Destiny requires 40GB installation!

kidson2004

That is alot of space maybe just for PS4 etc only you know powerful engine might as well take advantage kind of thing.

Surely last gen versions would tone it down a bit and run on less steam etc.

If not then wow.

Installing FFX/X-2 on my Ps3 wiped out just about everything I had downloaded and that was just half of that.

Uncharted 3 on ps3 was hell downloading

How big was it?

FFX/X-2 was 28 I think GB to download.

Before that Ghosts was my largest to download at 16GB.

I try to stay around indy games with small downloads most of the time only down side to going digital.

Good news is for the Ps4 I heard adding more space was easy and that updating to a TeraByte of memory is a breeze.

Edited by lts_Rainbow_Dash

How big was it?

FFX/X-2 was 28 I think GB to download.

Before that Ghosts was my largest to download at 16GB.

I try to stay around indy games with small downloads most of the time only down side to going digital.

Good news is for the Ps4 I heard adding more space was easy and that updating to a TeraByte of memory is a breeze.

like 45 gbs and I forgot the update and I know the last of us is at least 30 gbs

Honestly, should we really be surprised about this anymore? Games are now going to take up more storage.  To put it in perspective, I remember having the 20 GB PS3 when it first came out and then getting Fallout 3 for Christmas.  It took half of my storage just to play the game.

Now if Destiny was going to take something like 100 GB in order to play I can see the concern, but we now should be expecting games to take more storage.  Just my opinion...

• Like 1

Honestly, should we really be surprised about this anymore? Games are now going to take up more storage.  To put it in perspective, I remember having the 20 GB PS3 when it first came out and then getting Fallout 3 for Christmas.  It took half of my storage just to play the game.

Now if Destiny was going to take something like 100 GB in order to play I can see the concern, but we now should be expecting games to take more storage.  Just my opinion...

It's true with the new gen comes a new engine games are becoming whole new worlds like never seen before., Details we never could see before are coming into light.

Games might start taking up more and more space in return for bigger wider worlds., that said we as gamers have to be ready to open up these worlds by making the space for them to thrive.

Most people I've heard about getting the ps4 upgrade to a Terabyte of space just to be safe from the large scale games coming out.

This new gen of games seems very exciting I for one can't wait to plunge in and try out some true scale adventures one such adventure will be Dead Island 2., have no idea if its true but I heard that in that game the adventure spans the whole state of Cali and a bit of the neighboring states as well sounds huge and epic!

Wait so does this affect internet usage when downloading??  :|

It depends on how you're asking that question.

If your asking if this is going to take more to download then yes, its more GB to download so you are using more bandwidth. Everything you download affects your internet usage.

The 40GB that are referred in the post are about installation though, I dont know how big the actual game download will be, it might even bigger, or not. Considering patches and DLC are pretty much a given then its likely to be bigger than 40GB.

Edited by BasickAlphabit

It depends on how you're asking that question.

If your asking if this is going to take more to download then yes, its more GB to download so you are using more bandwidth. Everything you download affects your internet usage.

The 40GB that are referred in the post are about installation though, I dont know how big the actual game download will be, it might even bigger, or not. Considering patches and DLC are pretty much a given then its likely to be bigger than 40GB.

Alright so the game takes 40GB of space to download. Does this mean it takes 40 GB of your internet usage, if you've got a, let's say, 100GB allowance per month?

Alright so the game takes 40GB of space to download. Does this mean it takes 40 GB of your internet usage, if you've got a, let's say, 100GB allowance per month?

Yes, but only if you download the game. If you go and physically buy the game at a store, then no. You are only installing those 40GB, you arent downloading anything.

Until you update the game, and like I said, a patch to this game is pretty much a given, but it shouldn't be anywhere close to 40GB.

Now that I think about it. A data cap on bandwidth must be hell for people with current gen consoles.

Edited by BasickAlphabit
  • Like 1

Guys, this is just for installation. Meaning that you need this much space with the disc based version. Also, it says UP TO 40GB for installation. Which means that it could just say that on the box to compensate for later updates. The actual installation may not be that large. So, no need to freak out just yet guys.

Is this a serious question? Why on earth would it not count towards your limit?

7vUyyav.gif

ye5Jpgs.gif

Now, let us not get ahead of ourselves and assume that everyone in this 'humble' community is as

"Tech-Savvy" as most are.  B)  :pimp: 

Remember, Its always best to ask when you don't know something and be honest about it

rather than act like "Mr. You know everything".  :giggle: 

Btw, that GOAT pic was hilarious  :lol:

-Razgriz