Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Blasted, blasted apes. If not for them, the grind would've went a bit faster...

Anyway, Bacchus and Arumat are lvl 255, Edge is lvl 220, Lymle and Sarah are lvl 200, Reimi is still lvl 145 and Myuria is lvl 105 (feeling lazy, ans she isn't needed for EQ, so I think I leave her like that).

I'm planning to break the cap for everyone sans Myuria and head back after that.

I hate those too, try floor 6. There aren't any apes walking on that floor, though the demon on the moon is pretty annoying.

Seeing as you guys are grinding for levels with the metal scumbags, on floor 6, there is always a way to tell if one will be at the spot or not. When starting the floor, where the crab is, if there isn't one of those alchemist enemies carrying that club but an assassin instead, it means the metal scumbag won't be there, so you don't have to waste your time running to the end for him not being there.

• Like 2

Seeing as you guys are grinding for levels with the metal scumbags, on floor 6, there is always a way to tell if one will be at the spot or not. When starting the floor, where the crab is, if there isn't one of those alchemist enemies carrying that club but an assassin instead, it means the metal scumbag won't be there, so you don't have to waste your time running to the end for him not being there.

Nice, good to know. Btw I haven't forgotten about your reward, the guy who creates them has been ill for the past week and he'll work on it after feeling better.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

53 Hours in and just got 15% of the battle trophies. It seems the battles have only begun.

Stuck on Roak for a bit, but I got > 2k Edge kills and 2k Faize battles (used a turbo controller on Aeos, so I could grind these while I slept or was at work).

How Faize doesn't have 999 Insect Kills yet though is beyond me.

53 Hours in and just got 15% of the battle trophies. It seems the battles have only begun.

Stuck on Roak for a bit, but I got > 2k Edge kills and 2k Faize battles (used a turbo controller on Aeos, so I could grind these while I slept or was at work).

How Faize doesn't have 999 Insect Kills yet though is beyond me.

Sounds like you're on schedule. I'm 128 hours in and have ~39% of the BTs.

Having a turbo controller sure makes the grind easier. I had to submit a controller to some bondage to grind things afk. Even then it were some simple things like Sarah's 5,555 jumps.

Wasted 55 grigoris in 6-7 hours, now I just have to face the queen and fight 2200 battles with Faize in the party... took me just 700 battles on earth playthrough in order to level up to 255 and gather the materials required to synth the ultimate equipment, I regret not doing Edge 30000 kills on this playthrough.

Edited by Brightblade76

Wasted 55 grigoris in 6-7 hours, now I just have to face the queen and fight 2200 battles with Faize in the party... took me just 700 battles on earth playthrough in order to level up to 255 and gather the materials required to synth the ultimate equipment, I regret not doing Edge 30000 kills on this playthrough.

Nicely done. I did quite some battles while working on Bacchus' robotic drops in Cardianon and the idea is to do the remaining ones while working on Edge's kills.

If anyone wants to take a small break from the epic quest, this event might be a relaxing :awesome:.

Break? Hell no! Even though I've got a crazy amount of BTs in the recent two days, have 80%+ of the items done and almost done with the level grinding, I'm still extremely worried that I won't make it in time.

While I'm tempted to join in after this event comes to a close, my hatred of time constaints will most likely prevent me from doing that. I will start Catherine at some point though, so your thread will be a nice additional reference point.

Break? Hell no! Even though I've got a crazy amount of BTs in the recent two days, have 80%+ of the items done and almost done with the level grinding, I'm still extremely worried that I won't make it in time.

While I'm tempted to join in after this event comes to a close, my hatred of time constaints will most likely prevent me from doing that. I will start Catherine at some point though, so your thread will be a nice additional reference point.

Ok, how far are you with SO4?

Ok, how far are you with SO4?

Hm, I better to do a full update then.

Current stats:

Edge: 51%

Reimi: 52%

Faize: 48% 

Lymle: 40%

Bacchus: 71%

Meracle: 44%

Myuria: 52% (thanks to her being in the party during the Sarah's nightly jumping spree) 

Sarah: 36%

Arumat: 64%

32/47 Trophies - 458/900 Battle Trophies - 170 Hours (+ 4:13 Hours)

Items Created: 82%

All quests done, only a few shop orders left.

All chests opened.

Planning to finally do a Santa run and synth the ultimate gear soon after I'll push everyone over 50% BT and to lvl 255. 

• Like 1

Hm, I better to do a full update then.

Current stats:

Edge: 51%

Reimi: 52%

Faize: 48% 

Lymle: 40%

Bacchus: 71%

Meracle: 44%

Myuria: 52% (thanks to her being in the party during the Sarah's nightly jumping spree) 

Sarah: 36%

Arumat: 64%

32/47 Trophies - 458/900 Battle Trophies - 170 Hours (+ 4:13 Hours)

Items Created: 82%

All quests done, only a few shop orders left.

All chests opened.

Planning to finally do a Santa run and synth the ultimate gear soon after I'll push everyone over 50% BT and to lvl 255. 

Awesome, added it to the OP.