Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

By way of update:

Shortly after joining the challenge, I got a ton of BTs since I was motivated for the challenge. I then took a few days off to play other games and get the "easy" trophies or platinums so I could get rid of the physical copies of the games before I move here in a few weeks (hopefully). The other day I fired up some SO4 and made a run at Lymle 100 and messed up it and that really took the wind of out of my sails. I am gonna bounce back at this and get my platinum before the end of the year, but I doubt it will be by the end of June like I was hoping. 

Battle Trophies:

Edge: 85 (+3)

Remi: 82 (+15)

Faize: 71 (+27)

Lymle: 85 (+16)

Bacchus: 81 (+10)

Meracle: 78 (+6)

Sarah: 79 (+7)

Myuria: 80 (+13)

Arumat: 88 (+10)

Total: 729/900 (+107)

Trophies: 39/47 (got the bunny racing trophies)

Time: 179:45

By way of update:

Shortly after joining the challenge, I got a ton of BTs since I was motivated for the challenge. I then took a few days off to play other games and get the "easy" trophies or platinums so I could get rid of the physical copies of the games before I move here in a few weeks (hopefully). The other day I fired up some SO4 and made a run at Lymle 100 and messed up it and that really took the wind of out of my sails. I am gonna bounce back at this and get my platinum before the end of the year, but I doubt it will be by the end of June like I was hoping. 

Battle Trophies:

Edge: 85 (+3)

Remi: 82 (+15)

Faize: 71 (+27)

Lymle: 85 (+16)

Bacchus: 81 (+10)

Meracle: 78 (+6)

Sarah: 79 (+7)

Myuria: 80 (+13)

Arumat: 88 (+10)

Total: 729/900 (+107)

Trophies: 39/47 (got the bunny racing trophies)

Time: 179:45

Nice work, updated the OP :yay:.

Well it is the official end of the Epic Quest :( I know the time got extended, but this was the original date so I think it deserves a post.

It was truly an awesome event and I just want to thank Dragon and all of the great members I met while going for this platinum. I hope more people can finish this platinum before the new End Date but until then good luck on the next Quest :D

• Like 2

Well it is the official end of the Epic Quest :( I know the time got extended, but this was the original date so I think it deserves a post.

It was truly an awesome event and I just want to thank Dragon and all of the great members I met while going for this platinum. I hope more people can finish this platinum before the new End Date but until then good luck on the next Quest :D

Yeah, it's been one hell of a ride since Precision's poll for the 100th platinum *initiate wavy flashback effect*.

You're welcome Mayus, I'm sure some people will finish this Epic Quest. But this isn't really the end, preparations for the next Epic Quest are already underway :dance:.

Well, I'm BACK (until June 14) and ready to slice some more alien lifeforms.

I'm all done with the drops, so I can finally start planning my next BT route.

Awesome, congrats :D. It must feel nice to have all the -ology BTs. My gaming time is pretty much non-existent due to being really busy :(.

Awesome, congrats :D. It must feel nice to have all the -ology BTs. My gaming time is pretty much non-existent due to being really busy :(.

Oh, it does feel nice. Really nice.

I wasn't able to play properly for a nearly three months now. Rare one-two hour-long game breaks just don't feel "right" when the project deadlines, exams and whatnot hang over your head like a Damocles' Sword.  

So yeah, I'm definitely going to finally treat my gaming withdrawal extensively during this little break. And reclaim my PS3 from my older brother, who is visiting for the summer and already has lowered my completion rate by "dipping" into a few games and dragging a few 0% into my profile as a result. Yes, I was planning to play them eventually, so no serious harm done, but still... So many Es and Fs... 

Edited by NetEntity

And reclaim my PS3 from my older brother, who is visiting for the summer and already has lowered my completion rate by "dipping" into a few games and dragging a few 0% into my profile as a result. Yes, I was planning to play them eventually, so no serious harm done, but still... So many Es and Fs... 

My girlfriend's nephew did the same thing to my profile when he visited in March. He started up 3 new games while I was at work and almost added a 4th (Super Meat Boy) but fell asleep before it finished downloading.

My girlfriend's nephew did the same thing to my profile when he visited in March. He started up 3 new games while I was at work and almost added a 4th (Super Meat Boy) but fell asleep before it finished downloading.

I'd be pissed if super meat boy was on my ps4 accidently, great game but damn that plat takes precision

not-cool.gif

Edited by Behemoth Balls

Oh, it does feel nice. Really nice.

I wasn't able to play properly for a nearly three months now. Rare one-two hour-long game breaks just don't feel "right" when the project deadlines, exams and whatnot hang over your head like a Damocles' Sword.  

So yeah, I'm definitely going to finally treat my gaming withdrawal extensively during this little break. And reclaim my PS3 from my older brother, who is visiting for the summer and already has lowered my completion rate by "dipping" into a few games and dragging a few 0% into my profile as a result. Yes, I was planning to play them eventually, so no serious harm done, but still... So many Es and Fs... 

Try being a rep for Playstation and every game night or demo you run you have EB Staff putting games into your PS3 and earning one trophy killing my completion rate :(

I'd be pissed if super meat boy was on my ps4 accidently, great game but damn that plat takes precision

I'm not quite ready to add SMB to my profile. When I turned on my PS4 and saw the download was complete, I was like OH. MY. GOD.

Maybe we should do a Let's Play SMB :awesome:.

The dropout rate will be even higher than here, I bet.

I plan to dissapear off the map again, until I'll finally reclaim the control over my life June 23. So here's an update before I'll do that.

During my little break I've finished the "Recover from (status element) X times" and "Interrupt the enemy's casting X times" BT sets for Reimi, bringing her up to 94%, so she most likely will be the first to reach 100% BT mark. 

