Servers are now offline

It happened today. MC:LA was up yesterday too so Bulletstorm is probably offline now.

I just sent a message to the friend I helped. I hope he was able to finish the mp trophies up. Though, tbh, he had plenty of time to get them and it's his own fault if he didn't.

wow did it really?! o_O i thought it was supposed to happen a lot earlier

I was surprised to find them still up yesterday. They were supposed to go down by the end of June. Edited by Rowdi

• 2 months later...

I didn't know about Gamespy. I recently bought this game. They should keep online playing for 10 years. :(

It would be nice but never going to happen. Companies want to spend time and money on new games and from what I hear the servers for this game werenth the best either.

This is why I usually research a game before buying it - servers can be off, broken or just dead. Unless you really only want to experience the single player of course.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The game is currently on sale in nearly all PS Eu stores at almost € 5 (even CE for this price)...  

But why they sell it after it does not work properly, I mean for our society and ppl like us it is completely broken?

Why the hell fu**en R* (our beloved game dev.) continue to behave it on stores shelves after 2 years of non working online/co-op/networking/multyplayer sh*ts?

And when PS store at all will write and place a notifications on every non trophy working game, that for customers to know about it before buying such a product?

PS.. I already s**ew up with NFS: TR, but why this mess must continue for us, at all ?   :facepalm:

The game is currently on sale in nearly all PS Eu stores at almost € 5 (even CE for this price)...  

But why they sell it after it does not work properly, I mean for our society and ppl like us it is completely broken?

Why the hell fu**en R* (our beloved game dev.) continue to behave it on stores shelves after 2 years of non working online/co-op/networking/multyplayer sh*ts?

And when PS store at all will write and place a notifications on every non trophy working game, that for customers to know about it before buying such a product?

PS.. I already s**ew up with NFS: TR, but why this mess must continue for us, at all ?   :facepalm:

... it does not work properly? This game has singleplayer, the best they could do is write that the servers shut down, not delist the game... jeez, they're probably still selling MAG in store and nobody lost their mind, gimme a break :facepalm:

Writing that a game has no trophies is not really relevant IMHO, it's up to the individual to decide if they want to play it or not.

And what's wrong with NFS: The Run? Did they shut down that game, too? I don't read any news about it.

Edited by Stevieboy
Clean up.
  • Like 1

Why the hell fu**en R* (our beloved game dev.) continue to behave it on stores shelves after 2 years of non working online/co-op/networking/multyplayer sh*ts?

And when PS store at all will write and place a notifications on every non trophy working game, that for customers to know about it before buying such a product?

It's up to Rockstar to update the store descriptions to say that the online portion doesn't work anymore. On the german store it doesn't say anything about it, but to be honest it could be worse. Yeah personally I think it sucks that I will never be able to plat this game but to be honest, as long as the game is fun and the main part, the single player, works, everything is fine for me.

For some other games, the store description tells the user if online still works, e.g. Resistance 2:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=EP9000-NPEA00431_00-RESISTANCE2PSN01

... it does not work properly? This game has singleplayer, the best they could do is write that the servers shut down, not delist the game... jeez, they're probably still selling MAG in store and nobody lost their mind, gimme a break :facepalm:

Writing that a game has no trophies is not really relevant IMHO, it's up to the individual to decide if they want to play it or not.

And what's wrong with NFS: The Run? Did they shut down that game, too? I don't read any news about it.

The Autolog-system of The Run doesn't seem to work anymore, rendering one or two trophies impossible to obtain:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/35188-trophy-king-for-a-day-unachievable/unread/

Edited by Stevieboy
Edited the quoted comment to reflect the clean up above.

The Autolog-system of The Run doesn't seem to work anymore, rendering one or two trophies impossible to obtain:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/35188-trophy-king-for-a-day-unachievable/unread/

Oh, really? Well i got Platinum and 100% back in 2013 so whatever lol. Too bad i'll never ever be able to get all unlockable profile stuff (icons, backgrounds and badges), it takes too much time (and luck) but i can live with it.

Now, if only they restored the Weekly Playlists' rotation, though...