1.21 Gigawatts - Why is this such a popular trophy name?

Now that you know where it's from you need to watch that movie ASAP! I'm disappointed in every human being who hasn't seen it.

I saw it a long time ago. It was okay, but I'm not a fan of the series. Yes, I saw the sequels as well. The video game was an absolute abomination.

You mean to tell me you've seen said movie these trophies reference, its sequels, played the video game, walked away and said "meh..." and you still didn't understand this reference?

65407-great-scott-gif-j4Lp.gif

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I only watched the movies once and didn't bother finishing the game.

I saw it a long time ago. It was okay, but I'm not a fan of the series. Yes, I saw the sequels as well. The video game was an absolute abomination.

If you are talking about the Telltale game - it was actually very good if you know the films.

Not knowing what 1.21 Gigawatts is a reference to is the real abomination

• Like 2

Just discovered english/american people say "Great Scott".... in my language the reference is "Great Jupiter" o.O

It's kind of ideomatic, so it doesn't have a direct translation, and using it as is in countries where nobody ever heard it was pointless anyway. They probably went with something else that could fill the lips movements or something.

You should try watching Star Wars episode IV. That's full of amazing changes and mistakes.

I guess this is a ref that's more for children of the 80s and earlier than the 90s generation.

Shows where the Devs draw their pop culture references from.

Thats true - i wonder what the references would be for the 90s born kids?

Just discovered english/american people say "Great Scott".... in my language the reference is "Great Jupiter" o.O

In french they say "Tonnere de Zeus", which could be translated to "Zeu's thunder".

Also, in french they made a mistake... And say "2.21 gigowatt". Not meaningfull but yet

God of War has it. inFamous has it, Borderlands has it, Sorcery has it. Can someone explain the meaning of this trophy and why it is the preferred name? I have nothing against it, I'm just curious as to the source of its popularity.

You know about google right? simply type 1.21 Gigawatts in google and you would have gotten your answer in less than 1 second after clicking search. Instead you created an whole thread about this. We humans are getting too lazy :(

• Like 3