Dead Island 2 officially delayed to 2016 :/

coleslee

Wasn't the first one kind of broken? I'd be happy to wait a bit longer for a better result. 

Different developers, Brawler. I think Yager is taking over from Techland. Techland are the ones who created Dying light which sold 1.2 million copies. I could imagine Yager are a bit worried that anything they produce could come off as a Dying light rip-off.

Different developers, Brawler. I think Yager is taking over from Techland. Techland are the ones who created Dying light which sold 1.2 million copies. I could imagine Yager are a bit worried that anything they produce could come off as a Dying light rip-off.

Dying Light was already Dead Island with parkour. I doubt they're worried about Dead Island 2 being too similar to Dying Light, because Dying Light was similar to Dead Island. It would be Dead Island 2 is similar to Dead Island, which should be expected.

good, we don't want to have a game come out that is just like the old dead island games, for that was near unplayable when it first came out.

edit: if they take the time to make it, it will come out good I hope

Edited by KANERKB

Dying Light was already Dead Island with parkour. I doubt they're worried about Dead Island 2 being too similar to Dying Light, because Dying Light was similar to Dead Island. It would be Dead Island 2 is similar to Dead Island, which should be expected.

What you said could be true, but I would think they would try and show a bit of what they have done so far. 

That would make sense. Dying Light had a few minor issues of it's own, but I didn't hear about it half as much as Dead Island (minus the one trophy/achievement issue I heard a ton about). I'm with Nick in the sense I think it's good for building hype. Feels like Dying Light just came out itself. People don't really have that "itch" for another game of that nature just yet.

Wasn't the first one kind of broken? I'd be happy to wait a bit longer for a better result. 

Honestly the first game gets way more hate than it deserves. True, some enemies that should not have been more powerful than others were, but the game is not THAT broken. It's a solid survival horror game that is severely underrated.

That said, I hope this delay is worth it. If Dead Island 2 ends up anything like Riptide then you can consider this series dead to me. Riptide was a terrible mess. Techland redeemed themselves to me with Escape Dead Island but even so...

Honestly the first game gets way more hate than it deserves. True, some enemies that should not have been more powerful than others were, but the game is not THAT broken. It's a solid survival horror game that is severely underrated.

That said, I hope this delay is worth it. If Dead Island 2 ends up anything like Riptide then you can consider this series dead to me. Riptide was a terrible mess. Techland redeemed themselves to me with Escape Dead Island but even so...

Techland didn't create Escape Dead Island.... In fact, Techland has nothing to do with the series any longer. Fatshark, a company I've never heard of before, made Escape Dead island... Deep silver, published it and own the rights to Dead Island... 

Techland didn't create Escape Dead Island.... In fact, Techland has nothing to do with the series any longer. Fatshark, a company I've never heard of before, made Escape Dead island... Deep silver, published it and own the rights to Dead Island... 

I don't know why I said Techland lol I played Escape Dead Island like once xD

• 10 months later...