Figures Thread

Carville87

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Apart from Blackie and Azu-nyan (maybe the original but I got a cheap one without box :awesome: ) all are the standalone ones without exchangeable parts =D 

Ohh that's cool. I should buy open boxes more often since they're really cheap but I'm scared they might get damaged >_>

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

What you should do is disupuree Kirika-sama together with Excella-sama for some yuri action :awesome:

Ehh? I can do Kirika and Rinna together LOL. Not Excella I haven't opened her yet. xD 

I just need a good location at my place but...... >_>

13 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

R-R-R-R-REN-CHAAAAAAAAAN!

And Estelle with Yosh's Harmonica, how cute =D But still...

Ren-chaaaaaaaan :D

I even missed the cute A-sha next to them, lol =D

The first figures I bought were Renne and Estelle. I still want to get the petit nendoroid of Tita, but it was bundled with something, (manga I think) so I can't imagine it being easy to get. 

17 hours ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I still need to move these away from the window, but here are some (badly taken) pictures of mine: 

Hide contents

SLqE8NH.jpg

Wow I'm surprised you got all of the wings into Black Heart. How long did it take you?

10 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You could try buyee.jp it lets you buy stuff off of yahoo auctions japan and I've been able to find more rare figures from there

How is the pricing for Buyee? After using Tenso twice, I'm absurdly scared by how many hidden charges Buyee might have (they are owned by the same group). As a result, I've been using FromJapan a lot more.

13 minutes ago, bladesoframen said:

Wow I'm surprised you got all of the wings into Black Heart. How long did it take you?

How is the pricing for Buyee? After using Tenso twice, I'm absurdly scared by how many hidden charges Buyee might have (they are owned by the same group). As a result, I've been using FromJapan a lot more.

I've only purchased figures from there twice and the EMS shipping was around 25 dollars

1 minute ago, bladesoframen said:

Guess I'm not looking for the EMS shipping fee as much as every other cost.like cost to place the bid, cost to snipe, cost to handle the item for repackaging, etc.

Ah, it really depends on the item since it's an auction site. You can check their purchase faq page with all of that info as there's an english version

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Ah, it really depends on the item since it's an auction site. You can check their purchase faq page with all of that info as there's an english version

I know that, but I didn't know how many of those fees actually affected my purchase. For example, when I used tenso, I was tacked on 3 fees that nearly doubled the cost of my order (it was a really small item), and then shipping was applied.

On the other hand, I can show you my fee for FromJapan, ignoring the domestic shipping fee that the seller charged, system usage fees was about 400 yen total for 1 item, and about 1800 after I combined a few items.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

But you need to do it =D
Ren-tan needs her loli waifu =D

I just went on my Mandarake account and set it so that I'll get an email if they have any in stock. I probably should have done that earlier, but I kept forgetting... well, that and every time I go on Mandarake, I end up spending money lol.

33 minutes ago, bladesoframen said:

It's hard to see because of the lighting, but one of the wings is on the base. I gave up trying to put that one in, because every time I tried, one or two of the other wings would fall out :/ As for how long it took me, I think it was around an hour to put everything together. Just putting the wings in accounted for at least 20 to 30 minutes of that.

Just now, Cave_Johnson_ said:

It's hard to see because of the lighting, but one of the wings is on the base. I gave up trying to put that one in, because every time I tried, one or two of the other wings would fall out :/ As for how long it took me, I think it was around an hour to put everything together. Just putting the wings in accounted for at least 20 to 30 minutes of that.

Ahhh lol. My Black Heart also has 1 wing on the base, and I even broke one of the turrets slightly. Just gave up after that (spent a hr before that)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to start on Amiibo two weeks ago, was thinking about getting them for a while and there's a few different sales going on right now I can't resist - some go for €5 new now at a store nearby.

Owned already:

Link (SSB version)

Fox

Meta Knight (Kirby version)

Mega Yarn Yoshi

Bowser (Super Mario version)

Captain Falcon

Arriving in the mail today:

Dedede (SSB version)

Arriving in the mail tomorrow:

Toon Link (30th anniversary version)

Arriving at a store nearby soon (hopefully this week), ordered from their other stores across the country:

Mario (Super Mario version)

Donkey Kong (Super Mario version)

Pikachu

Kirby (Kirby version)

Falco

Feel like all I need now are Samus (regular version) and Link (BOTW version) until I'm done for a while.

Got a lot of other stuff, probably should put a picture up at some point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tali said:

Hajime finally arrived! 

talithacs1490621955.jpeg

Awesome! Your Danganronpa collection is coming along nicely I see :D I need that Junko and Toko figure. 

I got the Phat! Chie and Yukiko twin pack today. I bought it used on eBay and managed to get it for pretty cheap. 

20170327_204916.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm new to the thread... My latest figures are actually homemade figures.
I have a couple of legit ones, but some of the ones I copied are way to expensive. This were my first three productions. I later did a FFVIII Ifrit bust (designed by myself) but I still haven't painted it :shakefist:
All of them are made in cold porcelain. I'll stick links to my step-by-step process in case you want to check them out ;) (Texts are in Spanish there)

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18287553/Hice-una-escultura-de-Final-Fantasy-VII-y-te-la-muestro.html

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18290695/Hice-una-escultura-de-Diablos---Final-Fantasy-VIII.html

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18303911/Hice-una-escultura-de-Pokemon-y-te-lo-muestro.html

I hope you like them! :)

Final Fantasy VII Cloud vs Sephiroth (Copied from the Cold Cast figure)

F46.jpg

Pokemon Mewtwo and Mew (Designed by myself)

E52.jpg

Final Fantasy VIII Diablos' bust (copied from Kotobukiya's Zell & Irvine & Diabolus sculpture)

692.jpg

• Like 2