The Amazing Spiderman + an awesome idea

omgitsbounce

If you haven't seen the trailer yet definitely check it out:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/amazing-spider-man-trailer-shows-world-spidey-eyes-183424649.html

As far as trailers go, eh. It's ok. Nothing to breathtaking, I'll end up seeing it, but I don't know if I'll necessarily need to go to the theater; I'll probably just wait for it on blu ray. During the trailer is a fantastic sequence I think though. Eventually it shows some first person running, parkour, and web-slinging. Now this, this is something.

First I should say I am a fan of climbing things, both in real life and in video games. That being said, the game Mirror's Edge left me absolutely amazed. Now obviously, there is going to be a movie tie-in game for this film, and sadly it will be terrible. But in the fictitious world I would like to live in, what if the game was awesome? What if it was similar to Mirror's Edge? What if it was first person Spiderman action? While jumping and climbing in first person is awesome, what about being able to defy gravity with the use of Spiderman's powers? How absolutely fantastic would that be?

I'm curious as to your reactions, both to the trailer and to my mystical (never-going-to-happen) idea.

A first-person superhero game is definitely an interesting and unique concept. I don't know about other superheroes, but I could see it working with a Spider-Man game. It could be a technical wonder zipping around the NYC skyline from a first person perspective, and the combat could be fun if done right. Pretty cool idea, Bounce. :D

It would be fucking awesome to have a first-person Spider-Man game. I'd buy it, play it, and love it - if it was done well.

I've never played Mirror's Edge, but I'd gladly dive straight into a game like this.

With regards to the film and trailer, I agree with you in saying the trailer is nothing special. Aside from the first-person segment, nothing really caught my attention or drew me in. I had no reason to want to watch the film. However, I probably still will go check it out, if only to see how it fits into the world.

It wouldn't work. Spider-man is known not for only running around and webslinging through the city, but for kicking supervillian and normal criminal scum in the butt, which in first person wouldn't work out so well, seeing how action oriented those battles must be. If the game was all about web slinging and patrolling, and maybe kicking one or two arm dealers along the way, it would be certainly promising (even more if EA and not Activision had the rights to the game and had Mirror's Edge's developer team behind the game), but since that won't ever be the case for a superhero game, I'll have to disagree with the idea.

It wouldn't work. Spider-man is known not for only running around and webslinging through the city, but for kicking supervillian and normal criminal scum in the butt, which in first person wouldn't work out so well, seeing how action oriented those battles must be. If the game was all about web slinging and patrolling, and maybe kicking one or two arm dealers along the way, it would be certainly promising (even more if EA and not Activision had the rights to the game and had Mirror's Edge's developer team behind the game), but since that won't ever be the case for a superhero game, I'll have to disagree with the idea.

What if the concentration was focused on parkour and such. I can imagine fighting in the first person view as well, but with a focus on parkour and evasion, maybe laying traps for the criminals..... idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

What if the concentration was focused on parkour and such. I can imagine fighting in the first person view as well, but with a focus on parkour and evasion, maybe laying traps for the criminals..... idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

As long as the criminals are just your everyday goons that try to rob a bank and not Spiderman's iconic supervillians, that'd be fine. Problem is there can't be a Spiderman game without his iconic supervillians.

I don't see why combat would really be a problem. Hell, you could even turn the game into a FPS-esque type of a game with your web attack being used in a FPS sort of way? I think it could be possible if done right.

I don't see why combat would really be a problem. Hell, you could even turn the game into a FPS-esque type of a game with your web attack being used in a FPS sort of way? I think it could be possible if done right.

Spiderman isn't really known for just shooting web into his enemies' eyes. He also punches/kicks them in the face, and when it comes to supervillians, does all kind of crazy acrobatic moves. Try to make that work with a FP view.

Spiderman isn't really known for just shooting web into his enemies' eyes. He also punches/kicks them in the face, and when it comes to supervillians, does all kind of crazy acrobatic moves. Try to make that work with a FP view.

Well yes I'm aware that Spider-Man also punches and kicks baddies in the face. :P I can understand that it wouldn't be easy to put that into a first person perspective, as your vision is very restricted, so you can't see baddies if they are behind him and such. That's where the Spider-Sense would come in. Clicking a button would allow you to sense the locations of all the enemies around you and react accordingly. As for the acrobatic moves and stuff... You would just have to get used to getting dizzy. :P I'm not sure how you would do that.

As long as the criminals are just your everyday goons that try to rob a bank and not Spiderman's iconic supervillians, that'd be fine. Problem is there can't be a Spiderman game without his iconic supervillians.

Imagine chasing the green goblin. Like what if the emphasis was on chasing the baddies? Then when you got in there, idk... and idfc. Take out combat completely. Just let me chase them and I am happy.

Its like they read our minds....

http://www.gamesrada...710143619546038

Maybe one of them is actually in here :o ?

Imagine chasing the green goblin. Like what if the emphasis was on chasing the baddies? Then when you got in there, idk... and idfc. Take out combat completely. Just let me chase them and I am happy.

Great idea man! Let's take out what makes Spiderman games sell!

• 3 weeks later...

yeah that part in the trailer did remind me of mirrors edge the sec i saw it

but to be honest the trailer was not all convincing that the movie has got potential to be a summer blockbuster

i was more hyped off the first spiderman movie

this one theyre trying to make it somewhat dark

and since batman begins and the dark knight every comic movie has been trying to go dark

not all will succeed though

All I remember thinking when I saw that bit of the trailer was that it looked like video game quality, which isn't something you want to see in a theatrical movie.

Agree. Im sure they will try and fix that as with any other criticism fans of the series have noticed. I think i may go see it, bnut what i DON'T want to see is the remaking spiderman 2, and 3 based on the trackback. I think i;ve seen enough of spiderman in my lifetime IMO <_<

• 4 months later...

A first-person superhero game is definitely an interesting and unique concept. I don't know about other superheroes, but I could see it working with a Spider-Man game. It could be a technical wonder zipping around the NYC skyline from a first person perspective, and the combat could be fun if done right. Pretty cool idea, Bounce. :D

I see this playing similarly to Mirrors Edge, which would be awesome!