Scroll of truths WTF !

• 4 months later...

The bad thing of grinding this sort of things is that is all about luck, I played for 4 hours and didn't get a single scroll while I got 5 of them in 30 single minutes. Just a tip, if you can't get a golden gold before killing it, just use the normal steal ability, it works too, in fact, I got 4 scrolls that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Talk about RNG - I only got the Green Buncher(which I need for an errand) to get hearts once and then my stupid familiar killed it before I could rush over there with Esther to charm it... didn't get a single Green Buncher tamed for the rest of my play session afterwards. :facepalm: I am going to just use Esther as my active character for the entire game and have everyone else guard so they don't kill anyone before I can tame them. Stupid freaking RNG! :shakefist:

I've taken hiatus off that game for a while to recover from that shame. Sounds like this game was not the game for me considering how much grinding you have to do - definitely not going to plat it before 2016. :(

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

for farming rare items, 

i set do nothing for all characters.

equip oliver with the starting wand, cast pulse. as its guaranteed critical hit, it will always give you "nice". 

There is a small chance to proc the golden glim.

Once you saw the golden glim, switch to Swaine and grab the golden glim and cast his miracle move..

100% steal rate of rare item.

you can just mugshot the enemy before it dies if you failed to proc the golden glim.

Edited by Swordsman83
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/13/2014 at 9:52 PM, Tomoko Kuroki said:

it doesnt make sense how you need to use light fingers on a rare mob for a rare drop just for an errand.

Welcome to Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. :P

Yeah, I know it's almost impossible, but Level-5 wants you to know how f'king rare the Scrolls and Kaleidostones are. They are Casey Bat rare. (Anyone who has played Earthbound knows what I am talking about.) ?

At least it's only five Scrolls. It could be a whooooooooooooooooooooooooole lot more. Talk about TEN of each. ?

• 2 years later...

ok so the kaleidostones i have but the scrolls of truth....i think my game is bugged
within 5h of farming i didnt encounter a single one of the golden duck-things. is there anything i do wrong? before i killed the final final boss the golden things seemed pretty commong to me but now i dont see them anymore..at all...

13 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

ok so the kaleidostones i have but the scrolls of truth....i think my game is bugged
within 5h of farming i didnt encounter a single one of the golden duck-things. is there anything i do wrong? before i killed the final final boss the golden things seemed pretty commong to me but now i dont see them anymore..at all...

Game isn't bugged. The drop rate is just too ridiculously low. Grind was totally unnecessary and painful. Just stay with it. They'll eventually appear.

5 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

Game isn't bugged. The drop rate is just too ridiculously low. Grind was totally unnecessary and painful. Just stay with it. They'll eventually appear.

i checked my stone kampanion and it turnes out i have never even seen this enemy in my hole playthrought...after 65h in total and 5h just farming for this enemy alone. i really dont know what i do when i finally see my first one and then dont get the item from him^^

OK there is something you not only can do but HAVE TO:
the golden enemys only Spawn in the BACK of the dungeon. i was in the front for 7h not encountering a single golden enemy. now i switched to the back and they spawn every few fights.

Edited by Ich1994-1994
  • Like 1