Trophies not unlocking.

newsh0r

Too bad the trophies are bugged for this game.

I killed mom's heart 10 times, but trophies for 8,9 and 10 kills didn't pop.

"Something cute" didn't unlock either.

"Boss rush" glitched too, but then unlocked later at a random point in game.

Don't feel like continuing playing it until it gets fixed.

1.02 does fix one of the trophy related issue, dead boy i think, but this patch is only available on PC at the moment, PS4 is still on 1.01

And yeah, there's a bunch of issue with the trophies not unlocking in that game, i got the archievement for 8 mom's heart kill in game but no trophy awarded, no clue if it'll be patched in any way as for the game you were rewarded this archievement already, probably have to redo it on a spare save.

Would be wise to back up the save on the cloud once in a while to protect yourself against those glitched trophies, helped me out for "The Chest" trophy who didn't unlock when it should have, reloading the save and redoing it worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing before they released the patch and because of that I didn't get the trophy for beating Mom for the 3rd time.

My question is: can I still get everything else even without getting this trophy or if I lost the opportunity to get the trophy I also missed any in game secret?

Something sticky
Beat the Depths 20 times

I think this trophy isn't working for me, because I have killed Mom 20 times so I think that means I have also beat the depths 20 times. Am I right? Or maybe I'm just stupid. Like always.

Anyhow, the game is freaking awesome. Probably my favorite game this year.

The trophies that are completely unobtainable are Dead Boy, Platinum God & Real Platinum God, they all come down to the Dead Boy "secret" not unlocking ingame. All the other trophies are obtainable, I have the other 55 trophies and 2 of them did glitch I guess and didn't unlock but I found out why. If you have another file that is doing a challenge or a seeded run with the trophies disabled icon up then guess what, that icon represents every file, so say file 3 is doing a challenge, files 1 & 2 will no longer be able to earn trophies at all until that challenge run has ended. Now this creates an even bigger problem as the game will stop tracking your trophy progress, however the normal files work properly, as in the game still unlocks stuff. Now here's the problem, which is what happened to me, say you completed the game as a new character, the trophy won't unlock but the game does unlock the related items and adds your progress to the tracker. This means that the trophy that didn't unlock is now unobtainable since the ingame tracker says you've already achieved it. You either have to start a new file and progress to the point of the bugged trophy or restore a previous save file, personally I used an older save, ended the challenge run on file 2 and got my Cain and Samson trophies, before putting my original save back on (Like I said, the unlocks ingame unlock fine, only the trophies bug out thanks to the challenges) So check all your files for the icon, end them runs and go on from there, unfortunately if you've already missed out on (Specifically Isaac/Satan) trophies then they are unattainable and you'll need to use a new file or an older save file.

Just done the Chest without taking any damage and still no Dead Boy achievment, even with the patch.

This sucks, really.

Did you get the ingame "secret" though? Because that didn't used to work and that was the thing that was fixed since v1.02 on PC. It may be that they didn't even put work into the trophy side of this game at all.

Edited by ConcealedFirearm

That's because they are gonna patch it in early 2015. That patch is already out for the NA version and there are some platinums already :-)

Anyway Godhead's in-game achievement will automatically unlock, but you will have to repeat dead boy's requirements for it to unlock both secret and trophy.

Also, it seems that now seeded runs will get you secrets and trophies. That means...Platinum for everyone :-O

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing this game for awhile now and havent gotten a single trophy yet. I know unlocking cain gets you a trophy. I have him yet i have no trophy. The message popped up that i did it in game but no actual trophy.... Do i have to go find the download? I dont think my game ever updated. If it did i never saw it do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since the patch, I've had far few issues with trophies.

The fix I have found to work if I do have problems:

1. Restart the PS4.

2. Before starting Isaac visit the PSN store to ensure you are connected to the Internet.

3. Boot up the game, then as soon as you open the save file the trophies should unlock.

This has worked for me every single in time. Sometimes I've had upto 3 trophies unlock at the same time, so they will stack.

Hope this helps.