New Feature: Gaming Sessions

Sly Ripper

Nice work!

Is it possible to have a 24 hour option when selecting the date and time? I don't like the AM/PM thingie. :/

Also, with this new feature. Is it possible when a user is viewing a trophy to highlight a gaming session that has that trophy as intended to be earned?

A few things, just because I'm a nitpicky tw@.

"Gaming Sessions" is currently the longest and only two-worded link on the main page navigation, which is frankly looking a bit crowded these days. For the sake of consistency and space, maybe it could just be called "Sessions"?That's all, great work Sly!

This I can echo - it's actually causing a bit of an issue, the nav is just about to overlap the main header, and looks a little wonky at the moment.

HBgzEE.png

*View as seen on an 1152 x 864 resolution

Maybe shorten it, like Dreakon mentioned - or add a little extra space/padding to the navi. I think shortening it a bit would look better, though.

Other than that, I like it :D. Just created a session for Rock Band 2 for Saturday :P.

This I can echo - it's actually causing a bit of an issue, the nav is just about to overlap the main header, and looks a little wonky at the moment.

HBgzEE.png

*View as seen on an 1152 x 864 resolution

Maybe shorten it, like Dreakon mentioned - or add a little extra space/padding to the navi. I think shortening it a bit would look better, though.

Other than that, I like it :D. Just created a session for Rock Band 2 for Saturday :P.

The PSN Profiles logo and the Home option link to the same page, so maybe Home can be removed.

The sessions page looks sweet!

Thinking about future features of the site and the potential for a crowded header, is it time to group them into a menu (simple drop-down or fly-out style) maybe named 'Site Pages' or 'Features' or something along those lines?

This way the header will only need to be changed once and the menu added to, rather than constant header re-design.

Great feature!! :awesome:

but it's missing some games... e.g. Red Faction:Armageddon & Warhammer 40000

Where?

Thank you! :yay: now shows ALL games

...but what's the point in having all those offline and sp games on the list?? :huh::hmm:

or if you want to play e.g. Sly1 with someone at the same time??? :eyebrow::lol:

Pretty slick. It'd be cool if there was an "Upcoming Gaming Sessions" widget next to Recent Forum Posts in the right column of a specific game's page.

BTW "schedule" is misspelled in the description on the sessions page.

This looks like a pretty good idea. I have a question: When I clicked on the 'Gaming Sessions' area there were a lot of requests made by other people, do these requests encompass everyone that has put a request on the site or not because I can see the area of this getting quite cramped.

This looks like a pretty good idea. I have a question: When I clicked on the 'Gaming Sessions' area there were a lot of requests made by other people, do these requests encompass everyone that has put a request on the site or not because I can see the area of this getting quite cramped.

Yes, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see what gaming sessions exist.

Suggestions (unless the options are there but i didn't see them ... ) :

1. allow session creator to send invites for the session
  2. enable notifications on people joining when you don't ask approbation and when session members add messages to the sessions
  3. allow changes to sessions notes to be made

Oh and hum great job

sorry i just saw that on the bottom of your first post thought it was part of your sig at first sight.

To Do:

- Email notifications (an hour before a session starts that you're in)

- Sessions on profile pages

- Sessions on trophy list pages

- Invitations

- Feedback system

If you find any bugs or have any feedback, post away,