GTA San Andreas PS3 release?

Saltyie

Is this the same shitty "HD" port the 360 got that was port from the MOBILE VERSION?! With less songs and more glitches and frame rate issues? Honestly I've never been more disgusted with a port job since Jak and Daxter to Vita, in fact I would venture to say this is worse. Please don't be that. 

1. It is.

2. Less songs, I'll give you, but other than that when I beat it on Android there was no glitches (at all) and the frame rate never dipped. I had all the settings turned up to maximum the whole way, reflections on high and everything. This game is a lot more reliable than the old PS2 version. Just remember, this is basically the quality scale for the game

PS2

Xbox

PC

The Android/iOS version is a port of the PC version with a new lighting engine and a bunch of other useful upgrades, so with that in mind.

PS2

Xbox

PC

Android (when being run on a good Android machine)

And the PS3/360 versions are essentially the Android version, but set to about 75% settings, so

PS2

Xbox

PC

PS3/360

Android

Now that being said, I believe the PC actually got a port of the updated version too, so with that on max settings, it would obviously still hold the topspot.

Edit: One thing though, I don't think the mini 2 player mode thing of the original release on PS2/Xbox is in the updated versions, if so, then that's a bummer. But would you prefer them to have made all these upgrades and updates and shit for this version, or preferred them to just release the PS2 classic version with trophies, and because it's a re-release, it would still be missing all those songs.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

There's a lot of things that got removed for obvious reasons when the game went touch screen, that didn't make their way back into this version and that is quite disappointing to me at least.

Firstly, you can't button mash X to swim / cycle quicker, as it was in the touch screen versions, they force you to hold the button.

Second, what's the point of having a "classic" controller scheme if CJ's super punch is now X instead of triangle?

Third, the removal of using L1 to shoot when on a bike, makes sense on a touch screen because why would you have 2 shoot buttons? But it's absence here sucks.

Fourth, the continued absence of the ability to cut your chute, sucks major dick.

There's several more things I can't think of right now, but it's so weird that they gave us back the ability to keep our landing gear in or put it out, but not these obvious ones.

Also, now that they've taken the PS2 classics version off the store, it actually doesn't seem like too much to ask for me to get this version for free since when I want to play my one now I'll have to go through the mountain of digital crap that is my download list.

With that being said though, the additions of checkpoints, auto saves, and much prettier graphics, make up for the weird audio problems, the many moments when the game will just pause, and the fact that it's straight up crashed on me probably 5 times already. With these features, the game looks and feels exactly how you remember it, which is a lot better than the 2004 PS2 disc I have over there really is, and that's really what a remaster is meant to do, bring something into the modern standard, and to that level, San Andreas PS3, is everything it should be, a beautiful, fluid, amazing game, just like we remember it.

That being said, the Android version is way less buggy and a fifth of the god damned price if you want the disc version on PS3. So buy that version instead and say no to lazy phone ports at jacked up prices.

Since I've seen more then 100+ have played this and got trophies from it so far..

This may seem like a stupid question, but it's frustrating me quite a bit. Is this game out..? I'm checking on the PlayStation store on my computer and I'm unable to find it.. And I see on blog sites such as IGN talking about how they released it digitally the other day. Would I not be able to go on the computer and just buy the game from the PlayStation store or.. ? (Cause I'm mad confused how that many people have that game right now)

Editttt: asdffghj Found it. I feel stupid, lol. Can't wait for the nostalgia when I finally finish downloading it!

Edited by DuckSwimmer