Huge amount of Day One DLC, Please stay away from game.

MafiaBrett

Any game that's "built from the ground up with dlc in mind" is a no buy from me. I don't care what kind of dlc it is. The devs themselves have sealed the deal in me never buying the game, even if it is 10 dollars. Every other AAA studio does make dlc for their games, but those dlcs ADD to the game, they don't strip away pieces and sell them off as if they were simple extras...barring a few devs, as there are examples of people going nutball crazy with dlc.... but this is just all kinds of messed up. Don't sell your game at 60$ after you've stripped it down to bare bones.... They should have went free to play. 

That is to say, I myself don't care for costume extras....I don't care about cosmetic dlc items, but from the sounds of things... that's not all they have in mind for the game... Which means, they've potentially taken out story content to be sold later on down the line... Now that, that pisses me off to the extreme degree. 

Agree with me, or disagree with me. It matters little, as well all have our opinions... but going off everything that's been said about this game, it just reeks of meh.

Edited by KratosTheMighty

A more nuanced view on Day 1 DLC:

Overall though, I still think Evolve has fallen on the wrong side of things. The sheer number of skins available and the way the game has been marketed on its DLC suggests to me that these were not simply developed in the gap between going gold and launching the game and so seems like more of a money grab than a "hey, we've found the time to create this cool extra stuff that we think you might like, why not consider buying it" situation. I might be wrong though.

I'm not a fanatic about this type of stuff.  I don't care if there is day one DLC.  I rarely like a game enough to want to buy it day one, and if I try it later and decide I like it, there is usually a GOTY edition with all the DLC for a lower price.

The way I see it, the games cost more to develop, but the price didn't go up, because the industry is trying to monetize in different ways.  I don't care about skins, so Turtle Rock selling them doesn't bother me.

That being said, the game is really fun.  I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. 

• Like 1

People were complaining about Street Fighter X Tekken having DLC locked, but it wasn't finished, yet the same people think that stuff like this is OK with having all of those completed suits -_- I wish games were like Resident Evil or what not.  I personally felt Resident Evil has been mediocre the last five years, but at least you can unlock suits and weapons in the game by doing certain thing like beating the game in x-amount of hours.