TheFinalEmblem's Platinum Realm

TheFinalEmblem

It's been awhile since I last checked this out. The checklist is looking great, man. Lots of great plats too. Keep it up! :)

Since you asked people to suggest games you should check out, I'll go ahead and recommend Valkyria Chronicles and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel. A lot of people are scared off by VC because it's a strategy RPG, and that's a damn shame. Even if they aren't the typical games you'd play, the story and characters are exceptional, which is something everyone can appreciate. The gameplay is also a lot of fun once you get it down. Oh, and the art style... :wub: I know you like JRPGs, and Cold Steel is simply one of the best I've played in quite some time. You get a lot of bang for your buck too. My first playthrough took me over 100 hours, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sure you'd love it too. :)

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I last checked this out. The checklist is looking great, man. Lots of great plats too. Keep it up! :)

Since you asked people to suggest games you should check out, I'll go ahead and recommend Valkyria Chronicles and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel. A lot of people are scared off by VC because it's a strategy RPG, and that's a damn shame. Even if they aren't the typical games you'd play, the story and characters are exceptional, which is something everyone can appreciate. The gameplay is also a lot of fun once you get it down. Oh, and the art style... :wub: I know you like JRPGs, and Cold Steel is simply one of the best I've played in quite some time. You get a lot of bang for your buck too. My first playthrough took me over 100 hours, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sure you'd love it too. :)

Thanks, and I will!

There are so many games I'm forgetting right now to put on that list, and VC is one of them. I own the game on PS3, but I never finished it, and I definitely wanted the PS4 version. I loved how the game played, it was great, and I like SRPGs if they're done well, and VC was, imo. As for ToCS, I have heard of it, but I haven't given it much of a look over. I'll do some looking into it and see if it interests me enough. ToCS II just came out not too long ago, didn't it?

There are so many games I'm forgetting right now to put on that list, and VC is one of them. I own the game on PS3, but I never finished it, and I definitely wanted the PS4 version. I loved how the game played, it was great, and I like SRPGs if they're done well, and VC was, imo. As for ToCS, I have heard of it, but I haven't given it much of a look over. I'll do some looking into it and see if it interests me enough. ToCS II just came out not too long ago, didn't it?

I don't play many SRPGs, but something about VC just clicked with me. One of my favourites from last gen, that's for sure. Even better now since it got remastered on PS4 with trophies. You can't go wrong! :)

Cold Steel looks a little dated, and truth be told, I was sceptical going into it. It really grew on me though. It's just a pure JRPG, nothing fancy, but it didn't need to have any of that. It gets everything right. An interesting story, lots of great characters, fun combat, etc. And yeah, Cold Steel II came out earlier this month in North America. We Europeans have to wait until November though. :shakefist:

I don't play many SRPGs, but something about VC just clicked with me. One of my favourites from last gen, that's for sure. Even better now since it got remastered on PS4 with trophies. You can't go wrong! :)

Cold Steel looks a little dated, and truth be told, I was sceptical going into it. It really grew on me though. It's just a pure JRPG, nothing fancy, but it didn't need to have any of that. It gets everything right. An interesting story, lots of great characters, fun combat, etc. And yeah, Cold Steel II came out earlier this month in North America. We Europeans have to wait until November though. :shakefist:

Yeah, most I've ventured into SRPGs is Fire Emblem and Agarest, but VC was much different from those, and I liked it... I'm a terrible strategist though, and with perma-death, that often causes me to reset, haha.

Hmm, you make it sound more and more appealing the more you talk about it. Now that I think about it, one of my sister's friends recommended it to her, so I'll more than likely get it eventually, so I'll add it to the list. If I like it enough, I may get II down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #59- Adventures of Mana

1Lcd4e46.png

A remake of an old school game that was reminiscent of A Link to the Past, that's the perfect formula for me to love a game, and I did indeed.

What's next? I'm not sure, I have nothing else to play at the moment, and there's a hurricane, so I probably won't have power after today, haha. But probably sometime this month I'll be able to get some more games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Platinum #63- Adventure Time: the Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (PSV)

1Lef91de.png

Wasn't expecting myself to get this game, but since I just so happened to have some money left over from buying the Arcade Collection, and hearing this was only $1, I snatched it up and loved it. It was a needed break from God Eater, because, while I love that game, boy is it draining, haha. I may pick up the PS3 version sometime as well since I enjoyed it so much. Also managed the fastest achiever time, for now at least.