As a bonus, here is the strategy I've used to get all the interrupts in (roughly) one hour:

Give Reimi 2xSS and Anti-Void amulet, head to the Coliseum, pick the Team Fight #20 (Symbol Liberation Group or something like that). You will be put aganist two wizards and three priests. Use your damage dealers to kill off everyone except for the one priest. Now Taunt little guy with Reimi, wait until he'll try to cast and simply plant an arrow in his face when he does, no special moves necessary. When he'll Rush, just run around. Rinse and repeat until you'll get all BTs.  

A little fun fact, or why the Anti-Void Amulet: If the priest Voids Reimi, the 2xSS' 0 Attack is removed, and she starts dealing high damage. I've found it out only in the process. Luckily, Sarah was quickly curing Void every time, so I didn't kill the priest.

• Like 1

I plan to dissapear off the map again, until I'll finally reclaim the control over my life June 23. So here's an update before I'll do that.

During my little break I've finished the "Recover from (status element) X times" and "Interrupt the enemy's casting X times" BT sets for Reimi, bringing her up to 94%, so she most likely will be the first to reach 100% BT mark. 

As a bonus, here is the strategy I've used to get all the interrupts in (roughly) one hour:

Give Reimi 2xSS and Anti-Void amulet, head to the Coliseum, pick the Team Fight #20 (Symbol Liberation Group or something like that). You will be put aganist two wizards and three priests. Use your damage dealers to kill off everyone except for the one priest. Now Taunt little guy with Reimi, wait until he'll try to cast and simply plant an arrow in his face when he does, no special moves necessary. When he'll Rush, just run around. Rinse and repeat until you'll get all BTs.  

A little fun fact, or why the Anti-Void Amulet: If the priest Voids Reimi, the 2xSS' 0 Attack is removed, and she starts dealing high damage. I've found it out only in the process. Luckily, Sarah was quickly curing Void every time, so I didn't kill the priest.

Thanks for that advice on Reimi's interrupt casting trophies, I was wondering what the best method of doing that would be, that's really useful to know!!

My update is that there is no update on this. I've been a bit transient in my life the last several months given crazy work issues and schedules but I am now at a place where I will be for the foreseeable future. This weekend I was really hoping to play a little SO4, however, my brand new TV (TCL Roku 55") broke after only four uses. It just stopped turning on despite using different outlets and power cables throughout my place. LAME!! 

The silver lining in all of this is that I started playing Tales of Hearts R on my somewhat newly acquired PS Vita and its a pretty alright game. Dragon-Archon's mentions of it in other threads convinced me to buy the PSV and this particular game. What a life saver when I've got little else to occupy my gaming time! 

LMAO, yeah that's for sure.

My gaming time is also non-existent :(.

That's a great strategy for Reimi's BTs :yay:.

The silver lining in all of this is that I started playing Tales of Hearts R on my somewhat newly acquired PS Vita and its a pretty alright game. Dragon-Archon's mentions of it in other threads convinced me to buy the PSV and this particular game. What a life saver when I've got little else to occupy my gaming time! 

Have fun with Tales of Hearts R, there's an excellent guide here on PSNP for it :awesome:.

After preparing themselves for the final challenge ahead, Edge and the others take one last look at the Calnus before heading toward the Palace of Creation, ready to face the final hurdle of their journey. Sprinting over and over without rest; they avoid all enemies in between and skip every cutscene because they've all been seen so many times already.

As they draw closer and closer, they begin to realize that all of the hours they've spent together are about to wrap up into one singularly, beautiful golden moment. After several months, it all comes down to this. They then enter the door and race to the end. They know the route so extremely well, it's like they've been here before. Total time to reach Apostle of Creation ~ 8 minutes. Edge, Reimi, Bacchus, and Sarah lead the charge.

Within minutes, Apostle of Creation falls with relative ease. The team is not ready to celebrate just yet because they know the real battle is just ahead. Twisting and turning through the final path, they try to carefully navigate their way to the end and avoid entering any battles with the Grigori in between. Almost there...almost.... shit! Stupid Kokabiel again! A mere distraction from the real prize, the team quickly dispatches him and continues moving forward; nothing stands in their way now. They approach the glowing light and enter the battle with Satanail.

Awaiting their arrival, Satanail doesn't hold anything back. Sarah positions herself in a corner and supports her teammates from a safe distance while the others gang up on Satanail with full force. Minutes pass and Sarah works extra hard to keep everyone alive. Reimi and Bacchus appear to take the worst of it. Then it finally happens...Satanail goes down and they emerge victorious! All that's left to do is sit back and watch the credits roll for the last time.

"YESSSS, COMPLETION!!!" Thy epic quest has finally reached an end and that sweet, sweet SO4 :platinum: trophy is now in hand (and permanently displayed in my trophy cabinet, of course!) Here are the final numbers xD

Earth - 428:51

Galaxy - 27:10

Universe - 12:41

Chaos - 11:47

47/47 Trophies - 900/900 Battle Trophies - 480:29 Total Hours

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about your Epic Reward. Dave's been really busy these past few weeks.

• Like 1

You were too slow old man :P He used up all the rare materials on my smexy award :lol:

Curse me and my tired old self :shakefist: I took too many naps and allowed you to finish before me!

Shhh Mayus, you promised not to tell :shakefist:.

So anyone feel like joining me on a small roadtrip to collect the rare materials for old time's sake? I still need to collect 6 Ethereal Diamonds, 25 Orichalcum ores, 15 Mythril ores, 10 Platinum ores, and satin for the ribbon. Oh and Welsch is unavailable, so we can't synthesise it. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1