Can't Turn on Your PS4 from Rest Mode? Here's How to Fix Firmware Update 2.00 Issue

Lady Lilith

Thank you so much for posting this, I've had to pull the plug 4 times since the update (first 2 for putting into rest mode before realising that's what the problem was, then once when I turned off the TV so the PS4 put itself into rest mode, and once when I was downloading something when I turned it off so again it put itself into rest mode).  Since following the above instructions I've successfully tested putting it into rest mode three times and all is working :o)

I've re-installed the firmware, but it hasn't made any difference. The blinking orange light comes back.

The official PlayStation twitter account has tweeted to say that they are aware of the issues with Rest mode.

For the time being, it is best to avoid it and just power off the unit completely.

It didn't affect everyone, but for those it did, re-installing the update is only a potential solution.  I've had the issue three times now.  I re-installed the update both times and had it work for a few days, then refuse to power up from rest again after the fourth or fifth time.  I'm just avoiding rest mode until they patch, now.

It didn't affect everyone, but for those it did, re-installing the update is only a potential solution.  I've had the issue three times now.  I re-installed the update both times and had it work for a few days, then refuse to power up from rest again after the fourth or fifth time.  I'm just avoiding rest mode until they patch, now.

Same here.  Hope they patch it soon.  I like to use rest mode to charge controllers.