Hyperdimension Neptunia Fanclub

Satoshi Ookami

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an outisder to this Topic but i want to express my curiosity over this series.

I see lot of appraise fromthis franchise and i wanted to know why this series have a very strong legion of fans especially here in PSNProfiles.

P.S : I'm not a fan of RPG , western or japanese, by any means beacuse I didn't grew up with these genre but I'm open mind to experience every kind of game if it's good enough to spend my time with. Only completed one RPG in my whole life (Demon's Souls) and enjoy it very much. Also I have Resonance of Fate, Dark Souls 1 & 2 to start.

Edited by Jiaho24

I'm an outisder to this Topic but i want to express my curiosity over this series.

I see lot of appraise fromthis franchise and i wanted to know why this series have a very strong legion of fans especially here in PSNProfiles.

P.S : I'm not a fan of RPG , western or japanese, by any means beacuse I didn't grew up with these genre but I'm open mind to experience every kind of game if it's good enough to spend my time with. Only completed one RPG in my whole life (Demon's Souls) and enjoy it very much. Also I have Resonance of Fate, Dark Souls 1 & 2 to start.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is just awesome! But honestly if you don't enjoy turn based RPG's and the slow pace of VN's then you probably won't enjoy it though. But don't let that stop you from trying out the series! It's atleast worth to try it out! Who know, you might end up loving it.

Most of the series charm, and why we love it so much, doesn't really rely on the gameplay anyway. It's in the characters and humor of the game. 

If you want to try out every genre of gaming, Hyperdimension Neptunia is a must play series. Since it's really a one of a kind game! 

One a sidenote; any news when the limited edition of re;birth 2 will be for sale? it's already january and i haven't seen any news about it yet.

Edited by xZoneHunter

Hyperdimension Neptunia is just awesome! But honestly if you don't enjoy turn based RPG's and the slow pace of VN's then you probably won't enjoy it though. But don't let that stop you from trying out the series! It's atleast worth to try it out! Who know, you might end up loving it.

Most of the series charm, and why we love it so much, doesn't really rely on the gameplay anyway. It's in the characters and humor of the game. 

If you want to try out every genre of gaming, Hyperdimension Neptunia is a must play series. Since it's really a one of a kind game! 

One a sidenote; any news when the limited edition of re;birth 2 will be for sale? it's already january and i haven't seen any news about it yet.

You're right. The turn-based gameplay is what it's taking me away of these game. But i didn't also like the gameplay of Deadly Premonition Director'r Cuts because was so clunky and Resident Evil style but did love the plot, the atmosphere, humor and interaction with the town folks. It was a great time talking to the people and discovering about the mysteries of the town.

Maybe the story and humor of Hyperdimension series will keep me pleased for the journey. Who knows?

I think Rebirth 2 will be out in march since most Neptunia games came out at that month all i know is that ya can preoder it already tho.

Re;birth 2 has already a release date, it's january 27 (us) and january 28 & 30 for Europe. 

That's why i'm so anxious about the limited edition... I reaaaally want to buy it... 

• Like 1

Is anyone alive here anymore? :x Please fellow CPU's...Come back to meeeee.... :(

Im always here, my beloved NepJr ^_^

Because reasons! :P

Uhm... the games are build upon humor. The franchise is a satire (persiflage?) against the gamingindustrie. Every character represents a console (there is also one for PC and Atari), devstudio or publisher.  Or something else in this direction. The badguys have for example the R4 card for NDS or Anonymous (I guess). And a "guild" called CustomFirmWare. ... Guess you see where this is going.

The show offers fanservice... enough said.

As for me, Im not that fan of westernstyle RPGs. I have here Skyrim GOTY and DragonAge:UltimateEdition, but... dont know. Everyone says these were good games, but yeah ... So, I can understand you in some way, I guess. :D

But maybe you should give a try to the Vita games. The re:birth series is a complete (and better) remade from the PS3 originalgames. Also they have new jokes. :D

I mean... do you know... the second console war nearly started because the girls quarreled around, if you should use lemonjuice for your fried stuff.

Edited by Neptune2

Uhm... the games are build upon humor. The franchise is a satire (persiflage?) against the gamingindustrie. Every character represents a console (there is also one for PC and Atari), devstudio or publisher.  Or something else in this direction. The badguys have for example the R4 card for NDS or Anonymous (I guess). And a "guild" called CustomFirmWare. ... Guess you see where this is going.

As for me, Im not that fan of westernstyle RPGs. I have here Skyrim GOTY and DragonAge:UltimateEdition, but... dont know. Everyone says these were good games, but yeah ... So, I can understand you in some way, I guess. :D

But maybe you should give a try to the Vita games. The re:birth series is a complete (and better) remade from the PS3 originalgames. Also they have new jokes. :D

I mean... do you know... the second console war nearly started because the girls quarreled around, if you should use lemonjuice for your fried stuff.

Teehee... Hi, nee-chan!

As for your question, Zone. It is basically what nee-chan said. It is very much invested into the deeper points of Otaku culture, and panders to a far more restricted audience than many games. If you can watch something such as To Love Ru and find yourself enjoying it however, you should have no problem with this series. More than likely love it. Though, that is a slightly extreme example as TLR is much more fanservice based than HDN. Either way, I would recommend you delve a bit more into it and maybe watch a gameplay video or two before deciding.

Because it represents everything anime lovers want from game =D

(You can even pretty much date the chars in NePP =D)

Is anyone alive here anymore? :x Please fellow CPU's...Come back to meeeee.... :(

Everyone is strongly immersed in waiting for Rebirth 2 =D

• Like 1

Because it represents everything anime lovers want from game =D

(You can even pretty much date the chars in NePP =D)

Everyone is strongly immersed in waiting for Rebirth 2 =D

I just started playing Rebirth 1 a few days ago. I always feel a game or two behind in this series.

I

Didn+t know that each characther represented a console  :P  that's pretty sweet. I'm a big fan of anime so I tend to like the animation shown in these games that's why I bought Akiba's Trip Undead&Undressed even though i never played a game similiar to that, maybe except for One Piece Pirate Warriors, J-Stars or Naruto Storm but those are more mainstream anime games. :hmm: