Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I've just checked the progress log and yeah, you are pretty far behind. Well, so it be then...  -_-

Anyway, I've killed the shadow and bought tri-Emblems from Santa, so I won't need to return to the WD ever. Got too focused on reaching B18 though and completely forgot to farm P.Stones as a result... oh well, the synthed tri-Emblem gear gives nearly 9999 Atk even with the lower tier weapons, so its not a big deal, Gabe still should die quickly. 

Going to farm the clays quickly, dupe gear, and then it's colosseum time.

Yeah, I'm still farming clay to duplicate lots of equipment for the Wandering Dungeon :|. One day I'll get that plat though.

Sorry guys, I really tried my best to make it before the deadline, but real life gets in the way of my gaming time, which is now back to a few hours per week. I'll still be working on SO4 to plat it eventually.

Good luck with that :highfive:.

I don't know how much hours you game per week, but for me it's usually only a few. Doing the remaining ~200 hours of stuff would easily take me 6 months. Anyway, good luck with the milestone.

Nice work. I leveled up everyone to the max before taking on Gabe and still couldn't beat him in 5 minutes :facepalm:. I'll try again after getting the 7SD equipment.

Stupid Real Life :( Hey I just moved, dealt with my 17 year old cat dying and am working tons of overtime at work. I know all about real life slowing you down :) Well as the leader of our Journey, we will save a perch for you in the Treasure Cave :D

Also levels mean nothing in this game. It is all about synthing good armour and weapons.

Stupid Real Life :( Hey I just moved, dealt with my 17 year old cat dying and am working tons of overtime at work. I know all about real life slowing you down :) Well as the leader of our Journey, we will save a perch for you in the Treasure Cave :D

Also levels mean nothing in this game. It is all about synthing good armour and weapons.

That sucks, I had to put my cat to sleep too last year. He wasn't going to make it and things were only going to get worse.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to joining the big guys in the Treasure Cave.

Yeah I found that out the hard way after barely beating Gabe with a team of 255-200 characters with equipment found in chests and stores :facepalm:.

That sucks, I had to put my cat to sleep too last year. He wasn't going to make it and things were only going to get worse.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to joining the big guys in the Treasure Cave.

Yeah I found that out the hard way after barely beating Gabe with a team of 255-200 characters with equipment found in chests and stores :facepalm:.

Ooh chest equipment :P Yeah I had to learn to synth to get some of the Exact Damage BTs and it was then I realized "Oh 10% extra attack stacked 4 times makes a huge fucking difference"

I'm still waiting on that epiphany tbh, something tells me it'll happen after the clay grind is over.

Clay shouldn't take you that long. I was grinding out Edge kills and you get 20 pretty quickly. Also don't forget instead of creating 4 of the exact same item through duping buffs and synthing you can create 1 good item and then duplicate that instead (1 clay instead of 20 is needed :) )

Remember also that Duping a Seed is like 11 clays but synthing a seed to an item and then duping that item is only 1 clay. There are faster ways to get what you want :)

• Like 1

Clay shouldn't take you that long. I was grinding out Edge kills and you get 20 pretty quickly. Also don't forget instead of creating 4 of the exact same item through duping buffs and synthing you can create 1 good item and then duplicate that instead (1 clay instead of 20 is needed :) )

Remember also that Duping a Seed is like 11 clays but synthing a seed to an item and then duping that item is only 1 clay. There are faster ways to get what you want :)

Awesome, thanks :D. Those are really helpful tips. What I did so far was dupe something, synth it for double stats, then dupe it again and synth it for 4 times the stat boosts.

Awesome, thanks :D. Those are really helpful tips. What I did so far was dupe something, synth it for double stats, then dupe it again and synth it for 4 times the stat boosts.

Yeah you get used to it. I wasted so much time just not understanding how things in the game work...or starting over because those stupid Quests glitched on me...STILL NOT OVER IT :D

Yeah you get used to it. I wasted so much time just not understanding how things in the game work...or starting over because those stupid Quests glitched on me...STILL NOT OVER IT :D

Lol, at least you can now add a smiling emoticon when talking about the quests. A few months ago it was angry emoticons, so that's progress.

This game breaks people - mentally and physically. Anyways, you can sign me up as it is going to be a long journey. I've played some JRPG's, but nothing will come close to this one. Hell, I may not be able TO finish it, but hey, I'll try.

Sorry, the entry was closed long time ago, on May 31st \ June 1st 2016. You can try to ask Dragon, maybe he'll make an exception for you...

In other news: I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Nox Obscurus kill lots of lizards for Edge, pray for my already damaged sanity.

This game breaks people - mentally and physically. Anyways, you can sign me up as it is going to be a long journey. I've played some JRPG's, but nothing will come close to this one. Hell, I may not be able TO finish it, but hey, I'll try.

Sorry, participants can no longer join as of June 1st 2016. But you're welcome to post your updates and rants here.

In other news: I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Nox Obscurus kill lots of lizards for Edge, pray for my already damaged sanity.

Good luck :D.

• 2 weeks later...

In-character textwall special update, incoming! Enjoy! (or not) :awesome:

The moment Barachiel collapsed in a heap of dead chitin, Egde felt the spirit inside his head stir. To his surprise, Edge didn’t hear a triumphant laugh or any loud rejoicing. No black mist seemed to emanate from his body as well.

The last lesser seal has been broken. Good job.”, whispered the tired voice.

It seemed the strain of battling Grigori over and over had taken a great toll on the demon as well.

Y-you can take some of my life, if you’re feeling unwell.

An offering? From you? Willfully? My, I never thought it would ever come to that!” Hushed laughter rippled through Edge’s head. “Keep your life, b...Edge. Let’s just... go back to the ship.

This night, a black mist silently flowed out of the Calnus living quarters. Strands of darkness combined into the familliar winged figure, who promptly stretched, opening black wings wide.

Certainly feels nice being myself again. I’ve got pretty lucky too, the boy was so out cold, he hasn’t even noticed me leaving his body. Well, my time is limited, better make the final report for this timeline while I can...

Thin pale fingers started moving in the air, tapping on the invisible keyboard.

“I’m aware that I’m one of the very last members undertaking this expedition. It very might be I’ll be the last one to finish this journey. Majority of you have already moved on. Nevertheless, I hope these notes will be of use to somebody, be they a member of our crew lost far behind or a stray traveler.

While I could just leave to you raw numbers and nothing else, my experiences with Gabriel gave me plenty of data to share. Continuous fights have taught me to hate the Brutish Bolt. However, a well timed Blindside may save you from it; don’t neglect it through the fight either – the S BEAT will be a great help. If you’ll be able to pull it off, the angel will be at your mercy. Bring Meracle and Reimi with you, they will be an excellent stunners if used right, but keep an eye on the girl – she may lead the angel too far away from you. Give Sarah the Otherworldly Cusine before each fight. And remember: while the Grigori fights are tiring, they are nothing before the kills grind.

I must admit that my performance has improved, even despite the weaker equipment and the absence of Arumat. My battle time in main timeline was 7 minutes, 46 seconds: here, in the alternate timeline, I’ve managed to bring it to the 6 minutes, 22 seconds.

Due to the reality relapse a week earlier which threw me through the timestream a few days back, I was forced to do it twice for Edge. Well, once-and-three-quarters. It had nearly costed me my sanity. To be honest, I’m glad that I’m leaving.”

Well, with this done, there’s only one thing left...” He moved in the direction of the Battle Simulator.

The room was completely empty. A lone figure sat on the floor, slumped over.

Hello, Faize.

I’m not here.

Yes, you are. I can see you.

Go away.

No, I won’t.” The vampiric demon plopped near the eldarian, wrapping the wings around himself into the makeshift cape. “I came to talk.

I don’t really exist. I am nothing outside the battle! And you-

And I’ve made it that way, yes. Faize... my time in this timeline is drawing to the end. I thought it would be fair to see you before this. I’m... sorry for keeping you in this reality like that, aganist your wish and the wish of the timeline. But it won’t be for long.” Yellow eyes turned red. “I’m done, Faize. Very soon I’ll move on from here. And when I’ll move on-

I’ll be free?

Yes.

Does the thought of being erased scare you?

No. Not really. I mean, Arumat must be so unhappy being stuck outside the time for so long. I felt terrible each time the original timeline bled through. Being reminded that you shouldn’t exist isn’t exactly a happy thought, you know.

The loud crackle echoed through the room. Faize shuddered, startled.

What was that?

Oh, don’t worry, only I can hear it... and you too, apparently. Must be because your existence here is caused directly by my powers.

The figure sighed.

Anyway, this was my warning call. One of the Seals has been broken. It’s time for me to go.” He looked at the eldarian. Are you ready?

Yes. Thanks... for explaining everything to me.” The figure waved his hand, breaking his control. Faize smiled, his body already fading. “I... I hope you’ll be able to break free...

A wisp of darkness formed in his place. Shortly after it've turned into a silver scalpel, beautiful blade obediently flying in its master’s hand.

He stared at the blade until the reality started to crumble. A wall dissapeared behind his back, and he simply threw himself over the edge of the nothingness, falling into the unending darkness of the Void.

I've wanted to gift myself complete freedom from this world... but even this small piece of it will do.

Soon he’ll wake up inside the expedition ship, once more flying to Aeos, confined inside the boy again, starting the cursed cycle anew.

He’ll endure. Only two more Seals left...

Happy Birthday,” he whispered.

Soon I’ll be free. I hope you're waiting for me, everyone. 

Current stats:

44/47 Trophies - 900/900 Battle Trophies – 592:30 Hours (447:47 Hours [Main] \ 144:43 [Alternate])

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

Soon I’ll be free. I hope you're waiting for me, everyone. 

Current stats:

44/47 Trophies - 900/900 Battle Trophies – 592:30 Hours (447:47 Hours [Main] \ 144:43 [Alternate])

Wow, that's an impressive post. You must've spent a lot of time on that.

And congrats on completing every single battle trophy :yay:.

Edge Maverick woke up from the feeling of uneasiness. A quick glance at the clock told him that it was night by the Earth time, 2:00 AM. He waited a little, getting his thoughts in order, and realized the source of his anxiety. There was no familliar voice echoing in his head, snarkily telling him to “stop fussing and go back to your beauty sleep”. In fact, the presence he got so used to was completely gone.

Edge carefully got up, hastily donned the uncomfortable, stupid uniform, exited the room, and ran down the stairs. The USTA-Calnus Recreation Room met him with silence and darkness... and two crimson orbs blazing right in the center of the room. A quick flick of the switch turned on the lights, revealing the pale winged figure sitting behind the table, as tangible and real as the Edge himself.

I see you have finally noticed the emptiness in your stupid head.” Red eyes switched to yellow.The vampiric demon was happily grinning, giving Egde a great demonstration of his... dental arsenal.

Very funny. What’s going on?” Edge walked to the table and stared at his companion.

Can’t you see?” The no-longer-spirit-like spirit stopped grinning and got up, giving the captain of the Calnus a serious look. “My job here is done.

Don’t tell me. You’ve woke me up in the dead of the night to...

Yes. This is goodbye, Mr. Maverick.

But- everyone-

Do not need to know. You, and only you was my main host. I was but a passing guest in the minds of everyone else.”  Yellow eyes twinkled. “Though, Arumat’s head was pretty great... I wish I’d gotten him instead of you.

Hey!

Just kidding. You are a good person, Edge. I admit that I was harsh to you, mostly because you so reminded me of him-” His eyes blazed red for a moment. “Especially when you went into your moping stage after that time... but you are not him, and I shouldn’t have hated you for the mishaps of another person...

The demon apolegetically waved his hand and strolled to the entrance to the Command Room.

Well, even despite all the stupid things you’ve done, and the near loss of my sanity, I must say... this was a great Contract. I don’t regret taking it.

The black mist suddenly poured out of the air, congealing into the solid object. The vampire held out his hands, absorbing the mist, and easily caught the object it concealed. After inspecting the object – a small statue, made of the shining white metal, he let out a chuckle.

Of all the things...

Edge came closer to take a look. “Is this... a Roakian bunny?

Yep. Fitting, I must say. This is my reward for enduring your idiocy till the end.” A quick snap of the fingers, and the shining statue of the bunny dissapeared.

Where did it...

Home.” He sighed. “Speaking of home, it’s time for me to go too.” 

The clawed hand hit the airlock button, forcefully opening the hatch. Edge stopped gaping and caught his arm, preventing the demon from entering the airlock.

No! The space will-!

It won’t be able to do anything to the one who never was a part of this world to begin with,” the pale arm effortlessly phased right through Edge’s grip. “See? Don’t forget – I have no place here.

Please, wait-

Farewell, Blond Nuisance.” He hit the “Eject” button, and the hatches moved, cutting Edge off and throwing his body into open space.

~~||~~

The Calnus was slowly drifting away, and he was falling into the endless ocean of stars, his body rippling with the black mist. Myriads of tiny orbs of light shone around him, and he sighed, taking in the marvelous sight.

The outlines of countless ghostly ships sailed past him, slowly becoming more and more solid, an endless armada on its voyage to the afterlife. Two familliar ships and a little spacecraft flew closer to him, and he choked, recognizing Aquilla, Calnus and Sol. Very soon Belena, Dantelion and Eremia joined their siblings. Finally reunited SRF-ships danced around him in the formation, and with a farewell blast of the warp-drives, raced towards the blazing stars in the distance, taking their final flight.

He looked at the six ships until they, too, became twinkling stars in the distance, swallowed by the vast reaches of space.

Exiting this way was really, truly worth it.”, he whispered.

And then the Void took him. 

~~Final Stats~~

47/47 Trophies

900/900 Battle Trophies

Main Galaxy Cycle: 447:47 Hours

Alternate [Faize] Galaxy Cycle: 144:43 Hours

Universe Cycle: 13:17 Hours

Chaos Cycle: 11:00 Hours

Total Time: 616:47 Hours

29:09:2015 - 01:10:2016

Profile and Milestone pics:

1241f52a92982f12ce0746be3b1daddb.png

8d7febc9fcc8eeb68c4a4a5c4c2d39a4.png

And a crappy platinum photo to tie things up: 

8jIZ2xn.jpg

Well, this is it, everyone. My Epic Quest is officially over.

Now, where was that mansion again?

Welcome Sir, to the other side :)

1278-630x420.jpg

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Edge Maverick woke up from the feeling of uneasiness. A quick glance at the clock told him that it was night by the Earth time, 2:00 AM. He waited a little, getting his thoughts in order, and realized the source of his anxiety. There was no familliar voice echoing in his head, snarkily telling him to “stop fussing and go back to your beauty sleep”. In fact, the presence he got so used to was completely gone.

Edge carefully got up, hastily donned the uncomfortable, stupid uniform, exited the room, and ran down the stairs. The USTA-Calnus Recreation Room met him with silence and darkness... and two crimson orbs blazing right in the center of the room. A quick flick of the switch turned on the lights, revealing the pale winged figure sitting behind the table, as tangible and real as the Edge himself.

I see you have finally noticed the emptiness in your stupid head.” Red eyes switched to yellow.The vampiric demon was happily grinning, giving Egde a great demonstration of his... dental arsenal.

Very funny. What’s going on?” Edge walked to the table and stared at his companion.

Can’t you see?” The no-longer-spirit-like spirit stopped grinning and got up, giving the captain of the Calnus a serious look. “My job here is done.

