Dragon Ball Z: Xenoverse

SO I guess today this Trailer Revealing Bandai Namco's "Dragon Ball Z: Xenoverse" title was shown.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/06/10/dragon-ball-xenoverse-ps4-announced/

After Seeing the trailer the thing that pops in people's mind after watching, is as quoted by the link's article writer:

Unknown Fighter – Look at him with his uniform, cape and scouter…who is he?

I want to say it's trunks(I wish it was), but who knows; I mean he has a Capsule Corp jacket...and well look at the similarities in clothing(aside the different shades of color.....and the cape) from him & Future Trunks:

02-28.jpgvep2j8.jpg

But it might be an entirely new character Exclusive(for now) to the game.

Some could even wonder if this game is introducing this guy as a "God of Destruction" from another time or Universe. The reason I made this assumption is because his hair looks pretty "Brown or red" making me wonder if this is referencing "Super Sayan God" from the Battle of the gods movie. 

Not gonna lie, the first time I saw this guy I thought it was "Dabura"...lol

The game Will be available for the Next Gen Consoles(PS4 & Xbox 1) along with the PS3 & Xbox 360.

Here's another video the Trailer Uploader posted regarding the "Developer's Demo showing the gameplay @ E3" 

Things are still in development, so this may not be the end result of the Gameplay.
I really like the environment interacting as you fight or miss blasts.

So far there is no Release date(I'll edit OP when I find out, or if you want post it on the thread if you know).

So what are your thoughts on this game?

Update: 

So The Mysterious Warrior is Being Called The "Future Warrior", and is not Future Trunks Like many including myself have thought. 

640px-Time_Patrol_Trunks_and_Future_WarrThis is   "Time Patrol Trunks from Dragon Ball Online"

But He does have Sayan Blood.

640px-Future_Warrior_preparing_to_transf640px-Super_Saiyan_Future_Warrior.jpg

Some people Are now Speculating him as a "Character Creation" Feature/Mode...because of how he holds so many References to many Characters, even has the Bizarre Move set that includes the "Kamehameha" & "Special Beam Cannon"(would kinda make sense if it was Gohan, on a count that he admired both Piccolo & Goku making him adopt both their Special Moves into his own Move set).

640px-Future_Warrior_prepares_a_Kamehame

640px-Future_Warrior_fires_a_Special_Bea

The Future Warrior based on this screen cap interacting with Yamcha, is shown to be considered playable.

640px-Future_Warrior_interacting_with_Ya

Now the Question Becomes "is he really Character Creation or a New Character?" The guy has a important Backstory...which is the guy who is constantly interfering between the original Series' time line as Shown on these screen caps:

640px-Future_Warrior%2C_Guldo_and_Krilli640px-Future_Warrior_with_Piccolo_and_Go

640px-Super_Saiyan_Vegeta_and_Future_War

At Least We now know he is For Sure On The Z Warrior's Side, but there are 2 Screen caps that reflect this character's Story or from where he comes from that peak interest.

640px-MysterousCity%28DBXV%29.jpgA Mysterious City not yet know by its official name.

640px-NHTC%28DBNP%29.jpgThis 1 is being called "The Time Storage Vault".

Also Now there is a new Mysterious Character that unlike the other, we only know him by a silhouette.

Being.pngWhis.png

Looking @ this pic, it makes me think of  "Whis". Of course it's not him, but perhaps a person from another universe playing the same Role as him...except perhaps with different Intent/personality.

Could he be the game's Main Antagonist perhaps?

Edited by DarknessKey92

SO I guess today this Trailer Revealing Bandai Namco's "Dragon Ball Z: Xenoverse" title was shown.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/06/10/dragon-ball-xenoverse-ps4-announced/

After Seeing the trailer the thing that pops in people's mind after watching, is as quoted by the link's article writer:

I want to say it's trunks(I wish it was), but who knows; I mean he has a Capsule Corp jacket...and well look at the similarities in clothing(aside the different shades of color.....and the cape) from him & Future Trunks:

02-28.jpgvep2j8.jpg

But it might be an entirely new character Exclusive(for now) to the game.

Some could even wonder if this game is introducing this guy as a "God of Destruction" from another time or Universe. The reason I made this assumption is because his hair looks pretty "Brown or red" making me wonder if this is referencing "Super Sayan God" from the Battle of the gods movie. 

