Any good?

I don't have it yet but do plan on getting it regardless of the changes to the game, which were minor changes to the minigame only from what I've read.

All they did was add more fog (or mist, whichever you want to call it) and even then, they are still wearing their swimsuits and/or panties underneath said fog/mist.

Edited by GarciaFever

• 3 months later...

I liked it enough that I went on to Platinum it. Gameplay is pretty fun once you get past the fact that you don't have full control over your part members actions, and it's not too terribly difficult once you get a hang of things. I wouldn't pay full price for it, though.

• 2 months later...

Is the Japanese version of this still playable to someone who doesn't understand the language? Like obviously I won't be able to understand the story, but I mean everything else.

I would say... kind of. In terms of battle play, it's quite easy to memorize what each action does based on their placement on the action menu. The items, however, might be a little more difficult because you can't exactly memorize the placement due to your constantly changing item bag. Some of the late game battles are heavily item reliant (I found myself using at least 1 item every turn just to survive certain boss fights).

In terms of story, it is fairly straightforward up to a certain point.

Your party splits up midway through the game and trying to follow the text/story while trying to retrieve your party members can get convoluted, especially if you don't read Japanese at all

The text actually provides a lot of hints/clues of where/what you should be doing next (some of which are quite vague), so unless you have a walkthrough open next to you that you can follow by the book, it can be really easy to get lost in terms of what you should be doing. There is also some backtracking to previous areas that are required, which is not really intuitive. What helps though is that when the game text gives you a piece of important information/clue, they will emphasize it to make sure you get it by changing the text color and making it bold.

I would say... kind of. In terms of battle play, it's quite easy to memorize what each action does based on their placement on the action menu. The items, however, might be a little more difficult because you can't exactly memorize the placement due to your constantly changing item bag. Some of the late game battles are heavily item reliant (I found myself using at least 1 item every turn just to survive certain boss fights).

In terms of story, it is fairly straightforward up to a certain point.

Your party splits up midway through the game and trying to follow the text/story while trying to retrieve your party members can get convoluted, especially if you don't read Japanese at all

The text actually provides a lot of hints/clues of where/what you should be doing next (some of which are quite vague), so unless you have a walkthrough open next to you that you can follow by the book, it can be really easy to get lost in terms of what you should be doing. There is also some backtracking to previous areas that are required, which is not really intuitive. What helps though is that when the game text gives you a piece of important information/clue, they will emphasize it to make sure you get it by changing the text color and making it bold.

Hmm...I see. Thanks for the info ^_^ the game looks interesting but I hate the censorship >.<

Hmm...I see. Thanks for the info ^_^ the game looks interesting but I hate the censorship >.<

The gallery isn't censored, if that is any incentive haha. Also from what I can remember, once you get the highest levels of each of the motivation times, the fog lifts for about 80-90% of the picture. Unfortunately the panties/nether regions are permanently fogged (except for one of the girls, I think they may have forgotten or failed to QA it properly so her's wasn't censored).

The gallery isn't censored, if that is any incentive haha. Also from what I can remember, once you get the highest levels of each of the motivation times, the fog lifts for about 80-90% of the picture. Unfortunately the panties/nether regions are permanently fogged (except for one of the girls, I think they may have forgotten or failed to QA it properly so her's wasn't censored).

It doesn't have moaning.

It has a weird pink fog.

It's NOT uncensored :P

It doesn't have moaning.

It has a weird pink fog.

It's NOT uncensored :P

Yeah sound is definitely censored, but from a visual standpoint the censorship lifts to a certain extent as you progress farther through motivation time.  The pictures you can unlock in the gallery aren't censored at all. But yes, in terms of the overall game, it is censored.

Edited by simply ahri

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyways. The story is pretty good, and I enjoy the battle system because it requires more skill since, unlike most rpgs, you learn skills via the "motivate" system (also known as disciplining the girls). You do not learn the skills automatically when you level up, but instead requires CM (which I forgot what it stands for).

CM is probably something in Japanese. Also, the CM is also used to buy items in the Infirmary, so you have to decide whether to use the CM to learn skills or buy items which could save your butt in a boss fight. I went for skills and boss fights became rather challenging as I didn't have enough healing items. Kisaragi gains skills to steal items from enemies but as you said, she won't have it first turn and you waste a turn - yes, only one girl can attack per turn unless you use Attack x2/3/4 which has them just use normal attacks, and Alice and two other girls are mages so their weapon attacks are weaksauce. So you have to focus on powerful physical attackers which can stink when you run into enemies which are resistant to physical attacks.

Needless to say, there are also Field Abilities you can learn that allow you to spawn battles, prevent encounters for a short time and warp to the Infirmary so it's not too bad, but you'll be grinding for days to get strong enough to fight the later bosses.

• 6 months later...

bump?

I just finished the game and I must say, I really liked it. The strategy part in the battle system is the one that I liked the most and defeating bosses were very satisfying. I was not really expecting deep in terms of story but I must say, the backstory caught me off guard. Didn't saw that coming.

Would actually recommend this one and must say... if CG2 has same battle system, I will probably get it. 

bump?

I just finished the game and I must say, I really liked it. The strategy part in the battle system is the one that I liked the most and defeating bosses were very satisfying. I was not really expecting deep in terms of story but I must say, the backstory caught me off guard. Didn't saw that coming.

Would actually recommend this one and must say... if CG2 has same battle system, I will probably get it. 

CG2 same battle system...with a little extra ( Motivation, interchangeable skills that change Girl into either a Machochist/Sadist)

Similar Backstory, Characters just as unique. 

• 1 year later...

To be honest, I bought this game not for the fan service, but rather because I was told that it was like a classic JRPG with just enough extra in battle to make it unique. I find it quite satisfactory in that regard. The censorship is silly, and unnecessary (and to be honest, at times, the fog makes it look like the girls are far more provocative than they actually are - Ran in particular looks like she's sticking a sex toy in her derriere). 

Battle is great, although it's tiresome to fight the same final boss 8 separate times to get ending screens (which, as far as I can tell, aren't saved into your art gallery, anyway) and to move on. But I'm looking forward to pushing onward in the postgame.