Naughty Dog and Level 5 teases games!

MarsipanRumpan

Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann teased something for The Game Awards. He tweeted '

'Saw a sneak peek of something that's happening at @thegameawards that has me very excited. Can't wait. See you on Friday, Vegas.''

Uncharted Teaser? Uncharted PS4 collection? Jak 4? Jak collection with Jak X? Crash collection?

Or what if they've bought back the Crash ip haha! :D

And the amazing studio level 5 has teased a new game for E3 2015 during an Sony live stream.

I beg to god for an Ni No Kuni 2, how dope wouldn't that be. And yes I haven't finished Ni No Kuni 1 yet lol, but I will because I love the game.

Side Note: David Jaffe's new game is my new hype game. New Twisted Metal?? It's not an horror game as rumored, so it's not impossible! Plus they have alot of Twisted Metal developers in their team!

I think Naughty Dog is going to show an new maybe Gameplay trailer for Uncharted 4, and that they will announce Uncharted Collection. They will at some point, im sure of it.

Im on both sides for Jak 4. I want it. And I don't want it.

Jak 4 would be pretty darn sweet to have, but from the 'selling' perspective of this game, is it what the people want? I don't think so. Sure people have been begging for this game and it will be nostalgic, but I feel like Naughty Dog doesn't need to do this game. I would rather see another studio making the game.

Example, Ready at Dawn, God of War Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta

Sumo Digital, Little Big Planet 3

I mean it would totally work. But don't destroy the franschise in that case.

I would totally pre order and buy the shit out of Jak. Is it needed? No absolutely not. Should Naughty Dog make it? No, in that case a smaller team, I rather see them doing Uncharted 4, new IPs, and Last of Us stuff. But thats just my opinion.

And no shit towards Jak & Daxter, because I love J&D, brilliant, uniqe, and fun games so I would definetly buy Jak4! :)

I think Naughty Dog is going to show an new maybe Gameplay trailer for Uncharted 4, and that they will announce Uncharted Collection. They will at some point, im sure of it.

Im on both sides for Jak 4. I want it. And I don't want it.

Jak 4 would be pretty darn sweet to have, but from the 'selling' perspective of this game, is it what the people want? I don't think so. Sure people have been begging for this game and it will be nostalgic, but I feel like Naughty Dog doesn't need to do this game. I would rather see another studio making the game.

Example, Ready at Dawn, God of War Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta

Sumo Digital, Little Big Planet 3

I mean it would totally work. But don't destroy the franschise in that case.

I would totally pre order and buy the shit out of Jak. Is it needed? No absolutely not. Should Naughty Dog make it? No, in that case a smaller team, I rather see them doing Uncharted 4, new IPs, and Last of Us stuff. But thats just my opinion.

And no shit towards Jak & Daxter, because I love J&D, brilliant, uniqe, and fun games so I would definetly buy Jak4! :)

Actually Jak 4/5 is needed, is largely demanded by people (which ND and Jason Rubin/Andy Gavin knows and admitted on video), and needs to be made by ND.

It's needed, because the 3rd game wasn't and didn't act as a final/true conclusion to the overall story/franchise, it's needed because it left us on a few cliffhangers, it's needed because the game potentially shown off how a sequel (especially on now gen) has so much ridiculous potential, all with character development, game play, story, plus more, it's needed because the 3rd game made by ND literally & directly teased us at how their was more adventures to come in the future, aka sequel, for the characters, and its definitely "needed" because of The Lost Frontier's existence & overall left impressions of the entire series, which was left "unimaginably" weak & poor and corrupted the great (expanding potential) game series that Jak's games are. Not to mention ND had a slight hand in that game before HIG got their hands on it, and ND admitted to they could have done better on those efforts. You don't let another dev ruin, embarrass, make the most recent installment that is the worst in the entire series continue to represent a great series, and make look bad an IP to a series you (ND) still are in possession of. Oh, and because Jak never received a next gen game, meaning he missed out on an entirely new generation after his, again.. the same gen he was suppose to return in.

ND needs to make it not only for the reasons I stated above, but also because we were suppose to have at least one more game from them after Jak X and Uncharted 1.. and then again after Uncharted 3. They stated Uncharted got the best of them, so the result of it corrupted their plan to establish the planned-Jak sequel after Uncharted 1 & post-Uncharted 1, because  they had been separated from Jak too long. ND "undoubtedly" owe Jak fans one more, at the "very least". It has to be them. After that then another dev can respectfully make another installment- this can't happen till ND makes one more game (but it'd still be mostly preferred if ND continue to make the games). It'd be wrong otherwise, no matter how good a secondary dev makes the game, especially since the recent game in the series was ALREADY made by different Devs!

