Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SIDEWINDER_21X

Hardest WaW Mission on Veteran?

Hardest WaW Mission on veteran?   263 members have voted

1. 1. Which level did you find the most difficult on veteran?

• Semper Fi
    • Little Resistance
    • Hard Landing
    • Vendetta
    • Their Land, Their Blood
    • Burn 'em Out
    • Relentless
    • Blood and Iron
    • Ring of Steel
    • Eviction
    • Black Cats
    • Blowtorch & Corkscrew
    • Breaking Point
    • Heart of the Reich
    • Downfall

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

83 posts in this topic

The Call of Duty: World at War campaign is one I will always remember for its punishing veteran difficulty. It was the reason why many people never got the :platinum: due to the sheer amount of grenade spamming.

Personally, I distinctly remember Relentless being the one that made me want to tear my hair out!

Use the poll to vote for the level you found the hardest. :)

I would have to agree with you. Relentless to me was the toughest part. Getting from the fence to the cave was some of the hardest stuff I have done.

On a side note, honorable mention for me goes to burn'em out. I actually broke a controller playing this part as the cheapness of the game truly showed it's colors for me. There is nothing like finally getting to the last pit to end the level, the end dialogue starts and all of a sudden a phantom grenade goes off blowing you up making you restart from the checkpoint all over again. yeah...no words.

I plat'd the game on two different accounts and Burn'em Out was the trouble level for me ..... or the most troublesom level.

Its interesting because most people usually find Heart of the Reich the hardest level, as I did a poll of this same thread on ps3t.com a while ago. I actually didn't find it that difficult because I went in super slow and cautious due to having heard all about it being the hardest level.

I also totally agree with Burn 'em Out (as mentioned above), as that would be my second choice :) This level was made so much worse because my PS3 froze for some apparent reason halfway through. Probably my angriest moment on PS3 of all time! :angry:

I voted for Blowtorch and Corkscrew. That mission killed me, and I know it's not even that hard. I'm not sure why exactly I had so much trouble with it either.

I had trouble with all of 'em, but if I had to pick one it would be Relentless with Burn 'Em Out as a close second.

Lousy Easy Favorite Very Hard most love Veteran for Trophies high other most very hard Zombies Love 36 Round ^_^ Der Riese Fun Love Call Of Duty World At War

I would say Relentless as well. The grenade spamming was at its worst there. I tried rushing up behind the walls, the tanks.....I still don't know how I did it. The last part of Hear of the Reich is a close....VERY close second.

The heart of Reich was the worst for me. At some point with all the grenade spamming, it needed more luck than skill and this is something I hate in games.

The other missions weren't that bad imo....

Now i put Relentless and i'm not trying to brag. But to be honest i don't find [email protected] hard in the slightest.

Again i'm not trying to brag or anything, trust me i now i'm a shit gamer and i know some of the highest level hunters in the world. But with a little effort and tact its actually pretty easy. Most people can do Vet in about a week. I was one of those people. And i know most of you can to. But i had to give it to "Relentless" due to the fact that those Japs are in fact Relentless. Japanese are good at everything they do. It's a proven fact, watch any Vanquish Challenge 6 video by a Japanese.

The hardest and ironically the easiest for me was Blowtorch and Corkscrew. I spent two hours on the final bunker and got no where. However, the very next day I completed the entire mission in under 40 minutes without dying once :| I got lucky :) Heart Of The Reich and Burn'em Out comes second and third(for me). Somehow I always managed to get stuck near the last pit in Burn'em and the grenade spamming in Heart of the Reich was HORRIBLE. to say the least. :/

Heart of the reich! I found this far harder than the entire veteran campaigns on mw2, mw3, bo1 and bo2 put together ( maybe that's just me). Loved the hell out of this game, my very first post and probably the hardest considering the vet campaign, assassinate with a pistol and 45 zeros. VERY VERY proud of this plat :)

Sorry, very first plat not post lol I also agree with relentless and blowtorch & corkscrew, but I also think breaking point was quite hard. Grenade spam was ridiculous, but these Japanese with them mortars took the piss sometimes lol

im half way trough the game on veteran and im only 17 years old. The game for me is actually not that bad on veteran.

Heart of the Reich, i almost gave up on the platinum trophy because of that mission. they kept throwing way to many granades.

Edited by TylerPicon

Well, I honestly must say each level had its pros and cons when it came to certain tactical disadvantages depending on how you played. But all in all I found Blowtorch & Corkscrew the hardest followed by Heart of the Reich. Nevertheless I simply cannot forget the awkwardly amazing grenade throwing Olympic teams the Axis had. . .  :hmm:

heart of the reich 100% then blowtorch & corkscrew. but they were ok anyway. did the whole game on vet in like 2 days, 5 hours a day. patience is key.

Took me 9 months to beat codwaw veteran lol.. and a lot of the levels were hard for me.. this was the only cod I had trouble with on veteran.

Edited by SonicChaos74

Relentless was the worst for me. The fire tank part took me at least 2 hours to get past alone. The whole level is bad though constantly fighting uphill with tons of grenade spam

Voted for Heart Of The Reich. I was stuck there for 8 hours because of those grenade spams.

Meeh Heart of the Reich wasn't bad died almost like 4-5 times but I made it. 

Heart of the Reich no doubt about it...this is some motherfucking mission....damn.When you come close to that palace the enemies start shooting you through walls and when you try to go upstairs then oh man,all this without even mentioning the grenades of course.....I dont remember having so much angry with a very hard difficulty....like someone mentioned you gotta have luck not skill,its too bad-made beyond stupidity but the game is good.

PS:More WW2 themed games would be welcome.

I've beaten it on pc but Relentless and heart of reich was just ridiculous after that cod campaigns on veteran got easier