Single player trophies glitched?

ThommieKarlsson

I can confirm play offline and you get the trophies. i just tested it out. i stayed online talking With friend on PSN chat cuz little bit boring to do the collectables lol. I Quick save right before turning the quest in. No Trophy.. Then i turn off the game and go to settings. Then Network. Connect to internet off. Then i loaded the game agein. started from where i quick save. turned it in TROPHY!!!. This Works for every trophy. If you played online the entire time and dont have saves right before. You will have to start agein Im sorry :( . but this is the reason it's gliched do not do the Trophies Online / Story Mode

• Like 1

I finished single player 100% last weekend and got no trophy for it. 

I've done everything necessary for it and this is the first trophy to glitch on me. Any ideas?

Would deleting the game data and reinstalling work? 

That trophy would be my worst nightmare if it glitched. Wish you luck getting it to unlock.

This game is very glitched, the trophy "Close Shave" (knife flights/under the bridge) were one of them for me.
When  I followed PowerPyx guide ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EitUby6EC4#t=759 ), at the end I had 49 out of 50 under the bridge challenges!
But then I unlinked "Playstation Network" from Rockstargames webpage, and went through bridge 39 again (that one didnt register for me, maybe it's another one for you guys). After that the trophy popped.

If u cant get the trophy just try to unlink playstation network from rockstargames webpage (if u're registered there), and go under the bridges once more. Happy trophyhunting :) 

Edited by sssande93
  • Like 1

I was able to solve the issue by going into my game data and deleting the GTA V Profile. Upon entering into the game, the usual 'set up the brightness' prompt appeared and after going underneath the bridges again and collecting the last spaceship part and returning them to Omega, it popped.

Very odd bug, also very annoying. >:(

I have problems with this game too:

When I bought Downtown Cab Co, they don't send me any job to do, and I bought it several days ago... And when I got the five cars in the Kifflom missions, they didn't answer me to continue doing tasks for them; so I can't get the trophies (apart from those that don't pop correctly like many of you said before).

Rockstar, what have you done! :(

When I bought Downtown Cab Co, they don't send me any job to do, and I bought it several days ago... And when I got the five cars in the Kifflom missions, they didn't answer me to continue doing tasks for them; so I can't get the trophies (apart from those that don't pop correctly like many of you said before).

Yeah, they've messed it up.

The only way I've got trophies to pop is being signed out on PSN.

Ok, I found a way to fix the problem with the Epsilon Program issue I mentioned.

What I did was first donate 10.000$ (just for trying) on the website, then I went to sleep with Michael. After all of that, I connected to GTA Online and played a couple of races alone and when I came back to play with Michael... Ta-Daaaah! The Kifflom mission was on the map!  :D  :D  :D

If I find a solution for the Downtown Cab Co. trophy, I'll let you now!

EDIT: After doing the Kifflom mission, when I changed to Franklin, the guy from the cab company called, so I got the trophy and the problems are gone hahaha

So basically, the solution is: connect to GTA Online and do a couple of missions there and then get back to the Story Mode  :)

Edited by Pickmot

I know how to fix the cab problem. Go into the game options and look for a setting called "message frequency" and turn it all the way up. I don't remember if that is the exact name but it is something like that. Make sure you confirm your changes. Stand in town somewhere and they should call pretty quickly. If you have other business owned by that same character, they might call instead. Just finish what they ask and then wait for another call. If anyone knows how to fix Waste Management, after you have already collected all the barrels, let me know. It glitched on me.

Edited by skateak

I've waited a few months, is it safe to jump back in and go for the plat yet or what?

That's what I was hoping, but nope. Still glitched as hell.

I know how to fix the cab problem. Go into the game options and look for a setting called "message frequency" and turn it all the way up. I don't remember if that is the exact name but it is something like that. Make sure you confirm your changes. Stand in town somewhere and they should call pretty quickly. If you have other business owned by that same character, they might call instead. Just finish what they ask and then wait for another call.

This won't help if your savegame is glitched. With a glitched savegame, you won't get called at all so it doesn't help to change the frequency. I'm stuck at 98,5% with three Paparazzo missions missing but the second one won't appear. I don't get called by any property either.

