the most frightening game ?

D1VIN3-D3M0N

Do you mean the chase scenes with the Intestinal Gigapedes? They're not that scary considering you beat one as a boss earlier in the game

yup thats the thing im talking about, the actual main gigapede boss was kinda scary, its the mouth that always scares me. The body aint scary just the mouth. i didnt even watch that vid you posted because i knew what was coming lol. that thing is a platinum blocker for me :jaymon:

The scariest game I have played so far is The walking Dead game, simply because there are parts of the game where it is super dark where you can't see in front of your face and you only have a flashlight then boom.....like 3 walkers just come out of nowhere and your like oh shit shit shit shit ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun lol.

Dead space 2/3 freaked me out especially cause I was playing those games alone at night in my gaming room (its isolated from the house)

Outlast even through I was playing it with my friends but it scared us all lol

Amnesia The dark decent. Horrifying.

Resident Evil 2/3 6 isn't that scary and I only play because my brother wants us to beat it.

Devil may cry used to scare me a bit when I was a kid

Silent Hill on psp (I would love to try the HD collection)

Fatal Frame 1 (I still haven't beaten it yet)

Surprised that: Amnesia, The Dark Descent hasn't been mentioned
Also a scene in Alan Wake where you have to get some keys in a public restroom scared me to death :P (freaking hate jumpscares)
Howerver those are non-Playstation games though.

Edited by DarKNesS_X

Resident Evil psone

This was the first Survival Horror game I ever played, plenty of times it made me jump. Remember always being terrified if I hadn't saved and came across Hunters. Trying to dodge them was intense. xD

Project Zero: Crimson Butterfly

I'd say this is the creepiest game I've played to date. My brother used to watch me play and it was still too much at times, taking long breaks to pause and compose before moving on. Haven't gone back to it in years so i'm not sure how it holds up today.

Silent Hill 4: The Room

The only reason I list this as instead of 1/2/3 is because of the sections where you were in the apartment with the first person view. Couldn't wait to get out of that place!

I only recently began to love Horror Games and with my PS4 I hope there are some amazing horror games on next gen.

I have played but not completed Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Cry of Fear for PC. I have finished Outlast for PS4, it was a great horror game, creepy and disturbing and I love that but wasn't scary at all.

51ZCSP2428L._AA160_.jpg
Picked it up for a couple of £s and had no idea what I was letting myself in for. It has a 'sanity meter' for heaven's sake.

Honourable mention to the first time I met the huge chainsaw guy in Resident Evil 4 and for playing Silent Hill when I was about 12 and sleeping with a light on for about a week.

Actually, Silent Hill 4:The Room creeped me out. Not because the game was scary but the apartment you are in had the exact (and I mean exact) same layout as my apartment. The kitchen was even laid out the same.

I think I would have had to move house!

• Like 1

from what i played..

- fatal frame 2 crimson butterfly. ( to me so far this is a winner! )

- fatal frame 3 the tormented.

- silent hill 1. ( this used to be called the mother of all horror games, due to it's fresh idea of a horror game at the time )

- silent hill 3.

- dead space. ( only if you played it for the first time in your life )

- resident evil directors cut. ( also when playing it for the first time, especially after returning from the guards house and the game replacing all the zombies with hunters )

- splatter house 3 ( at the time this game was one of the most goriest and scariest console game ever )

-  Kuon ( it have a really outdated mechanic where if you seen a few bricks is on the floor on a hallway which seems you simply can walk on top of it instead the characters will say " this path is blocked and i cant pass through " but what really make it scary a bit is the way to survive " no matter what you will see / heard or happen Don't Run! " normally walks to the near exit, if you run shit'll happens like your health drains, your attack power get less effective and most important you'll wake the dead and the evil spirits lurking around).   

Edited by yellowwindow7

Any Fatal Frame except Spirit Camera. Still trying to finish them...Despite how much I adore them.

I'll also put down my vote for Silent Hill. I know the games and watched walkthroughs, but I'm not sure if I'd ever have the nerve to try one. 

• 1 month later...

Nightmare Creatures 2 for PS1... I was about 4 years old when my parents bought that for me. (WTF Were they thinking???) I couldn't get past the first level. It was dark, moody, difficult, gory, confusing, and even the first monster had the same health as you. Plus the intro was so scary, with Death Metal playing to the worst scenes in the game. Man I can't even play that shit today!!

On Second place, Slenderman for PC. I was on computer class playing it with my friends. I pick up a note from the tree, and I hear static. I start to run away with my lantern on, I look away for one second and when I come back, Slenderman is in front of me... I screamed in front of the whole class, almost falling off of my chair. I was so pale I had to go drink water. LOL

Edited by NICK16_06

Silent Hill 1/2/3 

Dead Space 1/2

Siren/Blood Curse

Resident Evil 1/2/3/CV/REmake were pretty intense when they came out

Siren just got so ridiculous I couldn't take it seriously anymore and it stopped being scary. I think the most legit scares for me were the crows crashing through the window in Re1 and the houdini splicer appearing behind you in Bioshock. Re2 has some lickers that burst out of the ceiling that scared the shit out of me too.

Siren just got so ridiculous I couldn't take it seriously anymore and it stopped being scary. I think the most legit scares for me were the crows crashing through the window in Re1 and the houdini splicer appearing behind you in Bioshock. Re2 has some lickers that burst out of the ceiling that scared the shit out of me too.

It scared the shit out of me back when I played it for the first time but now when I think about it it was a lot of this: "It's comiiing OH MY fuck where I should go I'm stuck and why I'm now a little girl, fucking heartbeat controller"