Hardest WaW Mission on Veteran?

Hardest WaW Mission on veteran?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. Which level did you find the most difficult on veteran?

• Semper Fi
    • Little Resistance
    • Hard Landing
    • Vendetta
    • Their Land, Their Blood
    • Burn 'em Out
    • Relentless
    • Blood and Iron
    • Ring of Steel
    • Eviction
    • Black Cats
    • Blowtorch & Corkscrew
    • Breaking Point
    • Heart of the Reich
    • Downfall

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Heart of the Reich was nothing special, honestly. Yeah the 4 flaks are tricky but you get a checkpoint midway and there's plenty of places to retreat and heal if need be. The whole level took me less than an hour judging from my trophy timestamps, and this was my first playthrough.

I thought Burn'em Out and (to a lesser extent) Relentless were far, far worse.

And even those didn't come close to some nightmarish levels of COD Classic (which doesn't even have health regen...). So I also have to disagree that WAW would be the most difficult Veteran mode.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like the mission where you use the flamethrower in narrow trenches was the hardest. There is one checkpoint in particular where you had to clear a wide room with all enemy submachinegunners spamming grenades, it was the hardest part for me for sure

Edited by Fiercethetear

• 5 months later...

I started playing this game in 2012, almost exactly 12 years ago to the day. I started on Veteran and made it to Burn Em Out and stopped playing probably due to difficulty. I came back to it this weekend and finished the campaign on Vet. The two hardest missions were definitely Burn em Out and Heart of the Reich. Heart of the Reich's difficulty was 90% due to grenades. You have to constantly push forward which requires running out into the open, and you have to quickly go prone to avoid gunfire but there are also f*cking grenades all over the place so you can't sit still. I would put this one on a similar level as COD Classic in terms of overall difficulty of veteran campaign. Most of the 2nd half of the campaign is in more wide open areas which makes it easier to pick off enemies from a distance, but Heart of the Reich is the final difficulty hump to get over before the end. 

As others have said, Heart of the Reich. The grenade spam is ridiculous and completely unfair, but the way the level is designed makes it so hard to not get constantly hit as well. It plays a factor into why you die so much (getting far from the nades as possible of course...)

I found Blowtorch and Corkscrew incredibly difficult as well, it was that hill and even with the smoke grenades it was still incredibly annoying to get through it

Also Hard Landing, while not ridiculously hard, it's definitely a nasty wake up call considering it's only the 3rd mission. Ring of Steel I found to be tricky too if you were careless

By contrast I didn't find Burn 'em out too bad. It's difficult, but I had a harder time on Relentless which is the next mission 

Side note but I'm so glad that the Treyarch games don't have those death quotes when you die like the Infinity Ward ones do. Would have driven me insane if they were there on WaW 

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the campaign in veteran as well. I didn't play all the other CODs but this has to be hardest campaign out there right?

The grenade spam is insane, if it wasn't for that it would have been way easier.

Also, can't believe that so many people did this, respect to everyone that got this platinum!

I had to watch some no-damage videos and speedruns to be able to clear some of the checkpoints.

Hardest mission was definitely Heart of the Reich, there's no discussion there!

• Like 1