In case you missed it, the ‪#‎XBone‬ launched in Japan

kidhero99

I really do feel extremely sorry for Xbox, I knew they were going to fail in Japan but I didn't expect them to fail that badly but it was expected because of Cultural preference between Japan, European Union and United States. Xbox focuses more on shooters since shooters are popular in the U.S. and E.U. but they are not popular in Japan just like how Visual Novels are popular in Japan but not in the west.

Xboxonevsps4part5_zps0df1e66c.gif

• Like 2

Wait, it took an entire year for Microsoft to release the Xbox One in Japan? Something tells me that something is off here.

It's only been released today in the Netherlands too. Most people that wanted it already bought one in Germany :P.

Hello everyone. I am japanese ('-'*)♪

I'd like there is no popular in Japan XBOX. I was surprised to see the image.

There are two people who were personally imported from the United States around me.

How can a remark of such a person. Headquarters of the United States is also working hard, and incompetence no salvation like branch offices of Japan. It is a big problem No.1

I do not know, so not familiar with the game industry. Please receive the reference level (人-ω-)

Edited by hanamogura0113

Well japanese people tend to be more intelligent...you could even say they're in another lvl when it comes to humans...xbox is like a cancer there...and that's something you should avoid at all costs.Anyway these pics are so funny.

Japanese are just as smart as anyone from Africa or the Northpole. I don't know why you'd think they are brighter than others

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I am japanese ('-'*)♪

I'd like there is no popular in Japan XBOX. I was surprised to see the image.
 There are two people who were personally imported from the United States around me.
 How can a remark of such a person. Headquarters of the United States is also working hard, and incompetence no salvation like branch offices of Japan. It is a big problem No.1

I do not know, so not familiar with the game industry. Please receive the reference level (人-ω-)

Can you verify this?

Also someone get google translate on this trainwreck!

Edited by kidhero99
  • Like 1

Well japanese people tend to be more intelligent...you could even say they're in another lvl when it comes to humans...xbox is like a cancer there...and that's something you should avoid at all costs.Anyway these pics are so funny.

They are just as smart as people from other countries. What exactly makes you say this though? I would like to hear how you came to this conclusion.

I'm Japanese, but yes I know that from my country they always prefer only for PS consoles, only a few ppl have Xbox 360 but now the PS4 is pretty good so japanese ppl wouldn't buy the Xbox One, Microsoft shouldn't try it anymore its a waste of time. But seriously PS4 is much more better than Xbox One even in the USA.

@Goekie  please be nice and don't say things like that because that what you said about Japanese ppl are not true.

@Goekie  please be nice and don't say things like that because that what you said about Japanese ppl are not true.

Edited by XxShinichi-Kudo
  • Like 1

Japanese are just as smart as anyone from Africa or the Northpole. I don't know why you'd think they are brighter than others

They are just as smart as people from other countries. What exactly makes you say this though? I would like to hear how you came to this conclusion.

The answer is in the tip of your noses.

I'm Japanese, but yes I know that from my country they always prefer only for PS consoles, only a few ppl have Xbox 360 but now the PS4 is pretty good so japanese ppl wouldn't buy the Xbox One, Microsoft shouldn't try it anymore its a waste of time. But seriously PS4 is much more better than Xbox One even in the USA.

He didn't say anything about the Japanese??

I don't know if you're right but don't the Japanese also associate the number 4 with death and it's considered an unlucky number. Maybe that's a bad sign for the ps4. It's not selling that great over there either, right?

If that was exactly a big case, Sony wouldn't name PS4, PS4. But yea, you are right, 4 is considered unlucky. But maybe it's just for older people and younger ones don't care about that anymore =)

Anyways, Microsoft failed big time. If they waited for Chaos;Head and released XBone with C;H they could at least pick up some sales.

But Microsoft won't understand that J-games are what sells in Japan.

If I recall, the Japanese have a weird thing with the letter x. On PS2 and beyond, games in Japan use the X button for cancel and O for confirm. Hence the reason for the "X"box not doing well in the Japanese market.

That seems like an awfully trivial and unrealistic reason... O is the equivalent to a ✓ in western culture, hence why that's the confirm button over there.  In the west we use X for confirm in a sense of 'X marks the spot'.  The Xbox One did badly in Japan simply because it is just not popular over there.

I don't know if you're right but don't the Japanese also associate the number 4 with death and it's considered an unlucky number. Maybe that's a bad sign for the ps4. It's not selling that great over there either, right?

4 is considered an unlucky number because 4 is pronounced 'shi' in Japanese, which is als死 (shi), the Japanese word for death.  Didn't seem to affect the PS4's sales over there though.   :lol:  And I'd hazard a guess it's not selling in Japan as well as the west because handheld gaming totally dominates over there - hell, PSP was still receiving brand new releases to this year.

/cultural lesson over

The Xbox One sold only 22,416 on launch day.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/10/xbox-one-japanese-launch-figures-are-a-little-slow

According Famitsu, the number one software title on the platform in the region was Titanfall with 22,416 units, Kinect Sports Rivals in second place with 14,191 and Dead Rising 3 with 7,330 boxes move 

Sony sold more than 300,000 units of the PlayStation 4 in Japan for the two-day period following its February 22 release. It's worth remembering, however, that Wii U sales were outpacing PS4 figures in the country earlier this year.

Sony recently announced PS4 sales passed the 10 million unit mark worldwide as of last month. The last word on Xbox One sales is that Microsoft's recorded 5 million units shifted to retailers.
Edited by Venocide