It seems my savegame is totally fucked up. When i switch from GTA Online to GTA 5 via the Quick Menu i'll always spawn as Michael. Many "fixes" for my bug suggest to go only and return to Franklin, that is not even possible for me...

Oh and every ingame Email gets deleted every time i load my game. R* is in knowledge of this bug since the first weeks of the PS3 version. Worst....Support...Ever....

Edited by bioxz

This won't help if your savegame is glitched. With a glitched savegame, you won't get called at all so it doesn't help to change the frequency. I'm stuck at 98,5% with three Paparazzo missions missing but the second one won't appear. I don't get called by any property either.

It seems my savegame is totally fucked up. When i switch from GTA Online to GTA 5 via the Quick Menu i'll always spawn as Michael. Many "fixes" for my bug suggest to go only and return to Franklin, that is not even possible for me...

Oh and every ingame Email gets deleted every time i load my game. R* is in knowledge of this bug since the first weeks of the PS3 version. Worst....Support...Ever....

Sucks to hear that happened to you. Doesn't seem like R* are too interested in fixing it.

Well, seems like my problem fixed itself. After playing online only for two or three days i returned to singleplayer and instantaneously got a message. After switching to Frankling the missing Paparazzo mission was available too. Seems like it's the best idea to go for 100% first and do the online part after that. In case something got stuck in your single player savegame it maybe gets better after playing online some time.

Very glitchy so i started New game and stayed offline the entire time. But boring since you cant use PS4 Chat to chat With friends. but better than starting all over. Hoping for trophies to pop when they should. No problem offline. Being online may cause it to  Glitch i Guess :rolleyes::unsure:

^^Thanks Tomy. 

Do exactly as this man says. Play the entire story mode offline from a fresh start. The only trophies you need to be connected for are Lester's assassination missions. The stock market trophies pop with no issue being connected. I did my own experiments with allot of the problematic miscellaneous trophies. I quick saved before the start of certain missions to cover my bases. Playing while connected they didn't pop, while playing offline they popped instantly with no delay. I finished the game yesterday, I wouldn't count on R* fixing it anytime soon. Usually when they try and fix something another thing in the game collapses. The one thing that has me truly pissed off is the safe house garage bug, since I'm a unique vehicle collector and have been since the days of GTA III. On top of that my CE content is not free for both story mode, and online as it was advertised for next gen transfers. Another bug that'll probably take 5 months to fix, if they fix it at all. 

• Like 1

So I should play the whole game offline and in the end do the mp part? Timestamps won't get messed up if I play offline right?

Timestamps will be fine as long as you have connected your system to PSN before.

• Like 1

My time stamps are fine. As long as your PS4 has been connected to the internet and signed in with your account, the internal clock will log the time stamps. Once you log in just sync your trophies, and you'll see your time stamps will have registered. The only known way and reason for the missing time stamps on any game, is when you play a game and earn trophies without having a PSN account and the machine itself was never connected to the internet. The only trophies you need to be logged in for are Lester's assassination missions specifically the BAWSAQ ones. The LCN is not controlled by an internet connection. Other than that it should be smooth sailing for you from a fresh start. 

EDIT: As far as the MP trophies good luck, I've heard of them being buggy as well. Mine auto popped when I transferred over from the PS3. Few people I know are having problems with the backseat driver trophy for rally races. The 30 platinum awards has a mind of it's own as well. 

Edited by CaptSteve81

You're welcome, just make sure your internet is disabled in your network settings on you PS4, and you should be fine for story mode. Just remember to connect when the time comes for Lester. Rockstar also nerfed the return percentages on those specific missions. With the assassination missions i made around 490 million per character. After that I picked up the hitchhiker who gives you the Tinkle stock, and I totaled roughly 810 million per character on the PS4. On the PS3 I was making 1.4 -1.5 billion on average with numerous play through's.  

I didn't get anything on the ps3 because I don't understand how stock works and since I started it on day 1 I missed the opportunity to get all that money  :lol:

I'm only gonna play GTA in a month or 2 anyway so maybe by then all is fixed, after all the heists should be coming soon and maybe they'll patch it at the same time