Do you pre-order?

skidmarkgn

I have to ask...but why would you pre-order a digital download? It's not like it will be out of stock on launch day. :unsure:

They gave away a journey dynamic theme with the pre-order. There may have been an avatar too. I don't recall though.

Do I pre-order? Depends if I can afford to or not.

Does that mean you pre-order when you can afford a game new or can't? I use pre-ordering as a kind of "lay-away". Just pre-order WAY ahead of time (as long as you're positive beyond a doubt you want the game no matter what) and drop small amounts of money on a weekly or monthly basis. Usually by release day I have my games payed off by doing it this way.

Does that mean you pre-order when you can afford a game new or can't? I use pre-ordering as a kind of "lay-away". Just pre-order WAY ahead of time (as long as you're positive beyond a doubt you want the game no matter what) and drop small amounts of money on a weekly or monthly basis. Usually by release day I have my games payed off by doing it this way.

Meh, it's not that big of a deal for me. :/

I've only ordered 3 games before....Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Pokemon SoulSilver version....as well as the guides for both FF games....all from GameStop due to the extra stuff they give you when you pre-order....I always pre-order Finaly Fantasy....I would pre-order Assassin's Creed but it usually comes out when I'm mad busy with school and like a month later I can get it for $40....

Hell no. The first game I pre-ordered was Sonic Generations, it arrived 3 days late and was missing the special pre-order reflective sleeve. First impressions are hard to erase. I'd much rather reserve a copy from a physical store and pick it up myself.

I think you misunderstood the question. By "pre-order" I meant reserving a game by any means, be it ordering online and having it delivered, reserving a digital copy on the PSN store, etc. etc. So, reserving a copy from a retailer would fall in the "yes" category.

I think you misunderstood the question. By "pre-order" I meant reserving a game by any means, be it ordering online and having it delivered, reserving a digital copy on the PSN store, etc. etc. So, reserving a copy from a retailer would fall in the "yes" category.

Well in that case, yes. Thanks for the correction. :)

I only do it when it's a game I absolutely can't wait getting. Usually these are multiplayer-heavy games I know all my friends will get instantly and well, I don't want to fall behind. But most of the time I don't preorder since I'm a cheap bastard (although I have money :rolleyes:) and rarely paid more than about £13 for my games. I bought my PS3 only 6 months ago. Before I used to play mainly online games like WoW or LoL :ninja:. So there are plenty of older games I can play now. Good thing is they're dead cheap B)

• 2 months later...

Yeah. Usually Amazon has pretty good pre-order bonuses, like $10-$20 coupons and stuff. I also like extra single player content that I sometimes get. For example, I'm getting a free single player expansion pack with Darksiders II...how cool is that?

For games that have multiplayer-based preorder bonus, I never bother. Like Resident Evil 6 has a bonus multiplayer map, screw that. At this rate, I'm not even sure I want to get that at launch, with them rushing it and all..

I have only ever pre-ordered once, and that was for MW3 and personally there is only 1 game I'd even think about pre-ordering anytime soon and that is GTA V, but thats just because I'm a huge GTA fan (who isn't right?)

I pre-order all the time, mostly I've been targeting RPG's to preorder because I know how hard they are to find months after their release. I have Atelier Memeru, Record of Agarest War 2, Aliens Colonial Marines, and Zone of the Enders HD collection currently on pre-order.

Yep... When I'm certain that I want a game, and know that it will be hard to locate later, I'm at the game store in a flash...

Especially if the game is being released in limited quantities at first and only customers that pre-ordered will get their copy...

Not to mention sometimes pre-orders come with some neat stuff... :lol: