Hyperdimension Neptunia Fanclub

Satoshi Ookami

I love how I am still listed as Nepgear in the roster, despite having changed away from her months upon months ago. :giggle:

As far as the voices go, I am rather nonchalant on the subject. I personally prefer the Japanese voices in a majority of cases, even in the games. However, I do not really mind it much at all if someone else prefers the English voices. There are some cases where I have found myself liking the English audio over the Japanese audio, but only a few.

Edited by Nepgear2
  • Like 2

I'm curious now, who is going to dub S-sha and sound like a loner humming the Final Fantasy victory tune.

On the topic of English voices, I don't dislike the english dub, because english dubbing has been bgetting better over the last few years. However, forcing me to not be able to listen to YuiKaori or Horie Yui would be quite depressing. On top of that, some things lose their reference if dubbed. For example, having nao playing 5pb-chan or more importantly in VII, having Honda Mariko sing both More Soul (Zero dimension opening) and Mosou Katharsis (Heart dimension opening) while also being the voice of Uzume/Orange Heart.

I would be also interested if they did hire someone that could sing both songs correctly, while handling Uzume's semi-split personality (not as distinct as Iris Heart's).

I like the English dubbing, it is pretty good in my opinion. The voices fit the characters pretty well. The only one I don't like is Black Heart, but that was when I first started playing and now her voice has grown on me and I fine with her voice now.

And you would be even more fine if you listened to Asami Imai :P

• Like 1

I like the English dubbing, it is pretty good in my opinion. The voices fit the characters pretty well. The only one I don't like is Black Heart, but that was when I first started playing and now her voice has grown on me and I fine with her voice now.

Oddly enough for me I love Noire/Black Heart's voice actress Erin Fitzgerald the most but most recently I love Compa's voice actress Cristina Vee all lot more, I don't why but I feel that from Re;birth 1 and onward she has become more invested as Compa, my favorite scene to date is when Compa gets super pissed of at Warechu in Hyperdimension U, her voice changes tones from the normal adorable Compa to scary threatening Compa.

Oh, NepU, the probably crappiest localized game up to now? =D

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU > DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE xD

Someone is just angry that there are people out there in the world who perfer english over japanese, but in all seriousness be happy it's not like Date A Live, I don't like Tohka Yatogami english voice at all. Hyperdimension Neptunia is the only thing I hear dubbed, that and Dragon Ball Z, I hate Goku Japanese voice.

Edited by TheVader66

Someone is just angry that there are people out there in the world who perfer english over japanese,

I'm not angry, I'm just stating that NepU had the worse localization (Iffy-wise, NISA translations are incomparable) so far =)

And since many things were lost in translation, it doesn't make sense to like English dubbing which uses that script :P

• Like 1

And you would be even more fine if you listened to Asami Imai :P

Well I do turn on the japanese voices mainly when I am level grind because by then I am tried of hearing them repeating the same lines over and over and over again.

Oddly enough for me I love Noire/Black Heart's voice actress Erin Fitzgerald the most but most recently I love Compa's voice actress Cristina Vee all lot more, I don't why but I feel that from Re;birth 1 and onward she has become more invested as Compa, my favorite scene to date is when Compa gets super pissed of at Warechu in Hyperdimension U, her voice changes tones from the normal adorable Compa to scary threatening Compa.

I fine with Noire voice. It's just when I first started playing, I don't care for Black Heart voice but now I quite like her voice now. I love it when Compa goes into scary mode, she just so cute, funny and scary all at the same time, when she does that.

Well I do turn on the japanese voices mainly when I am level grind because by then I am tried of hearing them repeating the same lines over and over and over again.

I fine with Noire voice. It's just when I first started playing, I don't care for Black Heart voice but now I quite like her voice now. I love it when Compa goes into scary mode, she just so cute, funny and scary all at the same time, when she does that.

I love Compa so much when she is scary mode, she is so adorable.

I like Erin and Cristina voices too... don't forget Michelle Ruff, she gave it the perfect heroic aura to Nisa's lines, I like Christine Cabanos voice too

• Like 1

I'm not angry, I'm just stating that NepU had the worse localization (Iffy-wise, NISA translations are incomparable) so far =)

And since many things were lost in translation, it doesn't make sense to like English dubbing which uses that script :P

Reason I never got Neptunia U. Gameplay wise it looks fun but I rather import it then getting the English version. But right now my backlog and pre-orders will keep me busy for a while so no need :P

I like Erin and Cristina voices too... don't forget Michelle Ruff, she gave it the perfect heroic aura to Nisa's lines, I like Christine Cabanos voice too

Ohhh how I miss NISA, I can still remember her theme song but at least it was thanks to both Hyperdimension and Playstation Home that I got into Disgaea, Also yea, Christine Cabanos is also pretty good.

• Like 1

I love Christine Cabanos as Nepgear.

Reason I never got Neptunia U. Gameplay wise it looks fun but I rather import it then getting the English version. But right now my backlog and pre-orders will keep me busy for a while so no need :P

You should get Neptunia U when you can, it very fun game. It is not my favorite game but that don't mean that it is a bad game. I put it between Rebirth 3 and PP (which would make it number 5) on my list of my favorite Neptunia games.

Will it looks like that I maybe one of the few people that have not bask in the warming glow that it is Nisa.

Edited by WulfPack3
  • Like 1

The last two pages feel somehow pretty cold... brrrr

So much weird eng_dub stuff.
I see that topic splitting into two topics, because there will be a war of voices, somewhen in the future.
That reminds me on SouthPark, the only show ever that sounds in german better than in english, and this episode where Cartman freezes himself to get a Wii (U...?) faster, but got too far in the future and there are three different factions of atheists who are hating each other. xD
Fickt euch Leute! Ich geh nach Hause... ò_ó
Edited by Neputyunu

I see that topic splitting into two topics, because there will be a war of voices, somewhen in the future.
That reminds me on SouthPark, the only show ever that sounds in german better than in english, and this episode where Cartman freezes himself to get a Wii (U...?) faster, but got too far in the future and there are three different factions of atheists who are hating each other. xD
Fickt euch Leute! Ich geh nach Hause... ò_ó

Just for the record, I brought the topic here but I've never started a war about which dub is the best, although I like the English dub, I respect if you like the Japanese one.

and it wasn't my intention start a war about the topic... but if you allow me to say it, I don't think there was a war even

Edited by cadaver_no_life

Don't worry about the topic splitting because if I had to guess most likely we will be talking about something different by next week.