PS®Vita Unlocked + Ask Your Own Questions!

MarkGibbons

what do you mean by Unlocked ??? was there a lock??

3G Vitas are indeed locked. AT&T for America, Vodaphone for Europe, Including United Kingdom, and Australia, DoCoMo for Japan.

I'm still confused on how the trophies will end up syncing...

Any particular questions you may have? - I'll tell you what I can, but I can't tell you want you want to know if you haven't asked me specifically. ;P

They sync the same as the PS3, Click your account via the trophy app, and they sync to your account; the number on your trophy card is updated, you still level up; only thing is, there not appearing on the PS3 trophy list yet; will probably be updated via a firmware update. Oh, one more thing; Yes, trophies still sync to facebook; heres one off my wall.

2zjddgy.jpg

I would not do it, but are it possible to update over 3G?

I highly doubt it. It doesn't even give me the option, PC, WiFi, or Console.

• Like 1

only thing is, there not appearing on the PS3 trophy list yet; will probably be updated via a firmware update

This is mostly what I was interested in. Has it been confirmed at all that such functionality will be added or is it just speculation since it would be stupid not to? Maybe they're waiting until the Vita is out worldwide before messing with people's trophy lists... for some reason.

EDIT: Oh, and I see you got a picture of the Vita screen on here. Is there a way to take screenshots in-game and transfer it to the PC with relative ease?

Oh, and I see you got a picture of the Vita screen on here. Is there a way to take screenshots in-game and transfer it to the PC with relative ease?

You can easily take screenshots while simultaneously pushing both the 'PS Button' and the 'Start Button' from there you can easily upload via it using the Twitter, or Flickr, there are some other applications that are announced, Including Facebook, Foursquare, and Skype.

They also have this 'content manager' feature that you can import/export from to/from your PC or PS3; I've tried it on my PS3 and it works well for moving photos, But I haven't given it a chance for my computer yet, Mainly because I have an iMac and the 'Content Manager' software is only for windows as of now. I do have Windows 7 installed on my iMac so I'll get back to you on that one later.

EDIT #1: If you require any screenshots or photos; let me know; I'd be glad to get you one.

EDIT #2: You can only take screenshots in certain games, some publishers have removed that feature to avoid people seeing glimses of their games without paying for them. Stupid I say, others may argue that it's to avoid people posting spoilers, who knows.

• Like 1

You can easily take screenshots while simultaneously pushing both the 'PS Button' and the 'Start Button' from there you can easily upload via it using the Twitter, or Flickr, there are some other applications that are announced, Including Facebook, Foursquare, and Skype.

They also have this 'content manager' feature that you can import/export from to/from your PC or PS3; I've tried it on my PS3 and it works well for moving photos, But I haven't given it a chance for my computer yet, Mainly because I have an iMac and the 'Content Manager' software is only for windows as of now. I do have Windows 7 installed on my iMac so I'll get back to you on that one later.

Just out of curiousity, does this sort of thing (the taking screenshots) work on the PS3 and I've been missing it? :lol: Seems like useful functionality.

Persoanlly I was wondering how well the cross game chat works.

Since I started using my Australian PSN account straight away; I haven't had access to many of the features, however I've seen hundreds (literally hundreds) of videos showing the details and how things work. I'm sure you've used the normal video chat feature on the PS3 yeah? It's very similar to that, only difference is you can run it in the backround, aka play a game while talking. It does work fine, across ALL games as of now, but only Vita-to-Vita.

Just out of curiousity, does this sort of thing (the taking screenshots) work on the PS3 and I've been missing it? :lol: Seems like useful functionality.

Unfortunately PS3 is lacking this feature. At least Sony heard what people wanted and acted on the Vita. - Some games (Like battlefield) offered a screenshot feature by pushing Select and Start at the same time, or by manually selecting a screen-shot from the menu, but it never really worked out well.

Since you own a Vita now, can you tell me if it's backwards compatible with PSP games?

- Question from another forum post;

I'm unable to say, I don't have access to the playstation store, and there is no possible way, or accessory available to play your current UMDs. Sony however is implementing a feature where you can re-buy the games you already own, at a discounted price, but only certain developers are allowing that to happen, and either way, I hate the idea of paying again. - Apparently someone has made a PSP Emulator for the Vita as well, but there isn't to much info available.

• Like 1

Awesome thread dude. even though I've already made My mind up about the Vita, you have drop some informative info here. and actually was looking for something to change My mind about it. but sadly, still on the con side. not that it doesn't offer some good features to it, but more on the side that Sony took milking to new levels. but still informative none the less.

I will be following thread in hopes that something will sway Me in the positive . but still haven't read anything that out weighs the heavy financial burden that Sony puts on the consumer/gamer. especially along the lines of 2nd hand games. if ever possible that you can verify that a lets say a trophy pass is not needed for accessing trophies on a 2nd hand game, then that would be awesome. but @ current, rumors have it that there will be a fee.

I will be following thread in hopes that something will sway Me in the positive . but still haven't read anything that out weighs the heavy financial burden that Sony puts on the consumer/gamer. especially along the lines of 2nd hand games. if ever possible that you can verify that a lets say a trophy pass is not needed for accessing trophies on a 2nd hand game, then that would be awesome. but @ current, rumors have it that there will be a fee.

Well, I guess I have some good news for you; Second hand games wont require passes, or have any sort of attachments, such as trophies disabled. Simple what Sony meant by second hand games not having trophies is, that in fact you wont be able to earn trophies on some body elses save file. (The same as the PS3 already works).

