Do you pre-order?

skidmarkgn

Pretty simple. When a game you want is on the way do you pre-order it? Me personally, yes. I like to play a lot of games that are considered to be pretty low profile and can be hard to find if you don't. If I hadn't pre-ordered Shadows of the Damned then my Gamestop wouldn't have even got a copy in on day 1.

I don't mind it if I see a game I payed $60 for on the shelf a few months later for $30 if it was a great game that was made by a developer I want to support. Hell, I'm positive that very situation be a reality (again) pretty soon because I payed $60 for Asura's Wrath, which I don't regret even a little. It was a great game and I like Capcom (developer or publisher, I'm not sure). Sure, Ive been burned because of it, I payed $60 for Saw, but that's a risk I have accepted and won't complain when it goes bad. I still buy used from time to time but most often I will pre-order a game several months in advance and then just drop small bits of money on it here and there until it's payed off.

So what are your thoughts on pre-ordering?

• Like 1

Rarely. I pre-ordered Portal 2 and will probably pre-order Borderlands 2. Mostly though I wait to find things on clearance somewhere or for the base price to drop to around $25 on something that launches at $60.

Yes quite a bit actually and if I have the money, already preordered 2 so far this year FFXIII-2 and Max Payne 3 there will probably be more before the years end, most likely

Borderlands 2

Far Cry 3

Tomb Raider

Ni No Kuni

GTA V

The Last Guardian

Just a few I'll most likely preorder

Yes and no;

I did my first ever pre-order for the release of 'Ocarina of Time' on 3DS because it came with a real ocarina!

Shortly after, I pre-ordered battlefield 3 because it had some in-game content, and pre-ordered MW3 because it came with 4GB USB Dogtags.

So generally, as of recently I pre-order if I get something out of it,

But as of the last couple weeks, I'm pre-ordering everything because I get points of my reward card for pre-ordering, so If I'm going to buy on release, might as well pre-order and snag some goodies!

Many of the JRPG's I enjoy, I almost have to preorder them. They usually have such a limited release that if you don't buy them right away, you find yourself paying double or triple value for them. So yeah pretty much anything from Nippon Ichi or Atlus I preorder.

• Like 2

I do on occasion. I do for games I really want, like Arkham City, the Mass Effect series or the Assassin's Creed series. Other times, I just wait for the games to drop in price since I know there are others out there who get the game Day 1, finish it as soon as they could and trade it in for a new game.

Many of the JRPG's I enjoy, I almost have to preorder them. They usually have such a limited release that if you don't buy them right away, you find yourself paying double or triple value for them. So yeah pretty much anything from Nippon Ichi or Atlus I preorder.

This is exactly me ^

I usually pre-order special (limited) editions when it comes to Japanese RPGs... otherwise i usually pre-order to get the bonus content for free because sometimes like Bioware you get $10 worth of DLC for free...

otherwise, i don't mind getting used games for the ones that i won't be playing for a while (unless it fits in the above category).

Don't get me wrong... I DO have a backlog but some stuff is worth getting on day one

I'm in pretty much the same boat, although I'll also pre-order from those two companies to support them. In the case of NISA, I'll order directly from them explicitly to support them, even if it that sometimes means I end up waiting a little longer for my copy of a game (e.g., my copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia 2 didn't arrive until two days ago, 6 days after it was in stores).

At the same time, I live close enough to so many GameStop locations that I don't feel the urge to pre-order a whole lot. Even for something relatively uncommon -- for example, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny -- there's a really good chance that I can find a store with a copy within a reasonable drive without having to go to any great lengths. And considering that I hold a job that has me on the road a lot, in a lot of different directions and locations.... it's pretty likely I'll get by any one particular location I might want/need without having to make a special trip.

Only if it's a game that I'm really interested in. My first pre-order was Battlefield 3. My second and last pre-order was Silent Hill HD collection. I should pre-order Downpour too since I get 2 bonus weapons :(