Proteus: If You're Thinking Of Playing It, I'd Advise Not To

damon8r351

Can everyone just take a damn chill pill. Everyone's inclined to their own opinion. If you don't like the game, that's fine. If you'd rather bash your skull than play this game, that's OK too but let's stop with the name calling... We're better than that.

The funny thing is, I don't even really like the game. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

You respect peoples differing opinions so much that you tell them to not even give games a try?  Because of your opinion of it?  Yeah, no... I don't see it.

I give my input about a game and I leave it up to you to decide. If you want, I could come to your house and ensure you don't play it, but you're paying my airfare. Rather, I'd just as soon leave the decision up to you. If you're against that, then you should be against professional reviews as well. Is that how it works, IGN comes to your house and rips the game out of your machine to make sure you follow their opinion? Because that's a pain, I'm not doing that. Jeezuz, who knew Proteus was such a firebrand of a game? :P

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 3

I didn't enjoy this game at all. I tried to get into it, but I just couldn't. And I've played games like flOw, Flower, and Journey, and I loved exploring in these games, and I appreciated the environment we could go through in those games! This game just feels empty to me, boring, and this game is obviously pretty dull compared to the games I mentioned. Although I did understand the "goal" of this game, and I do appreciate it, but it's just not my cup of tea. Not hating on the game, since I do appreciate the concept of this game.

Edited by jack21_98
  • Like 1

You disagree with the OP, ok cool the forums are about people sharing their opinions on various topics but learn to express your opinion without this senseless name calling.

I don't disagree with the OP, I actually don't really like the game either.  I'm calling his character into question.  He's clearly trying to convince people to not even try playing the game (look at the flippin' thread title), under the guise of "hey c'mon now, it's just my opinion!"

Not that I care for even a second if someone plays this game or not.  It's the principle of the thing.  I'm an advocate for people making up their own minds, and the fact even one person has already "thanked him for the heads up" isn't right.  And the fact he considers that a "win" is even worse.

Edited by Dreakon13

He's absolutely right, you know. Don't play this game, I'm warning you. If you do and I find out about it, I'm kicking down the door to your house, logging into your PS3, and deleting it off your hard drive. Then I'm slapping you with the bill for my airfare, and leaving your refrigerator door open.

I heard you the first time you made this joke.  Seriously though, do you think so much of your opinion that this thread really needed to be made?  I recall you comparing yourself to professional reviewers before, and that if I dislike you, I should dislike them as well.  Is that how you see this?

Why not make a "Hey guys, lets all post our opinions of Proteus" thread and participate that way?  Or did that not even occur to you?

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't disagree with the OP, I actually don't really like the game either.  I'm calling his character into question.  He's clearly trying to convince people to not even try playing the game (look at the flippin' thread title), under the guise of "hey c'mon now, it's just my opinion!"

Not that I care for even a second if someone plays this game or not.  It's the principle of the thing.  I'm an advocate for people making up their own minds, and the fact even one person has already "thanked him for the heads up" isn't right.  And the fact he considers that a "win" is even worse.

I think you are just taking the OP's title way too seriously. I don't think he honestly cares if people play this or not, pretty sure he won't be checking the Proteus game page daily to see if people are playing it and trying to stop those people from playing it. He also was probably under the assumption that people on this site aren't mindless zombies whose opinion are easily swayed and they will decide for themselves if they will play or not. The person who said thanks for the heads up probably read what the game was about and it just wasn't their cup of tea. Guy just made a thread saying his opinion about the game and if people still want to play it or not based on his opinions is whatever really, you are just taking some of the wording way too seriously.

• Like 3

oooh.. should have brought popcorn... replies are getting interesting...

anyway.... I actually bought this game with the following reasons:

-supposed to be a relaxing game like thatgamecompany games

-supposed to be "easy" trophies

-on sale... like I got it for $2ish...

I couldn't actually say if this is a relaxing game for me... for others, it might... but not for me... I never actually enjoyed open world/explore wherever you want game (that's why my Terraria is sitting at Rank E) or maybe just because I am expecting to have an objective or something...

The trophies looks easy for some... but for me, I don't know... maybe if I try... but with my statement above, couldn't even bring myself to play this game again...

I don't dislike Indie... I actually enjoyed playing them, but maybe this is just not my cup of tea... I might play it in the future (well maybe not near future) just for completion sake...

*vanished in the wind to avoid angry mobs*

• Like 1

It is not a good game. It is not even a game. But it was made with passion and care, and it has some meaning, at least for me. As a writer, I was awed by the *Spoilers* hallucinations in autumn. *End Spoilers* It made me wonder what came before you arrived at the island, what the island was. It still makes me think of it some days, which for me, makes it a worthwile experience. But if you try to play it just for trophies, making the developer's effort worthless, YOU have failed, not Proteus.

• Like 1