DA:Inquisition bugs

After putting 75 hours into this game so far, I thought I would post some of the bugs I'm experiencing while playing this game:

- On many occasions my cutscenes will hold on a person after they have finished saying something and the next dialogue line won't come

- My romance scene with Cassandra froze in a similar fashion

- On many occasions I won't be able to use my utility wheel to consume a potion or tonic

- In some cases my characters will not behave as directed in tactical camera mode

- In some cases in regular combat mode one or more of my companions will just stand still, frozen in combat stance

- The dialogue wheel from my requisitions officer out in the wilderness camps will often stay dimmed out on my screen no matter where i move in the zone. I have to rest at a camp to fix it.

- One of the quests in the Western Approach is completely stuck for me, the area I need to go is empty, but my companion makes a comment as if I have completed it.

- Every time I load into Skyhold the sound takes a while to sync up and i'm often running silently.

- After upgrading my potion capacity, if i go to the Equip potions bench and select an already maxed out potion stack, it reduces it from 12/12 to 8/12. I need to fast travel to another camp for it to be replenished again.

Anyone else experiencing any of these?

Edited by Captain_Cutscene

I have the frozen dialogue one frequently.  The dialogue does come back eventually, but it's irritating and usually takes a good 60-90 seconds where nothing is happening.  I do also get where the potion wheel won't let me consume potions - it seems to happen when the character is in the middle of an animation from another attack/command.  Finally, I find that the "defend" AI sometimes leaves the character just following me around and not attacking the monster that is damaging me.  I don't know if "defend" is meant to have a minimum distance from the defended character, and I'm ranged, so they won't go to the enemy and leave me, but it only seems to happen with my tanking characters when I set them to defend a ranged character.

Other than that, I haven't noticed the other bugs you mention.  Fortunately, none of these have seriously ruined the game for me.

I remember these in my 90+ hours of gameplay so far:

- On many occasions my cutscenes will hold on a person after they have finished saying something and the next dialogue line won't come = i had some cutscenes, where i had to use skip to get forward or maybe wait for long (didn't have patience for that), happened maybe 5-6 times.

- Every time I load into Skyhold the sound takes a while to sync up and i'm often running silently = sometimes sound sync issues in Skyhold, but not every time for me.

- On many occasions I won't be able to use my utility wheel to consume a potion or tonic = If you try to use potion middle of a combat, you have to wait for couple second after you stop attacking, before you can use potion.I changed to tactical view every time when i used potion in combat, that way u can always use potion instantly.

- In some cases in regular combat mode one or more of my companions will just stand still, frozen in combat stance = companion AI ain't brightest in DA:I, my warriors had some trouble to go aggro on enemies that are far away, but in combat, like shooting us.

Can't say much about tactical view, i mostly use it only to move characters away, activate companion focus ability or use potions. And Cassandra romance scene is unknown to me, Josephine romance worked just fine  :wub:

But there are many bugs, mostly in my experience little and maybe annoying, but luckily i haven't had any big issues. Great game however, or actually right now best game i ever played  :) 

I don;tknow if you can call this a bug.(Because It's a visual bug not a performance one.)

When you're fighting and you drinkl a health potion at the very last moment your character picture goes dead but you actually stay alive and it never comes back until you die for real. :blink::rolleyes::facepalm:

I had all the previously mentioned bugs too. Some more frequent others less. The dialogue bug was pretty annoying because you had to skip the next sentence in order to continue.

All in all the game is pretty buggy but i think thats natural for such a massive game. 

I think this is one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and i played a lot :D

What really pisses me off is the AI of your companions. In nightmare mode it was sometimes so f***in' hard to win the fight because your companions just stand in the way or don't use their abilities. Fighting a dragon was so freaking hard just because of this crappy AI.

But all in all the game is not as near as bugged like Assassins Creed Unity, thank god.

Josephine <3 very romantic :D

For a sec I thought it was my PS4 taking a dump reading the disc. I have had all the issues you've mentioned in the original post and others as well. Most recent is after liberating a keep, i was stuck in battle mode with nothing to fight. Another is sometimes I can't interact with items especially books. The research table is also bugged for me. Sometimes it will show me what I turned it and give me the XP etc... and others it doesn't.

With all that said, I have to say that this is probably one of the most amazing game experiences I've ever had/played. The sheer size of this game is amazing, it could easily rival some MMO's in size. I have enjoyed everything about it so far and I don't think I'm anywhere near the end yet at 73 hours clocked. I'm definitely taking my time with it and doing everything I can. This is a great example of what a game should be straight out of the box. Simply amazing!

I'm looking forward to some DLC!!! (hopefully)

Main issues for me have been the inability to select anything from the action wheel (for potions etc) and character switching not working. Apart from those the only other really noticable one I've experienced has been the frozen dialogue, but I found that after a minute or so it would kick back into gear and carry on.

Oh, actually I had one other where I went into the abilities page and I think I must have started to scroll through the characters too soon, because I was stuck on Cassandra, able to move through her ability trees but unable to change page to anything else or even leave the menu. Had to reboot my console to fix that one.

Whenever there's a cutscene during a boss fight such as the final quest of the game the cutscene sometimes never happens leaving the boss frozen and unable to die. This happened to me at least 3 times while trying to beat the last boss.

Example:

Then sometimes I'm unable to select potions from the menu. Always seems to happen when I'm doing something difficult. Characters voice changed half way through a cutscene, dialogue freezes whenever I talk to Stroud or Dorian. Error message and after rebooting the game I'm greeted with a message saying my save files are corrupted.

Edited by BhekifaZ

- In some cases in regular combat mode one or more of my companions will just stand still, frozen in combat stance

Wow, I spent like 80 hours so far and the only problem for me is that companions sometimes just stand still while the battle is going. DIdn't know that there were so many glitched and bugs.

Apologies for the double post but I figured it would be best to make a new one since my last one was a couple of days ago.

I just encountered a new bug (for me) ... an entire pack of about 4 wolves just completely vanished mid-combat. I killed one and the rest just instantly disappeared into nothingness. Baffling.

I've had quite a few.

-Game crashing. Happened like every 5 hours.

-Getting stuck in menus. Happened every time i immediately switched to a companions upgrade screen after initiating the menu without waiting for my dude to pop up first

-Getting stuck in cutscenes. Could usually be skipped, but had to entirely reload the save two times.

-"Dragon's Bane" glitched on me once, reloading the save fixed it though.

-"Persuasive" didn't pop.

-My character wouldn't let got of his torch once, causing his arm to akwardly float through his chest.

-Not sure if this is a glitch, but after doing everything trophy related in the game i have still yet to unlock either of the kill-count related trophies. Considering their rarity, i should really have them by now.

Edited by HappyKastanie

-Not sure if this is a glitch, but after doing everything trophy related in the game i have still yet to unlock either of the kill-count related trophies. Considering their rarity, i should really have them by now.

Hmm, when you took down rifts, did you use dispel on the forming enemies alot? Apparently that doesn't count as a kill from what people are saying. On the plus side, both kill count trophies aren't playthrough specific and the count carries across any character you play :)