What do you do when trophies start to get difficult/frustrating?

ChiinkAzNinja

Once I stopped taking the trophy hunts seriously, the amount of stress/rage from them disappeared. (Though I have gotten more trophies as well.. I like it)

The moment that said "You are taking this too seriously".

Was playing LBP2, and rigged the fan in the house to hit the button every oscillation to get the 24 hours in Create Mode, at the same time playing something on the Vita.  My wife felt it was important enough to video me in the act, and then post it for all our friends to see...  such a loving spouse.  :rolleyes: Some of my friends still haven't let me live that down (almost a year and a half ago now)

If you're a fan of the Ratchet & Clank series then you may be familiar with this one. In the original Ratchet and Clank HD there is a trophy that requires you to collect 1,000,000 bolts. This is an obscene amount of bolts for the original game where you collect them much slower, so it would take many many hours of grinding. In order to avoid this, I did some research and made use of this elaborate/silly glitch which allowed you to phase through a wall and onto the hoverboard track in Blackwater City. Then you can use the taunter to break the huge pile of bolt boxes up above on the platforms. Even this though would've required about 7-9 hours to complete, so I ended up taping the circle button on my controller down so that the taunter was held down overnight. I was quite pleased to wake up with 1.1 million bolts and a nice new platinum trophy:) Sidenote: This process wasn't particularly difficult/frustrating, but it was certainly out there and a bit silly.

xRIDONCULOUSx.png?6775

I just keep trying and trying until I get it...challenges are way too exciting for me to just leave it behind....but if it gets frustrating and annoying rather than hard....I leave at that and go play another game...if I'm not having fun then I got no reason to play,a good challenge give me fun....a frustration definitely not....uuh of course.

I might do something else within the game too keep the trophies rolling as i dont like to bog myself down going after a singular trophy. Tend to leave these ones to last. Makes the Plat very sweet when you finally get the trophy thats seemingly impossible to get