Yakuza 5 releases to the west December 8th

Senbon Kaguya

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/22/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-11242015/

Yakuza 5 is MIA on this week's The Drop on the US PS Blog. 

Wouldn't kill to have a friggen update about this game's whereabouts. This is ridiculous. I feel bad for those that preordered.

I am one of those that has preordered...  :angry:

There's not even a trophy list up which is worrying are we even going to get it this year.

I have a feeling it won't be until next month or some shit now.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but are we getting the full game or like in the past are they cutting certain things from the game

Sega said it's not going to have any cut content.

They did say if it got delayed it would most likely be released in December.

Most likely the same day it came out in Japan.. but hey, we were supposed to have it in Summer. Nope. Fall? Nope. This month? Nope.

Better come out next month... UGH.

Personally I just find it sad that next week it'll be a full year since it was announced and we still do not have it, along with the FF7 PC port.

Yeah this is truly sad. Most likely it is going to be next month.. I'm very disappointed. =( I just want Yakuza games pls.

So much for a November release. Next Tuesday (not tomorrow) is December 1.

Oh yeah, the game's finished.. yet we don't have it yet.

According to the auto download info it will be available Dec 29 I don't beleive that dates changed since i preordered back in September

Sega said it was supposed to come out this month though. I'm thinking that the date was right on the auto download and it is coming out near the end of the year.. T_T

The silence by Sony and Sega about this game is absurd.

All we need to know is the status of the game, I'm no game developer but it shouldn't take over a year to translate Japanese text to English...

If they were using English voice actors or cutting/amending portions of the game, then I would see that posing a lengthy localization, but it's literally the Japanese version with English text and subtitles.

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 1

The silence by Sony and Sega about this game is absurd.

All we need to know is the status of the game, I'm no game developer but it shouldn't take over a year to translate Japanese text to English...

If they were using English voice actors or cutting/amending portions of the game, then I would see that posing a lengthy localization, but it's literally the Japanese version with English text and subtitles.

It's pretty much finished from what I've seen in the streams and everything.. I hate how we're being kept in the dark, yeah. And the games have never been english since Yakuza 1 on PS2. 

I seriously hope that we end up getting other games after such a big delay and hopefully the game sells well.. I am importing the other games but its just sad to see one of my fav series do badly over in the west.

Just figured I should let you know that it seems the JP list has been updated with English names. (They did the same for the western release of Project Diva F 2nd) so maybe that's a sign it's coming soon?

Not my screenshot but here -

UWX0DFK.jpg

Guarantee you it's gonna be one of those "OH AND IT'S AVAILABLE RIGHT NOOOOW" announcements at PSX this weekend along with the FF7 PC port.

• Like 1

We should know by the weekend. I'd be shocked if Sony doesn't mention it at all.

And the game ends up coming out around near the end of the year.. which it almost feels like. I just want to be a first achiever and get my Yakuza fix back. Then we wait another 5 years for Yakuza Ishin and Zero. </3