When Inserting a preowned cartridge, It'll tell that there is savadata from another PSN account stored on that particular game, and give you the option to remove that data but doing a restore, in which case, will make everything seem like new! (Nifty eh? - Also means everyone will be earning the trophies themselves!)

Here, you said you wanted some sort of proof. Here's an old comment on a different thread followed by a screenshot.

394897_237999852938786_143317185740387_636555_47852654_n.jpg

• Like 1

PlayStation Vita IS NOT LOCKED to Vodafone in the UK.

As posted elsewhere on this forum, I've been told as much by MusterBuster (Michael Shillingford, PlayStation EU Community Manager) , and you can see for yourself with a simple Google search.

You can also get confirmation "straight from the horse's mouth" by reading the reply to the 6th comment on this official SCEE Blog post.

PlayStation Vita IS NOT LOCKED to Vodafone in the UK.

As posted elsewhere on this forum, I've been told as much by MusterBuster (Michael Shillingford, PlayStation EU Community Manager) , and you can see for yourself with a simple Google search.

You can also get confirmation "straight from the horse's mouth" by reading the reply to the 6th comment on this official SCEE Blog post.

Theres some arguments going down about this, I myself saw the post saying its going to be locked; and I've asked a SCEE member myself and they simply said 'the chosen provider' is Vodaphone. However, If it is unlocked, which only half the sources are saying (but those sources are reliable) congratulations to us! Japan, and America locked, and we're free to choose anything! - Congratulations right?

done and done. dude, your on the money.

with that said, I would have to say I'm swayed back to the positive. thanks, just got the boost of good news I needed to start My day. :awesome:

I'm gonna look forward to playing with you. If I can figure out how to play anything on my own. Couple of my imports are in Japanese when the sellers on eBay said 'English Menus' - 2 trophies unlocked, and I'm already about to give up.

o877fp.jpg

Can you play non Vita games on it ?

Like normal ps3 blu-ray disc games ?

And what about PSP games ?

Ps2 games ?

Psx games ?

Different answer for each, but I'll do my best.

PS3 Games is a no, that confirmation from Sony that you can play all PS3 games from remote play? Bullshit!

PSN Games is another 'No' - Unable to play via remote play, and haven't seen any to download.

PSP Games is a bit of both, I can't copy PSP games onto my Vita from my PS3, But they are available to download.

PS2 Games, None are available on the PS-Store as of now, and I don't own any to test remote play, but I doubt it.

PS1 Games work fine, they're available both from the Vitas Store, and can be played via Remote play, however they can not be copied to the Vita from a PS3 system, Confirmed with FF 7.

Different answer for each, but I'll do my best.

PS3 Games is a no, that confirmation from Sony that you can play all PS3 games from remote play? Bullshit!

PSN Games is another 'No' - Unable to play via remote play, and haven't seen any to download.

I read in an article on one of the gaming sites (can't find it now though) that Remote Play for PS3 games is incomplete at this point and currently only works with a few games. Supposedly full remote support is going to be in a future ps3/psv firmware update. We'll see I guess.

Theres some arguments going down about this, I myself saw the post saying its going to be locked; and I've asked a SCEE member myself and they simply said 'the chosen provider' is Vodaphone. However, If it is unlocked, which only half the sources are saying (but those sources are reliable) congratulations to us! Japan, and America locked, and we're free to choose anything! - Congratulations right?

Indeed. But the phrase SCEE use is "preferred partner", which has very different implications to SCEA's wording of "chosen provider".

The responses on the SCEE blog state pretty clearly and directly, in reply to several different people, that it's not locked, so I don't see there's much of an argument to be had. Those 3rd parties perpetuating the 'locked' story are doing a disservice to their readers

I read in an article on one of the gaming sites (can't find it now though) that Remote Play for PS3 games is incomplete at this point and currently only works with a few games. Supposedly full remote support is going to be in a future ps3/psv firmware update. We'll see I guess.

I hope that these features are added, not that they'll work well. Remote play is as laggy as the PSP, which makes gameplay impossible; so either way, I wont be using it. - As of now, I'm only answering questions about how the Vita is right now, not how things will improve in the future. However, I will give my predictions if asked.

Indeed. But the phrase SCEE use is "preferred partner", which has very different implications to SCEA's wording of "chosen provider".

The responses on the SCEE blog state pretty clearly and directly, in reply to several different people, that it's not locked, so I don't see there's much of an argument to be had. Those 3rd parties perpetuating the 'locked' story are doing a disservice to their readers

Then I'm happy in one way, but sad in another. One of my main reasons for importing was to be the only person with an unlocked Vita. That went down the drain, if you're correct. (And I'm not doubting you) - But in another way, I'm happy for everyone in Europe who wont be stuck with a company whose possibly the worst provider available. Double Congratulations!

Do the Vita trophies add to your totals on your PS3 account?

Yes, It's almost fully functional as we speak. The trophy count is increasing, but the actual trophy list in 'compare' trophies isn't appearing as of yet.

just switched my pre order to the 3g version as i have 1GB of data and unlimited BT openzones on my current provider so i can use it pretty much anywhere. :D

Fantastic. I myself wouldn't go for a cheaper model when the next model isn't that expensive (in comparison). I'm using my Telstra sim in there, country-wide service and unlimited free facebook.