Hardest WaW Mission on Veteran?

Hardest WaW Mission on veteran?  

475 members have voted

1. 1. Which level did you find the most difficult on veteran?

• Semper Fi
    • Little Resistance
    • Hard Landing
    • Vendetta
    • Their Land, Their Blood
    • Burn 'em Out
    • Relentless
    • Blood and Iron
    • Ring of Steel
    • Eviction
    • Black Cats
    • Blowtorch & Corkscrew
    • Breaking Point
    • Heart of the Reich
    • Downfall

The Call of Duty: World at War campaign is one I will always remember for its punishing veteran difficulty. It was the reason why many people never got the :platinum: due to the sheer amount of grenade spamming.

Personally, I distinctly remember Relentless being the one that made me want to tear my hair out!

Use the poll to vote for the level you found the hardest. :)

• Like 2

I would have to agree with you. Relentless to me was the toughest part. Getting from the fence to the cave was some of the hardest stuff I have done.

On a side note, honorable mention for me goes to burn'em out. I actually broke a controller playing this part as the cheapness of the game truly showed it's colors for me. There is nothing like finally getting to the last pit to end the level, the end dialogue starts and all of a sudden a phantom grenade goes off blowing you up making you restart from the checkpoint all over again. yeah...no words.

• Like 4

Its interesting because most people usually find Heart of the Reich the hardest level, as I did a poll of this same thread on ps3t.com a while ago. I actually didn't find it that difficult because I went in super slow and cautious due to having heard all about it being the hardest level.

I also totally agree with Burn 'em Out (as mentioned above), as that would be my second choice :) This level was made so much worse because my PS3 froze for some apparent reason halfway through. Probably my angriest moment on PS3 of all time! :angry:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now i put Relentless and i'm not trying to brag. But to be honest i don't find W@W hard in the slightest.

Again i'm not trying to brag or anything, trust me i now i'm a shit gamer and i know some of the highest level hunters in the world. But with a little effort and tact its actually pretty easy. Most people can do Vet in about a week. I was one of those people. And i know most of you can to. But i had to give it to "Relentless" due to the fact that those Japs are in fact Relentless. Japanese are good at everything they do. It's a proven fact, watch any Vanquish Challenge 6 video by a Japanese.

• 4 weeks later...

The hardest and ironically the easiest for me was Blowtorch and Corkscrew. I spent two hours on the final bunker and got no where. However, the very next day I completed the entire mission in under 40 minutes without dying once :| I got lucky :) Heart Of The Reich and Burn'em Out comes second and third(for me). Somehow I always managed to get stuck near the last pit in Burn'em and the grenade spamming in Heart of the Reich was HORRIBLE. to say the least. :/

• 1 year later...

Heart of the reich! I found this far harder than the entire veteran campaigns on mw2, mw3, bo1 and bo2 put together ( maybe that's just me). Loved the hell out of this game, my very first post and probably the hardest considering the vet campaign, assassinate with a pistol and 45 zeros. VERY VERY proud of this plat :)

Sorry, very first plat not post lol I also agree with relentless and blowtorch & corkscrew, but I also think breaking point was quite hard. Grenade spam was ridiculous, but these Japanese with them mortars took the piss sometimes lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I honestly must say each level had its pros and cons when it came to certain tactical disadvantages depending on how you played. But all in all I found Blowtorch & Corkscrew the hardest followed by Heart of the Reich. Nevertheless I simply cannot forget the awkwardly amazing grenade throwing Olympic teams the Axis had. . .  :hmm:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heart of the Reich no doubt about it...this is some motherfucking mission....damn.When you come close to that palace the enemies start shooting you through walls and when you try to go upstairs then oh man,all this without even mentioning the grenades of course.....I dont remember having so much angry with a very hard difficulty....like someone mentioned you gotta have luck not skill,its too bad-made beyond stupidity but the game is good.

PS:More WW2 themed games would be welcome.