Do people here actually play games without thinking about Trophies?

JONNY-1992-_-

I care about trophies, but just the ones for games I really enjoy and have fun or are extremely easy to obtain, of course sometimes a challenge is good but force yourself into a thing you don't fully enjoy every time becomes work.

I won't, for a example, let a trophy which require hours of retry in the hardest difficult take the fun of enjoy the game on normal, even on easy if I'm not good in that genre but still want to try the game.

i do both i enjoy games and get trophies i first play it first then go for the trophies if i have time or if im competeing i try and get has many trophies as i can but yeah some people just get the game for trophies and not appreciate the game itself

Not right now. I went through a period where I did (I didn't get a trophy for weeks, and I didn't get a play for almost a year). But right now, trophies are my main motivation for gaming (mostly because I don't want to buy new games, so going back and completing old ones is saving some cash).

In the past two months I have earned approximately three trophies. That's it. One of them was for Assassin's Creed Unity which I hadn't intended on buying. However my son purchased it so I popped it in to see how it played. After playing for about an hour in which I did end up getting the first trophy you can earn for playing it I shut it off and haven't touched it since.

Pretty unusual considering that when I play a game if I really like it I will play it for about a month before it goes back on the shelf to collect dust while I move on to other games. However since last September I've actually just spent my precious little free time playing that 'either you love it or hate it' game known as Destiny.

For me a number of reasons I play it is for trying to achieve level 32 for all my characters, collecting weapons, and doing all the raids and weekly's that are offered with the exception of Vault of Glass. I typically can find one or two players willing to tag along with me so I've come to love this game for the participating with others aspect of it. I also really like some of the conversations that I have with other players. From time to time I've even broadcasted some of my game play which I used to not want to do.

That's not to say I still don't play it solo because I still do just to collect various items. It all seems so mindless but for me it has fitted easily into my schedule since I work 50 to 65 hours a week.

So to sum it up I play with getting satisfaction out of playing ... earning the trophies are just icing on the cake.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just curious to know if all people on this website care about is Trophies or do you play games to have fun and not care if you don't achieve a Trophy. I've been looking at these forums for a while now and it's alright for people to like achieving Trophies however I'm surprised some people actually make a decisions on purchasing a game based on it's Trophies. Is it me but I think that's a bit extreme to do. Why can't people enjoy games without Trophies like video games used to be?

Many do like me.