is single player Better played in co op

sephirothdude

If you play it by yourself i think you get more immersed in the world and story of the game and with coop you will probably be goofing around having a great time but you wont get immersed.

*edit*
Didn't noticed this was about dying light specific. Dying light is better with coop since the story is none existent and all you have then is the gameplay which is a bit bland by yourself alone,

Edited by DDrag00n
  • Like 2

If you play it by yourself i think you get more immersed in the world and story of the game and with coop you will probably be goofing around having a great time but you wont get immersed.

*edit*

Didn't noticed this was about dying light specific. Dying light is better with coop since the story is none existent and all you have then is the gameplay which is a bit bland by yourself alone,

that may be why after countless attempts i can not get into this game. i almost tried coop but decided against it. i think ill give it another go once my backlog is cleared up a bit

I literally played the entire game co-op.. Mainly just because the game freaked me out a bit at first since I was peer pressured in a way to get this game, lolz.. Also, at first our weapons are weak asf so in my opinion, it's bad to go about playing this by yourself, especially during night time, if you don't have weapons that are capable of effectively killing zombies. But yeah, of course I did the tutorial solo and I also did the last mission solo since it's required to do it solo.. But jesus christ.. when you start playing co-op and your friends are a bit better then you at the game, they tend to make up the slack that you give.. when you do that last mission, it was so annoying because I wasn't used to doing this stuff on my own, lmao.

So basically, as long as you're capable of doing a crazy zombie filled mission at the end, you'll be fine (o: ..But this game is hella fun co-op. Yesterday my friends and I were going around in my friend's session since he just unlocked Old Town and we were scavenging the air drops (which if you cash in what you obtain from them, you get survival points) .. I had to go up around 2 or 3 levels yesterday.. at one getting 220k survivor XP.. So yeah, this game is pretty fun when you play co-op, especially if you're helping one of your friends who literally just got the game.

For this game, this is one of those general, technical hard questions to answer. You din't ask which is more fun or which is harder or which is less buggy (etc0, you asked which is better. Without specification, co-op would probably be the better mode, assuming Dying Light has no significant story. So it should be just like Borderlands and definitely Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, where the game is better in co-op.

I wouldn't recommend playing coop with random people every time. If you have some friends, the game is much better in coop, but without being able to easily communicate or play with the same people consistently, I wouldn't recommend it. Personally I find this game to be great played alone or with others, which is uncommon among these sorts of games. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this game to be awesome co-op. Granted I had my TV and PS4 hooked up right next to my buddy, but it was a lot of fun playing the missions together. We sat down to do all the story missions from Pact with Rais onward... we only finished pact with rais and spent the rest of the time running around to safe houses, trying to fight volatiles, searching for loot and hunting bolters. If you're coop experience is going to be a game with 2 or more of you not talking or communicating, I'd say just play alone. But it can be so much fun with another person or two to heal you when you're low hp (you get 400-500 survivor xp for that), having someone to cover you while you pick locks, and so on.

We laughed for a good 10 minutes when we were caught out at night and I thought it would be easier to kill a volatile by shooting it with my military rifle... It wasn't easier... It also brought 5 more to our area that quickly maimed my buddy while I hid in a bus then ran away to a safe house. Good times!