Framerate

I'm on version 1.02 and i'm having some serious fps issues , i almost never get a stable 30 for more than a few seconds , it's really annoying and it's ruining the experionce so far . I seem to be the only one that is complaning about it so far so can somebody please help .

Does this happen everywhere in the game or just at specific locations?
From what I read online, the game still isn't fully optimised. So you will probably have to wait a patch or 2 before it's fully stabilised.

Edited by DDrag00n

This is exactly what I feared would happen and is the sole reason for me not pre-ordering this game. It happened with AC Unity; Bloodborne; Borderlands Pre-sequel; Project Cars....the list goes on.

Personally, I'm really disappointed at the performance of a lot of games recently and I really do wonder sometimes what benefits and advantages my PS4 actually offers over the PS3.

Anyway, I hope for your sake, and others that have paid good money for this game, that it does get fixed. However, I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm starting to get really tired of this 'release now - patch later' philosophy.

• Like 2

It most noticable in combat , and that's the worst part . It makes the combat feel so...well...sh!t . I was able to fight with stable framerate at times and it was great , sadly that happened 2 or 3 times in 10+ hours of gameplay . Hopefully this will get patched soon , otherwise no free dlc will make me buy another game from CDPR .

I didn't have any issues either after the first few opening scenes, where it stuttered a few seconds about 5 or so times. Combat and everything been super smooth but I let the game fully download from the disk and install the patch. Played for about 12 solid hours before I shut it off last night after I got a blue screen. But that seems to happen on just about every ps4 game I attempt to play for long periods without closing the game application at some point.

I also think, that they will fix this issue soon. I got a little upset when in the opening scenes everything was laggy :( , but you'll get used to it. After more than 15 hrs of play i can tell you, that it has no negative effect on the gameplay itself. I only experience these frame rate issues at specific cutscenes.

Yeah, the framerate drops are terrible... the overall performance on PS4 is not satisfying at all :/ Velen map is so big, it takes 1:06 min. to load (checked it). This is infuriating on Death March difficulty, as you happen to die a lot (well, from time to time, but still).

This is exactly what I feared would happen and is the sole reason for me not pre-ordering this game. It happened with AC Unity; Bloodborne; Borderlands Pre-sequel; Project Cars....the list goes on.

Personally, I'm really disappointed at the performance of a lot of games recently and I really do wonder sometimes what benefits and advantages my PS4 actually offers over the PS3.

Anyway, I hope for your sake, and others that have paid good money for this game, that it does get fixed. However, I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm starting to get really tired of this 'release now - patch later' philosophy.

So you think the ps3 would handle the Witcher 3 better? How? Anyways it still early into 8th gen and developers are still getting used to the platforms, compare 2006 ps3s games to 2013 games for example and you will see games greatly improved graphically/frame rate wise. Or if you want guaranteed quality just drop a few hundred on a pc. 

I didn't have any issues either after the first few opening scenes, where it stuttered a few seconds about 5 or so times. Combat and everything been super smooth but I let the game fully download from the disk and install the patch.

This seems to pretty much describe my experience so far: a few drops in the opening scenes but absolutely nothing since then. Hope it gets fixed for you soon though; hate buying a game for it to be completely ruined by technical issues.

As far as I know The Witcher series is known for being heavy and I remember playing The Witcher 2 on my PC which at that time it was pretty high end and to be honest I barely manged to play it on max settings with playable framerate. Let alone The Witcher 3 on consoles which is more or less optimized and the rendering is often poor at times. 

I think CDProjektRed will get to it. They always seem to be about treating their customers right. But to be sure that they're aware I'd hit them up on Twitter or send them an email describing the issue you're having. 

I thought they feared to let fans down last year announcing this would be delayed by a year. The excuse was they didn't want to publish it halfway ready like everyone else does. When I got my AC Unity I thought I'll be peaceful when I'll get this on my hands and now I'm bringing three of my old games to Gamestop to get this for less than 10 € so I guess it's gonna gather some dust in the drawer for the first two weeks.

Yeah, the framerate drops are terrible... the overall performance on PS4 is not satisfying at all :/ Velen map is so big, it takes 1:06 min. to load (checked it). This is infuriating on Death March difficulty, as you happen to die a lot (well, from time to time, but still).

Sorry to hear this shit. Althgough gamers seemed to be very pleased with Bloodborne which had this long loading times issue. I guess it didn't have frame drops and shit then.

the ones with framerate problems, do you have digital or a physical copy? just wondering sometimes this factor matters as opossed to many people's opinions

I've got a physical copy with my disc inserted as the ritual says (I fear the old blood btw). The game's optimalization is just s**t.

Sorry to hear this shit.

Don't be. The game is so good I just don't care at this point.

Frame rate is stable for me minus a few drops here or there. Its CD Red's first console game and open world game on new hardware and its still less buggy than Skyrim. Give them a break.

this may consider their second Console game, before this there was the Witcher 2 which was also released on the Xbox 360.