Dead Island 2 officially delayed to 2016 :/

coleslee

• 7 years later...
On 3/16/2016 at 0:54 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

I really enjoyed Riptide (way more than I thought I would) but I have no real desire to play another Dead Island. It is the weird case of liking a game but having no desire to play it again (I did 2 playthroughs of Riptide for the plat)

I lost all interest in this game now too lol 

Just looked at Dead Island 2 on youtube.

So as someone who has a bit of a guilty pleasure loving the original Dead Island and getting all 6 platinums. I did get Dying Light quite a long time after release and in every possible way it improved over Dead Island....

BUT

There's just something about Dead Island which I prefer. Not played Dying Light 2 but, tje jumping on Dead Island was janky, VERY janky, it was better on Dying Light, but that Parkour stuff kinda put me off a fair bit.

Plus the locations, everything feels very brown, and samey somehow. I loved the really bright and nonsensical locations in Dead Island, and not being able to choose your own character, and who doesn't like Sam B? I know he's not in the Dead Island 2 (presumably), there's just something great about the nonsense and style of Dead Island.

I am really happy to finally see it, and yeah like a lot of people, it's become a bit like Duke Nukem Forever, seemingly never coming out, and then suddenly out of nowhere. It's here!

Final Fantasy 1-6 has only just come out which I am trying to avoid buying and now there's Dead Island 2... and not long around the corner, other big games like Diablo4... My poor wallet... and lack of free time lol