Can someone tell me about every Hyperdimension Neptunia?

Pavani_

Any one would do(to be honest), except PP(which appeals more to the hardcore fans).

But I would recommend the "Re: birth" versions, so far all the PS3 released titles are heading the "Re;birth"(have all the included PS3 DLC & then some) route anyway.

Definitely get re;birth 1.

Won't i be missing anything from the storyline? What's a RE: birth version?

1)  You won't be missing much from any of the storylines aside from some humor and the familiarity of the characters. Each game has it's own story line, and neither one continues on from the previous game.

2) RE:Birth version is, in simple terms, the same game, but remastered for the vita. The only difference that I know of is the battle system and game mechanics from the very first game. Hyperdimension Neptunia for the PS3 had a terrible battle system, and it was very hard to heal yourself in battle. Plus the monsters are completely randomized. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (for the vita) is the same thing, however they greatly improved it to be similar, if not equal, to the third game for the PS3 (Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory). I have Re;Birth 2 SISTERS GENERATION for the vita as well, but I haven't opened the game, so can anyone be willing to input their opinion on the difference between the vita and the PS3 version?

Edited by GarciaFever

I've only played the first game, but I've also played other games they've made. I'm not that a big fan, but I've probably played the worst games they've made. lol I actually do have the second and third game, and some other games they've made without having played them yet.

As for the first game, took me a while to actually get the platinum, because I just gave up when I had to load back quite a bit due to missing some enemies... and it's also one of those games that doesn't play well on a 480p screen. Some things on the screen, both stats in the menus and the stats in battle, I just couldn't make them out, at all. I had to play on another screen.

The gameplay of the first game is uhm you can select dungeons to visit, and then you run around in the dungeon, and the various characters got special abilities to do various things in the dungeons. Random encounters and turn based combat system with some action oriented elements. Most of the gameplay is really just about meeting some kind of mission objective in these dungeons, like killing a boss, or x of an enemies, or get x of an item of enemies. You also want to get a good score by doing this quickly. There's also lots of menus you can navigate to get more story and see the events etc.

The story is basically a ton of game related jokes. Basically goofing around and fighting. There's probably some fan service etc too. If you are afraid of missing story, at least the story from the first game can probably be summed up in some few lines of text. There's a lot "happening"; but little noteworthy.

Graphics and soundtrack is okay, but you play this for the anime-like characters I guess.

Edited by MMDE

but you play this for the anime-like characters I guess.

They ARE anime characters ;)

I have Re;Birth 2 SISTERS GENERATION for the vita as well, but I haven't opened the game, so can anyone be willing to input their opinion on the difference between the vita and the PS3 version?

Other than everyone's beloved Stella dungeon and the new ending, it's the mk2 with Victory battle style =)

There's an action RPG one coming out soon i think.  I forget its name.  Thats the first one that got me curious.

Nep Action Unleashed?

Nope, you won't.

ReBirth versions (Neptunia games for Vita)¨include whole PS3 games' story.

If you do happen to like it, you should give the PS3 games a chance as well =)

• Like 1

The only difference that I know of is the battle system and game mechanics from the very first game. Hyperdimension Neptunia for the PS3 had a terrible battle system, and it was very hard to heal yourself in battle.

I disagree with that and think you should play it. There comes a Collection with all three PS3 games for 40 bucks soon.

believe he is referring to Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed for the vita coming May 19.

Thats only a spinoff. Would you recommend anyone to start a franchise with a spinoff? o_o

... well, there are people saying GTA5 is the best RACINGgame on PS4.... xD

Nope, you won't.

ReBirth versions (Neptunia games for Vita)¨include whole PS3 games' story.

Attention! may contain spoilers and other unseriously craparonie stuff!

Disagree with that. In the first original games they all hate you and join your party when you have enough reputation and win an 1vs1 duell.

In rebirth1 its like...

Noire: ... hahaha, Neptune is now weak, I will defeat here and  ....  she is nicer than I thought and my only friend... *joins party*

Vert: Im the adult and think the consolewar is childish! *joins party*

Blanc: Arfourdeetwo is stealing my nation!!! *joins party*

The storyline is more or less the same, but the rebirth-game choosed other paths :P btw.. have we fight the momus overlord thingy in the first ps3-game? cant remember on that... hmmm

And an other ending ... Would be nice if they would do something with that...

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: NEW JOKES! This is reason enough to play every Nep-game ^_^ PIKA!

Edited by Neputyunu

Thats only a spinoff. Would you recommend anyone to start a franchise with a spinoff? o_o

... well, there are people saying GTA5 is the best RACINGgame on PS4.... xD

Not saying whether Superbuu3 should start with a spinoff game or not, but it's just the name of the game that has got him/her curious, which is coming out soon:

There's an action RPG one coming out soon i think.  I forget its name.  Thats the first one that got me curious.

:

The way I saw it was that if I liked the characters I could enjoy the rest of the franchise. I'm weary of games that appear fanservicey and have that whole loli/moe look (i'm probably misusing words please don't kill me, i'm not trying to offend). If I can get into it though i'l get the whole series.  After playing Atelier Ayesha I just grabbed all the Atelier games, not played them yet, but seriously that game suprised me how great it was I thought being a girl and picking up flowers with such silly little things popping up would be dull. I was very wrong.

Combat was great and the alchemy system was insanely indepth.

Re;Birth1 is not that hard and grindy (except you like trophies). When you talk to all the ? on the map, you get somewhen a blueprint for the "cheat" that reduces the level of enemys. But if you like it hard, there is also one that levelup enemys. ^_^

Edited by Neputyunu

Re;Birth1 is not that hard and grindy (except you like trophies). When you talk to all the ? on the map, you get somewhen a blueprint for the "cheat" that reduces the level of enemys. But if you like it hard, th anere is also one that levelup enemys. ^_^

Thank , I didn't know about that cheat to reduce enemy's level, I still have a lot to understand about these games

There is nothing hard about hyperdimension, you just need to grind when you can't defeat the boss you're at. And always check in the store for new weapons you can buy (mostly the store gets new weapons after you finish a chapter) And be sure to buy that one accessory that gives you alot more health, that helps alot on the earlier chapters.

Thank , I didn't know about that cheat to reduce enemy's level, I still have a lot to understand about these games

Its not exactly a "cheat".

There is this Craftingsystem where you can craft weapons, accesoires, other stuff and "system-settings", like Weaken enemies, Fortify enemenies, EXP up, etc. You must craft a lot of stuff anyway, because there is a trophy for it. :P

Edited by Neputyunu

believe he is referring to Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed for the vita coming May 19.

...Isn't that what I said? =D

The storyline is more or less the same, but the rebirth-game choosed other paths :P btw.. have we fight the momus overlord thingy in the first ps3-game? cant remember on that... hmmm

And an other ending ... Would be nice if they would do something with that...

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: NEW JOKES! This is reason enough to play every Nep-game ^_^ PIKA!

Because CPU hate is not cool :P

Yo dude

do you think i should grab that hyperdimension trilogy collection thats coming out or just play the vita ones?

Wait what trilogy that's coming out?

I disagree with that and think you should play it. There comes a Collection with all three PS3 games for 40 bucks soon.

I have played it a few years ago. Check my trophy log.

Edited by GarciaFever