be an annual series -EA said it but I don't remember when- and that Visceral Games is developing this year's version. That's old news.

What's new here is that we got more info regarding title name, platforms, gamemodes, ect

Edited by Mohd_AAAA

I could've sworn EA specifically said that Battlefield was not going to be an annual series. Maybe I'm just behind on the news, because I didn't know they had announced Visceral games was going to develop the next Battlefield either. 

Parker

I could've sworn EA specifically said that Battlefield was not going to be an annual series. Maybe I'm just behind on the news, because I didn't know they had announced Visceral games was going to develop the next Battlefield either. 

Parker

Why do you think they won Worst Company in America 2 consecutive years, because they're lying money hungry bastards.

Why do you think they won Worst Company in America 2 consecutive years, because they're lying money hungry bastards.

Because gamers are ridiculous and think video games are more important than real, actual issues that effect peoples lives. Most companies are money hungry, if they aren't then more than likely they aren't going to be in business for very long. Of course I don't condone them lying, of they did that, 

Parker

Battlefield BC 2 and Battlefield 3 were the deal!

This games seems like a major flop, BF4 wasn't as big as the previous titles

Battlefield has gone to shit, BC2 was absolutely amazing and up there with RDR as my favorite multiplayer games of all time.

Battlefield 3 was decent up until they introduced "Rent A Server" and now you're often kicked for being better than the host, and then BF4...do i really need to explain how awful this was? No, everybody already knows.

So EA is taking a page from Activision's book and having multiple developers working on their flagship franchise? 

I'm not sure what to think, honestly. I'm a fan of Battlefield and I think the BF4 issues have been over exaggerated but isn't there still planned DLC for BF4 or has it all been released already? I'll be interested to see gameplay though. 

Parker

I have premium so they had better give us the 2 remaining DLC packs like they promised. 3 packs have been released so far, 2 more to come

• Like 1

I have premium so they had better give us the 2 remaining DLC packs like they promised. 3 packs have been released so far, 2 more to come

I'm sure they will deliver on the promised DLC, I just wasn't sure if they had already released it all or not. Since they haven't, it definitely seems to early for another Battlefield game to release. 

On another note, I definitely disagree with Battlefield being shit now. While Bad Company 2 is probably the most fun I had with the series, I enjoy BF4 much more than BF3 and think it is a better game in just about every aspect. 

Parker

Because gamers are ridiculous and think video games are more important than real, actual issues that effect peoples lives. Most companies are money hungry, if they aren't then more than likely they aren't going to be in business for very long. Of course I don't condone them lying, of they did that, 

Parker

Yeah, i agree that all companies are money hungry because obviously they need it to remain a company but some companies spend years making a truly amazing game that's actually worth the money, like Rockstar with GTA5 or RDR, while other companies like EA just rush out as much crap as they can and screw their consumers for every penny they can with microtransactions and disc locked content.

Yeah, i agree that all companies are money hungry because obviously they need it to remain a company but some companies spend years making a truly amazing game that's actually worth the money, like Rockstar with GTA5 or RDR, while other companies like EA just rush out as much crap as they can and screw their consumers for every penny they can with microtransactions and disc locked content.

I don't have a problem with microtranasctions as long as they aren't forced. Rockstar had definitely hopped on the microtransaction bandwagon.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/grand-theft-auto-v-megalodon-shark-cash-card/cid=UP1004-BLUS31156_00-GTAVCASHPACK000F

Plus, Rockstar is a developer while EA is a publisher. I don't think you can really blame a publisher for a developers shortcomings, unless of course the publisher forced the developer to release a game early which is what seemed to happen with BF4. 

Edit: Well, that link didn't work at all. It was supposed to be a link to the $99 GTA V cash card. 

Parker

I don't have a problem with microtranasctions as long as they aren't forced. Rockstar had definitely hopped on the microtransaction bandwagon.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/grand-theft-auto-v-megalodon-shark-cash-card/cid=UP1004-BLUS31156_00-GTAVCASHPACK000F

Plus, Rockstar is a developer while EA is a publisher. I don't think you can really blame a publisher for a developers shortcomings, unless of course the publisher forced the developer to release a game early which is what seemed to happen with BF4. 

Parker

Well, let's just say Take-Two instead of Rockstar then.

& That's my point, EA is rushing their developers to release games that aren't ready because they want to please their shareholders. They rushed DICE with BF4, they rushed BioWare with Mass Effect 3, they rushed Criterion with their NFS titles, they rushed Insomniac with Fuse and also made them change it from the unique "Overstrike" to another generic FPS game. EA are no doubt the worst video game company in America.

& That's my point, EA is rushing their developers to release games that aren't ready because they want to please their shareholders. They rushed DICE with BF4, they rushed BioWare with Mass Effect 3, they rushed Criterion with their NFS titles, they rushed Insomniac with Fuse and also made them change it from the unique "Overstrike" to another generic FPS game. EA are no doubt the worst video game company in America.

I don't know, Eutechnyx might take that title for me. They went from making great racing sims like Ferrari and Supercar Challenge to this...

ridetohellretributionps3boxart-555x639.j

:lol:

Parker

• Like 2

Worst overall company? Dubious. Worst video game company? Definitely. They also rushed BioWare with Dragon Age II. Wasn't their fault it wasn't as good as it could be.

As someone who has made Battlefield their main multiplayer game for the past few years, I can't say i'm that interested in this....not because I'm bored of the series (I'm not) but I don't know if a police themed game can be as intense as the large scale combined arms theme in BF3 and BF4...

i thought i heard something about Bad Company 3 being the next game... oh well.... and why are they going with PS3/PS4? it would make more sense to go with just the 4 to enhance graphics and all that jazz.... bleh... I still think BF3 was the best so far... loved it...

Parker

DLC 4, Dragon's Teeth, will release in June and DLC 5, Final Stand will release in September.

• Like 2

Following rumors earlier today, EA and Visceral Games have officially confirmed that Battlefield Hardline is coming this fall.

Here's a statement from Steve Papoutsis, Vice President and General Manager at Visceral Games:

"On behalf of everyone at EA and Visceral Games, I'm fired up to confirm our next project – Battlefield Hardline. The game launches this fall and it's a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals."

Shortly after, a confidential trailer intended for E3 was leaked:

http://youtu.be/yyOBdHQdl6w

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline

Edited by Goro