Oh lawd!

Seriously!  This will be great!

Afterbirth!

ELLO THAR!

its been a while since ive updated, but its about time we talk a bit more about the upcoming Rebirth DLC

The game expansion will be called Afterbirth.it will come out sometime this year (hopefully around the middle)

this expansion will feature:

- 100+ new items

- a full new game mode that will totally change how you play

- 10 new challenges

- a new playable character

- a new alternate final chapter

- new alt floors

- new game endings

- new final bosses

- tons of new bosses and enemies

- new item pickups, cards, pills, etc.

- tons of new achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard

- new co-op babies

- new transformations

- and more… :|

you could almost get lost in all that new content!it should easily extend the gameplay time by another 100-200 hours…

last update i asked for you guys to give me some awesome challenges for the DLC via reddit, here are the top 9 challenge suggestions you all posted.
keep in mind that not all of these challenges will make it into the DLC, and if they do they might not be designed as described.

1. a XXXL room challenge: all floors are XL but have the max amount of rooms per XL floor.
2. High Speed!: the game plays at x2 speed
3. Sonic: all doors are arcade doors, start with 99 coins all enemies have greed shot effect (cause you to drop/loose coins) you die at 0 coins. 
4. Max hearts : a challenge where you start with max heart containers but hearts no longer drop.
5. High Rule: start with moms knife + trinity shield + boomerang
6. Rollers: each time you complete a room all of your items and stats are rerolled (item pools arent depleted) 
7. BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)
8. Blue Bomber: blue baby run with kamikaze + flying + new dlc item + pyromaniac, Blindfolded (no tears) 
9. all start boss rush: a challenge where you fight all the games bosses

Source: http://bindingofisaac.com/post/110884940374/afterbirth

• Like 2

Well, I suppose I'll be the first, and perhaps only, one to say that I'm looking forward to this. Maybe it's because I play the Vita version, but I wasn't really aware that there were still problems with the game to be fixed, besides occasional frame rate drops. Anyway, I hope the actual content is on par with the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original game. Guess I'll just wait and see.

• Like 1

It seems like the EU patch is more an issue with Sony EA syndication than anything else, the EU is often behind on this kind of stuff due to it taking them god damn ages to do anything.

Even so, I am pretty hyped for this. Dead Boy and Godhead being glitched is the only issues I've had with my Vita version so I can't really complain, and as a huge fan of Isaac I can't wait for all this new content. Wonder if we'll get any DLC trophies? I'd assume so since it mentions more achievements in the proposed update log so I suspect some of those will become trophies as well. 

• Like 1

Well, I suppose I'll be the first, and perhaps only, one to say that I'm looking forward to this. Maybe it's because I play the Vita version, but I wasn't really aware that there were still problems with the game to be fixed, besides occasional frame rate drops. Anyway, I hope the actual content is on par with the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original game. Guess I'll just wait and see.

by the looks of it it will contain more stuff on Afterbirth 

I suppose that'll force Sony Entertainment Europe to release the patch for EU when the DLC eventually releases, since i doubt it'll be compatible otherwise.

As for the DLC itself, it's something i'm definetly interested in though i'm not sure if the game might someday reach a point where there's just so much content people will start to get confused. I'll probably be getting it, depending on the pricetag, since i got the main game for free and i got loads of playtime out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

So the EU version of the game was effed up and most just stated that it's a glitched broken piece without any information as to HOW.  I understand that EM didn't fix the EU version but the Steam and US version are fine.  That's something obviously out of my control.  However, I wanted to post exciting news not really regarding trophies.