And I didn't even mention how special the Jak IP is to ND. In addition to how special it is for "multiple" reasons, ND will never give away the IP (because of what the IP means, stands for, accomplished in general & for ND, etc, etc) away, so it'd be best to keep an IP you'll never work on again? That's very funny, and makes no sense.

The "undeniable" truth is Uc4 is evidently not needed. I really don't want to get into this, but I dont understand the bias and ignorance. People familiar with both franchises can be perfectly fine with an UC4, but not Jak 5 (yes Jak 5 not Jak 4)? After the way Uc3 ended, why are we receiving another installment??? You talk about milking a series or "not needing a sequel".. that heavily as hell applies to Uc4........... and actually not Jak 5. It's common sense.. for anyone not vaguely familiar with both series. People are either biased or blind to accept and be fine with Uc4 over a series that needs another installment. Uc4 is being made solely out of demand and business. Story wise, character development, etc, its not needed at all, especially since the game has no connecting/continuing storyline. While UC3 was the weaker game compared to its prequel, it had a very pleasing and true-fair ending, especially from the game's relevant & giant opening and the first game's introduction. Uc3 wrapped up/fixed Elena's and Drake's relationship, Sir Franchis' connection with Nate was confirmed/established, Nate's past was shown and explained to us- how everything started, which includes where the hell Sully came from- SF's ring (the important artifact needed to get through parts in the game for both Nate & the players and acted as one of the few connected pieces the series had in terms of story) *spoiler................................................. was lost*, the ending was a happy one, Nate was at his best and his adventure was his most dangerous, ETC, yet we still get an (unnecessary) sequel.

Because the game series is beloved so (too) much is why no one points out how it doesn't need a sequel. The series is "so damn good" that a sequel is wanted by so many, which is irrational. Jak 5 is ND's most needed IP sequel installment, smh.

I love all of ND's games, but im not biased. Given the info I know and what has been shared in the more obvious public, Jak deserves a sequel more than TLOU and Uncharted 3. It's super common sense, and for anyone to doubt/underestimate Jak's potential now gen evolution is foolish. Jak has the potential to surpass Ratchet's games (especially the last few ones made lol), surpass last gen well received platformers like Enslaved & Heavenly Sword..... you still doubting Jak's next game after just considering that? Remember.. Jak's games are open-world sandbox games like Infamous, not linear adventure games like Uncharted & Tlou, so looking at what Enslaved, Heavenly Sword, and Infamous can do from DIFFERENT & weaker devs, imagine wtf Jak's next game can pull off -_-.

Edited by BlueDiamond93
  • Like 1

Actually Jak 4/5 is needed, is largely demanded by people (which ND and Jason Rubin/Andy Gavin knows and admitted on video), and needs to be made by ND.

It's needed, because the 3rd game wasn't and didn't act as a final/true conclusion to the overall story/franchise, it's needed because it left us on a few cliffhangers, it's needed because the game potentially shown off how a sequel has so much ridiculous potential, all with character development, game play, story, plus more, it's needed because the last game made by ND literally & directly teased us at how their was more adventures in the future, aka sequel, for the characters, and its defintely "needed" because of The Lost Frontier's existence & overall finishing to the series, which was left "unimaginably" weak & poor to a great & great-potential-based game series. Not to mention ND had a slight hand in that game before HIG got their hands on it, and ND admitted to they could have done better. Oh, and because Jak never received a next gen game, meaning he missed out on an entirely new generation after his, again.. the same gen he was suppose to return in.

ND needs to make it not only for the reasons I stated above, but also because we were suppose to have at least one more game from them after Jak X and Uncharted 1.. and then again after Uncharted 3. They stated Uncharted got the best of them, so the result of it corrupted their plan to establish the planned-Jak sequel after Uncharted 1 & post-Uncharted 1. ND "undoubtely" owe Jak fans one more at the "very least". It has to be them. After that then another dev can respectfully make another installment- this can't happen till ND makes one more game. It'd be wrong otherwise, no matter how good a secondary dev makes the game, especially since the recent game in the series was ALREADY made by different Devs!

