Oddworld: Abes Exodus remake announced!

Grample_Gust

Yes ladies and gentlemen. The greatest game you've never played before is being remade for the PS4. According to a facebook post from Just Add Water; the company behind the Oddworld franchise. Aren't you excited to see the game once on some random article and then forget about it until it goes up on PSN for free only for you to still not purchase it due to your lack of experimentation in your gaming endeavors? Me too! Because who doesn't base their book buying choices off of the cover? Because as we all know, if it doesn't have guns, shooting, and an M rating, its not worth your time! I mean, cut it oooout game developers, am i right guys? Ok, ok. I'll be here all night. Please love me.

But for real, the first remake titled "Oddworld:New N tasty" got nothing but 4/5s and 5/5s, so if this one is anything like it. You should probably be excited. Or not. I don't really care because I sure am buying it. By the way the game comes out next year.

Edited by shananiganyo
  • Like 4

Lmfao, your posts always crack me up xD

Well I would say "oh look, another HD remake/remaster announcement", but at least this is a game that hasn't released within the past year on last gen, haha

The games use completely new assets to though, I don't think anything aside from possibly FFX HD so far and abe's new and tasty actually qualify as that.  DMC 4 looks like a remaster done right with the addition of new playable characters.  I do hope if this trend continues where we get loads of remakes that games add stuff like these ones rather than ports with better resolution and a few new textures.

This game was so freaking hard for 5 yeard old me... I couldn't figure out what to do half the time while getting brutally murdered by cyborg aliens whenever I made progress. Not to mention the three or four save slots it used in my memory card

• Like 1

I love the Oddworld universe. However, this news bums me out. It only cements the fact that smaller developers are leaving the ps3 behind. I still have at least another year or so with the ps3. I guess it's time to stop buying games that are being made for or ported to the ps4. Some of my most beloved series are going new gen only.

*le sigh*