Thoughts?

skiptracing

I do like the cryptic nature of the trophy descriptions. I'll definitely be picking the game up at some point.  Probably not anytime soon.

I too have heard about the devs saying "we can't even finish NG+ it's so hard!" and I feel like that's kind of lame.  You know, like a publicity stunt type of deal.  But what do I know?  Regardless, I'm excited about the game and it makes me want to go back to Demon Souls and Dark Souls to play and finish them up.  But then again...I have type-0, Destiny, and Binding of Isaac...

Same here overlord haze.. This is the #1 reason.. Probably won't get it day 1, as I'm still preoccupied with a few other games (hotline miami 2, helldivers, bf4 for ps4, ttg games) but I will definitely pick it up.. Here's the thing I generally don't like about threads like these.. How does "Thoughts?" Always become based on trophies.. Forget trophies.. I never focused on them for souls games.. Forget the strive for the plat and just enjoy the game. Play to have fun, play carefree.. Strive for plats on other games.. But on gems like the souls series, and BB.. Enjoy it for what it is.

Same here overlord haze.. This is the #1 reason.. Probably won't get it day 1, as I'm still preoccupied with a few other games (hotline miami 2, helldivers, bf4 for ps4, ttg games) but I will definitely pick it up.. Here's the thing I generally don't like about threads like these.. How does "Thoughts?" Always become based on trophies.. Forget trophies.. I never focused on them for souls games.. Forget the strive for the plat and just enjoy the game. Play to have fun, play carefree.. Strive for plats on other games.. But on gems like the souls series, and BB.. Enjoy it for what it is.

I'd say it always ends up being about the trophies since that's all people can see for it at the moment, as most people tend to be skeptical about pre-launch 'gameplay' footage, the discussion may change to the overall gameplay aspect once the game is actually out though. I might even start a thread for that express purpose once I get it (if a thread isn't made beforehand).

The part I quoted in bold doesn't quite make sense to me though, why shouldn't we strive for the platinum with these games but we should on other games? I've attempted trying to get the platinums with the Souls games, and still enjoy them for what they are, I still play Dark Souls despite getting the platinum quite some time ago. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't fully understand your viewpoint.

this list reminds me more of demons souls than ds and ds 2 

i have a feeling the "great ones" are side bosses or ng+ exclusive's 

same with all hunter weapons remember ds and demons souls unique weap's requirements 

but overall nice list i hope to plat this beast of a plat in less than 8 days :D took me only sad 10 days to plat ds 2 

whoops mixed it with DAI plat haha 

Edited by dj_dark_seraphim

I'd say it always ends up being about the trophies since that's all people can see for it at the moment, as most people tend to be skeptical about pre-launch 'gameplay' footage, the discussion may change to the overall gameplay aspect once the game is actually out though. I might even start a thread for that express purpose once I get it (if a thread isn't made beforehand).

The part I quoted in bold doesn't quite make sense to me though, why shouldn't we strive for the platinum with these games but we should on other games? I've attempted trying to get the platinums with the Souls games, and still enjoy them for what they are, I still play Dark Souls despite getting the platinum quite some time ago. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't fully understand your viewpoint.

What I'm saying is that the platinum isn't the reason to play this game.. Trophies aren't means or ends when it comes to souls or BB.. You should play exclusively for enjoyment.. I didn't plat either of the dark souls (didn't like them as much as I did demons) because I seriously played merely to enjoy the games and didn't bother with the fuss or the scrutiny of the plat (i.e. Trophy guides, youtube videos, etc.)

Anyway I kinda have to put my foot in my mouth. I am going for BB plat and I should have it within 48 hours give or take.. Hahaha.. It's honestly the easiest of plats in comparison to demons or dark souls games.. It's straightforward and not as tedious.. I hate tedious.. If it was all like the souls lists (max out sharp stone sword, max out feint stone weapon, etc) I would say iDGAF and I CBA with getting the plat.. But alas this one is fun and simply wants you to enjoy every and all aspects within the many facets of the game and all it has to offer..

I see what you're saying though.. And can agree with you in some regards but for the most part with souls games you just gotta play to play and not worry bout the shiny.. Just have fun.. But that's just me I guess..