Hey, I noticed that you have some games platinum (like the Nsruto Storm 2 plat, and a couple of the Neptunia plats). Will you be going for the rest of the games' series (provided that you have the corresponding console)?

It honestly really depends on the series rather than the console, barring Vita since I have a PSTV, if I'll go for the rest. For Naruto, I just got the game from a guy to play since he didn't want it. I honestly wasn't going to plat it at all, but I pushed through it, and I really didn't enjoy the game at all. As for Neptunia, I only ever intended to play the main series games, so the original trilogy on PS3 and Megadimension. I have no real intention of playing the re;birth games, especially since 1 isn't PSTV compatible, and the only spinoff title I intend to get is Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombies. Another game that falls into that category is Dead Rising, since I only really cared to play the first one, and I hear 2 is a glitchy mess.

On the other side, there's games that I want to finish up in a series, but can't afford right now, such as the Atelier Dusk Trilogy, as all I need is the first game, then maybe play the other Atelier games outside of the Dusk trilogy, and the Project Diva games, as I still need to get X.

• 3 weeks later...

Platinum #65- God Eater 2: Rage Burst

1L461974.png

Another sequel done right, which many games don't usually do. Also my GOTY.

Next up... Well, I have all three Jak games from the sale, so I can play those until Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero comes out, which a release date should be coming super shortly now, and also Stardew Valley in 2 weeks. Hope I can get all this stuff done before Tales of Berseria in January. So excited!

Had to go back through my list and put in all the images again because of the update... I don't think I'm ever gonna do it again, and I'm not doing it in the general posts. Anyway, onto why I'm even posting.

Platinum #69- Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

1L036a11.png

Glad I got it on sale just for the sake of plat 69, and it was a ton of fun as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Behemoth Balls said:

Grats on #69 and a damn good one too :)

I'm jelly how fast gamers plat this game, going for the Lilly ranks were easy but good gawd.

I could not do that for 5 to 8 hours straight had to break it up into 1 to 2 hour sessions, Fan service helped a lot though :D

Thanks man, it really was a good game, definitely looking forward to playing Blanc's game that plays just like this, especially since Blanc is my favorite charcater. Yeah, it's definitely not easy to keep doing the same thing over and over again, but when you have a ton of Youtube videos to watch, it makes the grind easier, it still took a while. Eh, I'm not a fanservice guy, so I got all the clothes ripping done for events as soon as the game started so I could put on the unbreakable hard costumes.

Lots of growth I see here since I last stopped by!! Major props for all the progress you've made sir :D

I have a question: I saw you have some Atelier plats, lots of people keep telling me to try the games out but I'm just not too sure, how do you see those plats? Super grindy? Tedious or very demanding?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omar said:

Lots of growth I see here since I last stopped by!! Major props for all the progress you've made sir :D

I have a question: I saw you have some Atelier plats, lots of people keep telling me to try the games out but I'm just not too sure, how do you see those plats? Super grindy? Tedious or very demanding?

Thanks, this past year has been pretty awesome, and I did a lot more than I thought I would.

The Atelier games are fun, but only if you don't mind having a time limit, in one form or another; that's the one thing that seems to keep people away, and I can understand why. You definitely need to stay on your toes in those games because they do have plenty of things that are time sensitive and missable and will cause you to have to do another run just because of it. So I'd say they're kind of tedious, Escha and Logy more so than Shallie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Thanks, this past year has been pretty awesome, and I did a lot more than I thought I would.

The Atelier games are fun, but only if you don't mind having a time limit, in one form or another; that's the one thing that seems to keep people away, and I can understand why. You definitely need to stay on your toes in those games because they do have plenty of things that are time sensitive and missable and will cause you to have to do another run just because of it. So I'd say they're kind of tedious, Escha and Logy more so than Shallie.

That sounds stressful lmao I will look some more stuff up before making a decision, I see the games on sales quite often so I will have many chances to jump in if I choose to do so, thanks for the info :D