Don’t tell me. You’ve woke me up in the dead of the night to...

Yes. This is goodbye, Mr. Maverick.

But- everyone-

Do not need to know. You, and only you was my main host. I was but a passing guest in the minds of everyone else.”  Yellow eyes twinkled. “Though, Arumat’s head was pretty great... I wish I’d gotten him instead of you.

Hey!

Just kidding. You are a good person, Edge. I admit that I was harsh to you, mostly because you so reminded me of him-” His eyes blazed red for a moment. “Especially when you went into your moping stage after that time... but you are not him, and I shouldn’t have hated you for the mishaps of another person...

The demon apolegetically waved his hand and strolled to the entrance to the Command Room.

Well, even despite all the stupid things you’ve done, and the near loss of my sanity, I must say... this was a great Contract. I don’t regret taking it.

The black mist suddenly poured out of the air, congealing into the solid object. The vampire held out his hands, absorbing the mist, and easily caught the object it concealed. After inspecting the object – a small statue, made of the shining white metal, he let out a chuckle.

Of all the things...

Edge came closer to take a look. “Is this... a Roakian bunny?

Yep. Fitting, I must say. This is my reward for enduring your idiocy till the end.” A quick snap of the fingers, and the shining statue of the bunny dissapeared.

Where did it...

Home.” He sighed. “Speaking of home, it’s time for me to go too.” 

The clawed hand hit the airlock button, forcefully opening the hatch. Edge stopped gaping and caught his arm, preventing the demon from entering the airlock.

No! The space will-!

It won’t be able to do anything to the one who never was a part of this world to begin with,” the pale arm effortlessly phased right through Edge’s grip. “See? Don’t forget – I have no place here.

Please, wait-

Farewell, Blond Nuisance.” He hit the “Eject” button, and the hatches moved, cutting Edge off and throwing his body into open space.

~~||~~

The Calnus was slowly drifting away, and he was falling into the endless ocean of stars, his body rippling with the black mist. Myriads of tiny orbs of light shone around him, and he sighed, taking in the marvelous sight.

The outlines of countless ghostly ships sailed past him, slowly becoming more and more solid, an endless armada on its voyage to the afterlife. Two familliar ships and a little spacecraft flew closer to him, and he choked, recognizing Aquilla, Calnus and Sol. Very soon Belena, Dantelion and Eremia joined their siblings. Finally reunited SRF-ships danced around him in the formation, and with a farewell blast of the warp-drives, raced towards the blazing stars in the distance, taking their final flight.

He looked at the six ships until they, too, became twinkling stars in the distance, swallowed by the vast reaches of space.

Exiting this way was really, truly worth it.”, he whispered.

And then the Void took him. 

~~Final Stats~~

47/47 Trophies

900/900 Battle Trophies

Main Galaxy Cycle: 447:47 Hours

Alternate [Faize] Galaxy Cycle: 144:43 Hours

Universe Cycle: 13:17 Hours

Chaos Cycle: 11:00 Hours

Total Time: 616:47 Hours

29:09:2015 - 01:10:2016

Profile and Milestone pics:

1241f52a92982f12ce0746be3b1daddb.png

8d7febc9fcc8eeb68c4a4a5c4c2d39a4.png

And a crappy platinum photo to tie things up: 

8jIZ2xn.jpg

Well, this is it, everyone. My Epic Quest is officially over.

Now, where was that mansion again?

Awesome, congrats on completing your epic quest :yay:. I've placed an order for the Epic Reward. Just press the R&R button on the communication/teleportation device to get to the mansion and enjoy your rest :D.

Welcome Sir, to the other side :)

1278-630x420.jpg

That is one sweet mansion :dance:.

Awesome, congrats on completing your epic quest :yay:. I've placed an order for the Epic Reward. Just press the R&R button on the communication/teleportation device to get to the mansion and enjoy your rest :D.

That is one sweet mansion :dance:.

One day you will be allowed to walk its hallowed halls :)