And I didn't even mention how special the Jak IP is to ND. In addition to how special it is for "multiple" reasons, ND will never give away the IP (because of what the IP means, stands for, accomplished in general & for ND, etc, etc) away,... so it'd be best to keep an IP you'll never work on again? Thats very funny, and makes no sense.

The "undeniable" truth is Uc4 is evidently not needed. I really dont want to get into this, but I dont understand the bias and ignorance. People familiar with both franchises can be perfectly fine with an UC4, but not Jak 5 (yes Jak 5 not Jak 4)? After the way Uc3 ended, why are we receiving another installment??? You talk about milking a series or "not needing a sequel".. that heavily as hell applies to Uc4........... and actually not Jak 5. It's common sense.. for anyone not vaguely familiar with both series. People are either biased or blind to accept and be fine with Uc4 over a series that needs another installment. Uc4 is being made solely out of demand and business. Story wise, character development, etc, its not needed at all, especially since the game has no connecting/continuing storyline. While UC3 was the weaker game compared to its prequel, it had a very satisable and true-fair ending, especially from the game's relevant and giant opening and first game's introduction. Uc3 wrapped up/fixed Elena's and Drake's relationship, Sir Franchis' connection with Nate was confirmed/established, Nate's past was shown and explained to us- how everything started, which includes where the hell Sully came from- SF's ring (the important artifact needed to get through parts in the game for both Nate & the players and acted as one of the few connected pieces the series had in terms of story) *spoiler................................................. was lost*, the ending was a happy one, Nate was at his best and his adventure was his most dangerous, ETC, yet we still get an (unnecessary) sequel.

Because the game series is beloved so (too) much is why no one points out how it doesn't need a sequel. The series is "so damn good" that a sequel is wanted by so many, which is irrational. Jak 5 is ND's most needed IP sequel installment, smh.

I love all of ND's games, but im not biased. Given the info I know and what has been shared in the more obvious public, Jak deserves a sequel more than TLOU and Uncharted 3. It's super common sense, and for anyone to doubt/underestimate Jak's potential now gen evolution is foolish. Jak has the potential to surpass Ratchet's games (specially the last few ones made lol), surpass last gen well received platformers like Enslaved & Heavenly Sword..... you still doubting Jak's next game after just considering that? Remember.. Jak's games are open-world sandbox games like Infamous, not linear adventure games like Uncharted & Tlou, so looking at what Enslaved, Heavenly Sword, and Infamous can do from DIFFERENT & weaker devs, imagine wtf Jak's next game can pull off -_-.

Wow. You sir made me change my opinion. Thank you for writing that haha.

I know an Uncharted 4 isn't needed, look at my trophy list and look at how many uncharted I've played! (1 if you're lazy, and it's Goldem Abyss) so yeah. It kind of seems like I want Uncharted 4. I kind of do.. Im getting the feeling that it will make me want to play the seriwa for once! I can't play it, I just can't. So I hope U4 changes that for me.

And that fans want Jak4 (or 5 if you count the psp one) I want an new Spyro, or even an new God of War. And we have 6 God of War already. And I never said that they milked J&D. I just dont feel the need for an new Jak. But I don't think you feel the need for a new God of War.

And I didn't know fans demanded it that much. I saw an interview with someone (don't remember who) from ND, he said 'We would love to visit the J&D ip once again. But do we need to do this, is this what most of the people want?' Or something like that. I will try to find the source..it can also be my dumb brain that confused this interview with an entierly other game and even studio

. It was about 6 months since I red it so yeah! :P

But sir, you got my respect for convincing me!

And as I stated, I would totally pre order the shit out of Jak 4 (or 5) no doubt! So we will see what happens! :D

Wow. You sir made me change my opinion. Thank you for writing that haha.

I know an Uncharted 4 isn't needed, look at my trophy list and look at how many uncharted I've played! (1 if you're lazy, and it's Goldem Abyss) so yeah. It kind of seems like I want Uncharted 4. I kind of do.. Im getting the feeling that it will make me want to play the seriwa for once! I can't play it, I just can't. So I hope U4 changes that for me.

And that fans want Jak4 (or 5 if you count the psp one) I want an new Spyro, or even an new God of War. And we have 6 God of War already. And I never said that they milked J&D. I just dont feel the need for an new Jak. But I don't think you feel the need for a new God of War.

