PS4 is very noisy, only when playing The last of us remastered

Kaph-

Hi Guys,

My PS4 is doing a super loud noise when playing The last of us remastered.

So far, I only played the game 2 hours, but the first hour and half, my PS4 sounded like it was going to explode literally.

I never had that kind of noise with any other games and I played around 10 so far.

I am playing with the disc version, not digital. I think the noise was coming from the disc drive  :S .

Am i the only one? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Kaph

Hello Kaph, I haven't experienced any problems like that while playing The Last of Us Remastered. However I have experienced similar problems when I played other games. I ended up moving my PS4 to a more open area and it stopped making a really loud noise, I don't know how much space your PS4 is in but you could try that if it's in a tight space that doesn't allow it to breath. That's just a suggestion, if it is your disc drive I don't know what to do. Sorry if I wasn't any help and hope you figure it out.

Make sure there's good space around all sides of it for it to "breathe" well! Also, some games just max the thing out more which cause more heat and require the fan to spin faster.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but my PS4 seems like it's louder when I stand it up - but that's probably just me, lol

That happens to me also but is in my PS3 when I play All-Stars with my brother and when he plays Uncharted 3 for long time for both of games but don't know why. I already ventilated but maybe I should switch the place it is but can't do it now. Any more sugestions?

I'd say AT YOUR OWN RISK to open the console and clean the dust, but it VOIDS WARRANTY, so call Sony maybe?

The warranty is for how many years? I have my PS3 since christmas of 2011 so if it is 2 years then I will try, if it is 3 years however I will wait.

The warranty is for how many years? I have my PS3 since christmas of 2011 so if it is 2 years then I will try, if it is 3 years however I will wait.

2 year warranty from the retail shop

But Sony takes any console even after that 2 year from the shop, BUT that seal must be intact so I wouldn't risk it (I know this because my friend had a ps3 from 2009  that broke in 2012 and Sony helped him SINCE he hadn't touched that seal)

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on my second PS4.

The first would go into full takeoff mode when playing Resogun or boarding ships in AC4.

This second one has been much quieter. Ground Zeroes runs almost silent. Resogun is silent. But InFamous and TLOU go one step short of takeoff.

There's silent, light, moderate, and extreme (take-off) fan levels. TLOU gets to moderate but never extreme.

A couple of tips: raise the system with rubber feet. Even half a centimetre makes a difference.

But the best thing is to buy a USB silent fan. I have an Arctic one. Not silent but better than moderate level and keeps the system cool during intense games. Just plug it in the front and point it back at the top of the system.

I'm on my second PS4.

The first would go into full takeoff mode when playing Resogun or boarding ships in AC4.

This second one has been much quieter. Ground Zeroes runs almost silent. Resogun is silent. But InFamous and TLOU go one step short of takeoff.

There's silent, light, moderate, and extreme (take-off) fan levels. TLOU gets to moderate but never extreme.

A couple of tips: raise the system with rubber feet. Even half a centimetre makes a difference.

But the best thing is to buy a USB silent fan. I have an Arctic one. Not silent but better than moderate level and keeps the system cool during intense games. Just plug it in the front and point it back at the top of the system.

I got a stand for mine and it's been quiet as can be. The only thing that gets slightly loud is when the disk drive starts to read a disk after it's inserted. But even that only last a handful of seconds.