Amiibos

Carville87

I think is something Great but I dislike the you can use an amiibo in P2 Classic or in stadium as well, and I have 4 amiibos are

-Mario,Kirby,Link,Luigi,Rosalina & Luma.

The only want Pit ,Pacman Robin but I can't find pit in anywhere :( and Pac-Man & Robin are coming this spring I hope I can Get those amiibos.

I'm getting Shulk and King Dedede from japan because I can't find them anywhere locally.

Certainly is tough trying to get anything in NA. Though Dedede has only been out a week.

As for Shulk, we won't be seeing much of him until the first of May. After that, it's just dependant on whenever they spread distribution of the timed retail exclusive figures (Rosalina, Lucario, Shulk and Meta Knight).

Do find it funny how the Japanese figures actually respond in Japanese. 

But it could have been much worse. xD

Plus this pose makes it easier to paint, if you're into the whole custom thing.

Speaking of which:

http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2015/02/18/amiibo-custom-artist-evilos-to-have-his-customs-sold-on-toys-r-us-website/

I've heard (and seen) the rumors of a metal mario being displayed on someone's twitter, so I really do hope that retailers (like EB Games where I live) can be able to receive a shipment of them so that I can buy one.

Also, I have seen other people being able to customize their amiibos with different stuff, such as one person customizing their Pikachu with a black trench coat and a couple of other small things like sais. Where do people get this stuff from?

I've heard (and seen) the rumors of a metal mario being displayed on someone's twitter, so I really do hope that retailers (like EB Games where I live) can be able to receive a shipment of them so that I can buy one.

Also, I have seen other people being able to customize their amiibos with different stuff, such as one person customizing their Pikachu with a black trench coat and a couple of other small things like sais. Where do people get this stuff from?

A Golden variant of the Super Mario Bros series Mario (also to be the one packaged outside of Japan with Mario Party 10) was confirmed to be a Walmart exclusive.

There's also a Silver variant, but we haven't been given any info on that yet.

A Golden variant of the Super Mario Bros series Mario (also to be the one packaged outside of Japan with Mario Party 10) was confirmed to be a Walmart exclusive.

There's also a Silver variant, but we haven't been given any info on that yet.

Right, but I am talking about people that actually get items for their amiibos. One example is this:

il_340x270.707338980_9sgi.jpg

I was very happy to see that my local best buy had two Sonics (only bought one. I'm not an ass!) and one Megaman left. I almost missed Megaman because he wasn't hanging from the rack. Someone apparently picked him up, then put him on the bottom of the shelf as if they changed their mind. Thank you whoever did that  :D

I'm kind of disappointed with amiibos. Sure, they look cool, but I was expecting them to be integretated more into the games. Instead, every game that I have with amiibo support has very limited features. Why can't they be like Skylanders where you can actually play as the characters? I hope Nintendo puts more effort into them in the future.

• Like 1

My Pikachu Amiibo arrived today, having never seen one in person before now they're bigger than I expected. Pretty cool though. Package is rather dinged so for collection purposes I'll have to get another one which works since I was probably going to open this one anyways.

Pikachu is common anyway, so you could easily get another one at the store. Yeah i wouldn't hesitate opening that one. 

• Like 1

Here's an article for you my Amiibo Hunters:

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-ness-amiibo-leaked-selling-on-chinese-auction-site-288395.phtml

TB2btYwbVXXXXaYXpXXXXXXXXXX-367498627-no

TB2i5bFbVXXXXa0XXXXXXXXXXXX-367498627-no

A Ness amiibo has been spotted for sale on a Chinese auction site and appears to be in European packaging. Currently it sits at about $55, though I don't imagine that price will stay there for long.

Comparing the images in the gallery to the official Ness amiibo pictures, I'd say it looks to be the real deal. What do you think, real or fake?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought Donkey Kong, Somehow got Japanese stock in a local Target, the only english on the box is Nintendo and amiibo. I ditched the box, these are quite common even here in Australia. You'd be waiting a long time before even a sealed Amiibo is worth anything ;)

Well I bought Donkey Kong, Somehow got Japanese stock in a local Target, the only english on the box is Nintendo and amiibo. I ditched the box, these are quite common even here in Australia. You'd be waiting a long time before even a sealed Amiibo is worth anything ;)

If you're getting Japanese stock, then I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Though you could make a pretty penny by selling them to overseas buyers. xD