What's with all the Hackers?

BMJ2K7

I know this game is based around hacking, but hackers seem to be taking this game to the extreme. I have been invaded a ton so far, and barely ever can find anyone, and I was wondering why, until the 1st time I saw a hacker. I could not find this guy to save my life, and never once saw him until he won and it showed where he was. It was right beside me, it's like he was following me around but invisible. I understand this game's online is crap, and even the invading is kind of a joke anyway. But seems people are either so desperate to get these trophies out the way early, or just like pi$$ing people off. I mean these trophies aren't so crazy hard you have to hack to get them, so I'm guessing they just like the irony in hacking a hacking game.

So you guys seen any hackers yet, if so what hacks were they using? They seem to have came out the woodwork lately, now that there's not much problem with the servers now.

• Like 1

Do you even read posts, bro?

He's talking about how he can't find hackers who invade his world in WATCH DOGS!

Actually, he's talking about people who... actually hack... outside of the game. As in, people who cheat. As evidenced by:

I'm guessing they just like the irony in hacking a hacking game.

which implies that the hacking is occurring outside of the game.

A guy thought I was hacking when he invaded, it took him a while to realize I was in the tunnels (South Mad Mile).

The hacking/invasion game mode is broken in this game. I can easily find out if someone is invading and have found a perfect spot to flush them out so they have no chance of winning. I also like it when I'm invading and they just run far away, then game allows me to teleport to them. All that running for nothing, ha!

The game is about hacking complaining about it is like complaining about being shot playing C.O.D. Finding hackers is about skill and luck stick with it you'll get the hang of it.

I am getting bored of people complaining about this issue, did people not read previews of this game or did they just buy it because it was the next big release.

If you don't like the online turn it off and stop whining.

They could be hiding right infront of you

Nice one Sly. The first dude needs to learn that driving around in a car is not the correct way to locate hackers...

My favorite method, when possible, is to profile the target and then get the backdoor installing, then run upstairs to a train station and run along the tracks until I'm in the middle of the circle. Any time I've done this the target always runs around like crazy on the road down below and never comes upstairs. Of course, this only works when you're near the tracks, but it's a fun tactic.

Alternatively, what I've done is to find a truck or van, then drive along slowly and profile and backdoor the target while I'm driving by. The I just keep driving right up to the edge of the circle and sit there. The target almost always runs right past me, and once he's not looking I'll hop into another car heading the other direction and go to the other side of the circle. It's very rare that I'll be spotted, people seem to completely forget that the hacker could be in a car or truck and keep checking pedestrians.

It's actually sort of fun, although being hacked can be a bit of a pain, there's some pretty crafty people out there who are good at hiding...

One time in a residential area I parked my car beside a house and climbed up onto the roof and hid behind the chimney. The target never found me, and when he came back in a revenge hack I was still on the roof, profiled him from a nearby camera, and then got him with a headshot when he hid behind a car. Bwahahahahaha.

Edited by Swotam

Online portion of this game sounds awesome but i bet i hate it to pieces when i start getting hacked myself. I reckon i'll be good at hiding but seriously doubt i'll catch many people.

It's actually pretty fun, better than I expected and it's fun to play cat and mouse with another player as opposed to the usual run around and shoot everyone MP that most games have.

Except the racing, it's annoying and finishing 10 races for the trophy isn't as easy as it sounds.

I had this guy that was a speeder of sorts. I know lag and that was no lag. I'm a techie so I know my connection is good. I couldn't find him anywhere until he sped across the screen really fast, beyond regular running speed.

Had a couple of wtf moments. Some sort of lag i guess. One guy was apparently escaping when i had the bonnet of my car up his ass, and another time I was trying to escape and seemed to be miles away from him then all of a sudden I was getting peppered with bullets. Safe to say even without any bugs I still do alot worse then I do good! Definitely a better hider than I am hunter.