Not gonna lie, the first time I saw this guy I thought it was "Dabura"...lol

The game Will be available for the Next Gen Consoles(PS4 & Xbox 1) along with the PS3 & Xbox 360.

So far there is no Release date(I'll edit OP when I find out, or if you want post it on the thread if you know).

So what are your thoughts on this game?

Would that mean Trunks obtained Super Sayain God then?

Would that mean Trunks obtained Super Sayain God then?

I was wondering that, I mean in trunks time he's its "Goku" on a count that everyone was killed by the androids.

But you need like i think 6 "pure hearted Sayans" to pull it off, something that he doesn't have in his time....unless he got married & reproduced like 6 half sayan kids.

I remember Bills told Goku he could go "Super Sayan God" later on in the battle on his own accord without the ritual...so who knows.

Although I'm leaning a bit more towards this guy being a new Character to be honest.

I think it's a customizable player character. It has Piccolo's cape, Trunks clothing and his hairstyle looks like Gohan's (aside from the color, can't really think of anyone with that hair color besides SSJ4 Gogeta).

It would be cool to be able to create your own character and build him up to be the strongest fighter in the universe. Ofcourse the gameplay has to be a lot better than the last couple of games...

Edit: I've never paid much attention to the movies, so I didn't know the term "Super Saiyan God", just looked it up (looks like DBZ movies are still being made as this comes from a movie from 2013). Apparantly that hair color is used for this transformation. Still doubt it's Trunks though, since his hair style (either normal or transformed) looks nothing like the new character's.

Edited by Ric

I was wondering that, I mean in trunks time he's its "Goku" on a count that everyone was killed by the androids.

But you need like i think 6 "pure hearted Sayans" to pull it off, something that he doesn't have in his time....unless he got married & reproduced like 6 half sayan kids.

I remember Bills told Goku he could go "Super Sayan God" later on in the battle on his own accord without the ritual...so who knows.

Although I'm leaning a bit more towards this guy being a new Character to be honest.

Well Trunks is now in the timeline where Cell and the Androids were taken care of. I think it maybe a now created character or at least a new transformation for the others.

Well Trunks is now in the timeline where Cell and the Androids were taken care of. I think it maybe a now created character or at least a new transformation for the others.

Something that just crossed my mind is "Why does This guy have a scouter" Normally these are for power level purposes, but they normally explode if the power level is too high. 

Also from the display of his surroundings he's in a similar rocky area where Goku & Vegeta's first ever Battle was/is fought. Does this mean that he's going to play a "Changing factor, in the original story's events?". Starting from the Sayan's saga(which could explain why he'd have a scouter, that at this time of the series was still Power Level measurable without exploding). Could he be good or bad? The capsule Corp. Symbol on his jacket makes us think he could be "good", while the scouter makes us wonder the opposite on a count that many evil/bad people use the scouters.

It's also possible that the scouter could be a time traveling device, or used for communication. 

I did a bit of research on "xenoverse".

Apparently a xenoverse contains multiple metaverses, a metaverse contains multiple multiverses and a multiverse contains multiple universes. That's a lot of different timelines/universes coming together.
Which basically means that guy could be anyone or anything :P. The scouter could be improved by capsule corp so they don't blow up too.

I still think it's a player customized character, as there's just too many different elements from different characters.

• Capsule corp outfit - Trunks
  • Cape - Piccolo
  • Scouter - Vegeta
  • Hair style - Gohan

If he does end up being a character of the DBZ universe, he reminds me the most of Gohan. His hair style seems identical, and Gohan did use a similar cloak to Piccolo's when he was younger. Why he would wear a Capsule Corp outfit and have reddish hair I don't know... Then again, there are so many universes, he could be from one where Goku and Bulma ended up together, giving Gohan a unique hair color and an affiliation with capsule corp... The possibilities are endless....

464053-146631_74596_gohan_super.jpg

Edited by Ric

I did a bit of research on "xenoverse".

Apparently a xenoverse contains multiple metaverses, a metaverse contains multiple multiverses and a multiverse contains multiple universes. That's a lot of different timelines/universes coming together.

Which basically means that guy could be anyone or anything :P. The scouter could be improved by capsule corp so they don't blow up too.

I still think it's a player customized character, as there's just too many different elements from different characters.

