(Avatar) Legend of Korra PSN game..

Jak

First off, this is my 1st thread here (which was originally going to be something else), and on an IPAD (-_-). This is also a multi purpose and question thread.

1. Are you getting TLOK (please post here if you are getting it)?

2. What made you make it your plan to buy this game?

3. Does the cartoon (yes cartoon, it's not an anime) of both TLOK and/or (prequel) TLOA/TLA have any influence or relevance to your purchase, for those buying the game, and non-purchase, for those not buying the game?

4. Does the fact that none of the previous avatar games had trophies, encouraged you or has relevance to your future purchase of this game?

1. I'll definitely get The Legend of Korra.

2. The fact that it's based on something I enjoyed a lot, and it's being made by Platinum games. Devs I have respect for.

3.The cartoons are also a big part of what's influencing me to buy it, alongside who's developing it. I grew up watching TLA, then watched TLOK not too long ago. So I still love it.

4. Not at all, I actually owned an xbox for most part of my life, so the old Avatar game did have achievements for me, sure it was an easy 5 or so achievements for 1000G, but I never played it anyway, it was pretty darn hard to find as it wasn't on the marketplace.
So it's interesting to play an Avatar-universe game that will most likely have relatively difficult trophies, compared to what the achievements were.

• Like 2

I also can't wait for it!

I'm only a recent adopter of the series (both Avatar and Korra), towards the end of Korra book 3, so I haven't played any previous games!

Well, the game takes place in-between Book 2 and 3, and the past games have no relevance, as their tied to a seperate-but-also-canon series and timeline in the avatar universe. So not only do you want to go back and catch up on the origin of TLOK via the tv show (before or after the game, doesn't matter, but you would get the best out of it if you caught up first), but you also should, because of vital/essential information you need to know. Jumping ahead to Book 3 is a very big step (that's 70-75% of the entire season, since they'll only be 4 books, you've jump to, and over half the series you missed so far) from the show's perspective, I wouldn't go any further till you caught up on the show's past experience, otherwise you won't understand some things and you won't be able to enjoy certain episodes and moments at your fullest and such.

With that said, welcome to the Legend of Korra train, both the anime and game train!

Edited by BlueDiamond93

Well, the game takes place in-between Book 2 and 3, and the past games have no relevance, as their tied to a seperate series and timeline in the avatar universe. So not only do you want to go back and catch up on the origin of TLOK via the tv show (before or after the game, doesn't matter), but you also should, because of vital/essential information you need to know. Jumping ahead to Book 3 is a very big step, I wouldn't go any further till you caught up on the show's past experience, otherwise you won't understand some things and you won't be able to enjoy certain episodes and moments at your fullest and such.

With that said, welcome to the Legend of Korra train, both the anime and game train!

Oh, sorry, misunderstanding! I don't mean I jumped in there and haven't watched the rest, that's simply when I started getting into the two series as a whole (to show how recent of an adopter I am), lol. My bad on that. :giggle:

Edited by LukaLaurent

Oh, sorry, misunderstanding! I don't mean I jumped in there and haven't watched the rest, that's simply when I started getting into the two series as a whole (to show how recent of an adopter I am), lol. My bad on that. :giggle:

That makes like my whole reply meaningless D=. It is a little interesting however, how you got interested in both series sometime during their 3rd seasons.

Yeah, I want to get it. I like the show, and it's a prequel to Book 3 so it will be nice to know what happened beforehand. What also sells it is it's made by Platinum. I don't expect it to be over the top like Metal Gear Rising or Bayonetta, which would be nice, but Platinum at least knows how to make a good combat system.

• 2 months later...

1. Yes I will be getting The Legend of Korra from the PSN store.

2. The fact that it is under $10. That and the fact that it is very hard for me to find the physical copy.

3. Avatar: The Last Airbender had a tiny bit of influence, but other than that I still haven't seen The Legend of Korra cartoon, which is a shame since a lot of people are telling me to get a move on :D.

4. I never even realised that there was previous Avatar games aside from the one I saw on the 3DS (I think).

• Like 1

Yeah, but I think the 3ds version has a physical copy. Damn them.

I didn't even know there was a 3ds version, lol. After looking into it though, it appears to be a poor version of the game, but it follows the same storyline.

I wasn't able to find a physical copy over various websites either though. I checked both local companies and internet only companies that import, but nothing. :(

• 6 months later...