And I didn't know fans demanded it that much. I saw an interview with someone (don't remember who) from ND, he said 'We would love to visit the J&D ip once again. But do we need to do this, is this what most of the people want?' Or something like that. I will try to find the source..it can also be my dumb brain that confused this interview with an entierly other game and even studio

. It was about 6 months since I red it so yeah! :P

But sir, you got my respect for convincing me!

And as I stated, I would totally pre order the shit out of Jak 4 (or 5) no doubt! So we will see what happens! :D

Thanks.. my points are very crucial and important. All of that was typed from mobile to, so that would explain some grammar mistakes, my passion for both series, and how serious I am.

Yeah like I said, i'm a fan of all of ND's games (Jak, Uncharted, and TLOU), and platinumed all of their games, as well as spent a great deal of time on all their games (have a crazy amount of hours on UC3 MP, and have been playing the game since it came out yrs ago), so i'm very knowledgeable on the stories and aspects of the games. (Even played their IPs of other installments that was made by other devs- Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Daxter, and Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier.. just to get my point across.. lol.) In-fact, just to throw it out there, I appreciate UC3 more so than the common others. Sure it wasn't as amazing as UC2, but it was still a worthy of being made & played sequel, just like Dead Space 3Anyways, I've looked at both Jak 3 and Uncharted 3 deeply and considered other information I know on other related matters, and as I said, UC4 is not necessary and is not more worthy over a Jak IV.

Not for anyone to be confused, I look forward to UC4 (mostly because Uncharted is a good game series), but that doesn't.. I don't let it cloud my judgment on knowing it's not necessary. 

GOW & Jak honestly can't be compared though, because Jak hasn't reached the status/situation that the GOW series have... and even Ratchet & Clank, Spyro the Dragon (even with how much I love the Spyro franchise), and some other series. Jak still has a lingering-un-concluded story tied to character, which is also tied to the previous storylines (just to make it known how heavily story based and connected the Jak and Daxter storyline actually is) of the game, that is also part of the story line in the series, and not just something personal to a character. Not only that, but Jak's.. and definitely Daxter's character are still "immature", meaning they still have too much ridiculous potential (growth) to be left alone in Jak 3 or/and J&D: TLF (High Impact Games games took the wrong potential road with Daxter though). In addition there are other story-lines ND can easily make with the sequel, whether to tie into Jak's un-concluded story or to become something after the other story is cleared up. At the core, Jak's story as a whole feels unfinished & insufficient, period Jak 3 makes this perfectly obvious). I can't possibly believe how people can say to leave Jak alone, when there's potential for further things and still some things that needs to be established. 

He didn't become an Eco Sage, it's not directly confirmed whether he was The Mar or his descendant (the unfinished story), he never reclaimed his throne of the true ruler of Haven City after Praxis death, Sig already took Jak's Father's role in Spargus (King of Spargus) after his death, the Dark Maker's race/faction is still out there causing trouble (secondary unfinished storyline) not to mention Jak never met the leader of the faction or had any form of communication with him, Daxter, a Precursor, has nothing to show of being a Precursor, besides being the specie of one, and he doesn't do justice to the role a Precursor does and doesn't promote being one the right way, etc, etc, so much etc.

The potential is seriously un-imaginable, especially if it was to be made by ND, even if they don't have all of the talented people who worked on the past Jak games (they seriously lost multiple great people, including the founders of ND, the character animator, story teller, etc, which is another half of the reason why a Jak sequel is so hard to develop for Modern-ND). But with Uncharted, what more can they do? Make up "new" adventures, again? It was cool with how they did it in UC2, but c'mon, Uncharted 3 should have been the end. It essentially wrapped up Nathan's & Drake's, both the main characters of the franchise, legacy (sure they can keep making stuff up with Drake, but that'd obviously be killing the series).. but now he (Nate) gets to go on this whole "new" (bigger) adventure in UC4 as if it was a new IP. ND is going to try their best to make UC4 have relevance to the storyline in someway, but the Uncharted games were never true story based sequels, they just have connections, so yeah.

In the interview, the part about "do we need this" applied to the new additions and changes to the scrapped game, it wasn't a "do we need another Jak installment thing".

Sorry for so much text. Even I don't end up thinking I'd type this much. As I write, things just add up and come into my mind.

You've only played U:GA huh? Then you wouldn't be able to fully understand my perspective, but that's ok. I do want you to experience the series sooner though, so you can get a better understanding of my perspective. I recommend picking up all the main games, as their all below $15 each, if ND isn't releasing the trilogy on PS4, assuming you have a PS4.

Edited by BlueDiamond93
  • Like 1