• Capsule corp outfit - Trunks
  • Cape - Piccolo
  • Scouter - Vegeta
  • Hair style - Gohan

If he does end up being a character of the DBZ universe, he reminds me the most of Gohan. His hair style seems identical, and Gohan did use a similar cloak to Piccolo's when he was younger. Why he would wear a Capsule Corp outfit and have reddish hair I don't know... Then again, there are so many universes, he could be from one where Goku and Bulma ended up together, giving Gohan a unique hair color and an affiliation with capsule corp... The possibilities are endless....

464053-146631_74596_gohan_super.jpg

If Goku and Bulma ended up together, Gohan wouldn't even exist. Maybe they would've given him the name Gohan, too. But it wouldn't be the same one with just a different hair color.

If Goku and Bulma ended up together, Gohan wouldn't even exist. Maybe they would've given him the name Gohan, too. But it wouldn't be the same one with just a different hair color.

With an infinity of universes comes an infinity of possibilities. Ofcourse he's not the same Gohan then, but neither would the Gohan from another universe that's been exactly the same up to that point. Or the Gohan from Trunk's future for that matter. Every universe and timeline has it's own characters, they just share similarities, even if they're basically the same person, they aren't.

... :blink: now my brain hurts...

With an infinity of universes comes an infinity of possibilities. Ofcourse he's not the same Gohan then, but neither would the Gohan from another universe that's been exactly the same up to that point. Or the Gohan from Trunk's future for that matter. Every universe and timeline has it's own characters, they just share similarities, even if they're basically the same person, they aren't.

Yes, but I actually meant genetically. You think you would exist if your dad had ended up with another woman? :P

Dragon Ball Z on the PS4? I like the sound of that, hopefully they release a demo though as I really like to try fighting games before I buy them since they aren't a favorite genre. Looks to be pretty fun so far though. 

Parker

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

lol Time paradoxes does that. 

That aside, now I have another reason to own a PS4. 

Edited by DarkPirate2007

• 5 months later...
dragon-ball-xenoverse.png 

So Jump Festa is over and some new DBXV info dropped. 

Firstly Super Saiyan God Goku, Whis, Beerus and Super 17 are all confirmed as playable. 

Recent scans from V Jump have revealed that Raditz, Freiza, 17, Cell and Buu will all be gaining some type of power up by Towa that basically overclocks there power. 

Additionally V Jump revealed that Original animated content will accompany the story. 

Right now the roster for this game is looking pretty great. 

Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3)

Goku (BoG) (Super Saiyan God)

Goku (GT) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4)

Kid Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan)

Teen Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)

Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Elder Kai Unlock Ability)

Goten (Base, Super Saiyan)

Vegeta (GT) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 4) (Pre-order bonus)

Future Trunks/Time Patrol Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Trunks)

Kid Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan)

Piccolo

Krillin

Yamcha

Tien

Hercule

Videl

Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)

Vegito (Base, Super Vegito)

Bardock (Base, Super Saiyan)

Raditz

Nappa

Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)

Frieza Soldier/Slug Soldier

Saibaman

Appule

Cui

Dodoria

Zarbon (Base, Monster Form)

Guldo

Recoome

Burter

Jeice

Captain Ginyu (Base, Goku's Body)

Frieza (First Form, Second Form, Third Form)

Frieza (Final Form, Mecha)

Frieza (100%)

Android 16

Android 17

Android 18

Android 19

Dr. Gero

Cell (First Form, Second Form)

Perfect Cell (Base, Power Weight)

Super Perfect Cell

Cell Jr.

Broly (Base, Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan)

Dabura

Majin Buu

Super Buu (Base, Gohan Absorbed)

Kid Buu

Janemba (Second Form, Baby Janemba)

Super 17

Beerus

Whis

Note* A few characters have not been 100% revealed, Broly for instance is only know to be included because of data mining the beta we haven't seen anything of him at all. But quotes taken from  the beta imply he may be a Mentor character as well as playable. It's entirely possible he could be the absolute last reveal for the game with a SSJ4 transformation just like Dragon Ball Heroes but that is speculation  

The game also features 5 races for custom characters.  

Earthling (Male, Female) (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken)

Saiyan (Male, Female) (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken, Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2/Super Saiyan 3) 

Namekian (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken)

Frieza's race (Male) (First Form/True Form/Super Evolution, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken)

Majin (Male, Female) (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken)

Release date(s) 

JPN February 5, 2015

EU February 13, 2015

NA February 17, 2015 

Platforms 

Playstation 3 

Playstation 4

Xbox 360

Xbox One 

Steam

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...