Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Curse me and my tired old self :shakefist: I took too many naps and allowed you to finish before me!

Hey, naps are no excuse. I mean I was taking naps and earning Battle Trophies at the same time :P

Shhh Mayus, you promised not to tell :shakefist:.

So anyone feel like joining me on a small roadtrip to collect the rare materials for old time's sake? I still need to collect 6 Ethereal Diamonds, 25 Orichalcum ores, 15 Mythril ores, 10 Platinum ores, and satin for the ribbon. Oh and Welsch is unavailable, so we can't synthesise it. 

As much fun as that sounds I will have to pass ^_^

After preparing themselves for the final challenge ahead, Edge and the others take one last look at the Calnus before heading toward the Palace of Creation, ready to face the final hurdle of their journey. Sprinting over and over without rest; they avoid all enemies in between and skip every cutscene because they've all been seen so many times already.

As they draw closer and closer, they begin to realize that all of the hours they've spent together are about to wrap up into one singularly, beautiful golden moment. After several months, it all comes down to this. They then enter the door and race to the end. They know the route so extremely well, it's like they've been here before. Total time to reach Apostle of Creation ~ 8 minutes. Edge, Reimi, Bacchus, and Sarah lead the charge.

Within minutes, Apostle of Creation falls with relative ease. The team is not ready to celebrate just yet because they know the real battle is just ahead. Twisting and turning through the final path, they try to carefully navigate their way to the end and avoid entering any battles with the Grigori in between. Almost there...almost.... shit! Stupid Kokabiel again! A mere distraction from the real prize, the team quickly dispatches him and continues moving forward; nothing stands in their way now. They approach the glowing light and enter the battle with Satanail.

Awaiting their arrival, Satanail doesn't hold anything back. Sarah positions herself in a corner and supports her teammates from a safe distance while the others gang up on Satanail with full force. Minutes pass and Sarah works extra hard to keep everyone alive. Reimi and Bacchus appear to take the worst of it. Then it finally happens...Satanail goes down and they emerge victorious! All that's left to do is sit back and watch the credits roll for the last time.

"YESSSS, COMPLETION!!!" Thy epic quest has finally reached an end and that sweet, sweet SO4 :platinum: trophy is now in hand (and permanently displayed in my trophy cabinet, of course!) Here are the final numbers xD

Earth - 428:51

Galaxy - 27:10

Universe - 12:41

Chaos - 11:47

47/47 Trophies - 900/900 Battle Trophies - 480:29 Total Hours

So anyone feel like joining me on a small roadtrip to collect the rare materials for old time's sake? I still need to collect 6 Ethereal Diamonds, 25 Orichalcum ores, 15 Mythril ores, 10 Platinum ores, and satin for the ribbon. Oh and Welsch is unavailable, so we can't synthesise it. 

I don't think that will be necessary... I went into the closet...... I mean.. Workshop storage! And after some diggingwork-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526, and throwingbsod-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862493, and stuff hitting me on the headbled2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862492, I was able to find some left over materials! victory-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

HG4ugMj.gif

So from brimstone and fire! Dragons and Smiths! And thousands of years of preparations for this very day!!!

I present to you, the most rare trophy in all the land!!

The Diamond Trophy!

Wield it well, and of course show it off to everyone because damn you deserve to gloat!

tiFiObe.pngd71yq6q.png

Congratulations!!!

• Like 3

I don't think that will be necessary... I went into the closet...... I mean.. Workshop storage! And after some digging work-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526, and throwing bsod-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862493, and stuff hitting me on the head bled2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862492, I was able to find some left over materials! victory-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

HG4ugMj.gif

So from brimstone and fire! Dragons and Smiths! And thousands of years of preparations for this very day!!!

I present to you, the most rare trophy in all the land!!

The Diamond Trophy!

Wield it well, and of course show it off to everyone because damn you deserve to gloat!

tiFiObe.pngd71yq6q.png

Congratulations!!!

It's so beautiful! wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif
  • Like 1

I don't think that will be necessary... I went into the closet...... I mean.. Workshop storage! And after some diggingwork-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526, and throwingbsod-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862493, and stuff hitting me on the headbled2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862492, I was able to find some left over materials! victory-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

HG4ugMj.gif

(snip the trophy presentation)

Can I train under you, sir? I want to make trophies for my future quest thread for platinuming the entire Kingdom Hearts series, because by gawd, platinuming Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is going to be as epic to me as this game is to you guys. ;)

Can I train under you, sir? I want to make trophies for my future quest thread for platinuming the entire Kingdom Hearts series, because by gawd, platinuming Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is going to be as epic to me as this game is to you guys. ;)

Sure! The smith skils must be passed down if not to be forgotten through the pages of time!

:woot I have an apprentice!:

HG4ugMj.gif

That is a huge relief, saves a lot of hunting cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249.

Sure! The smith skils must be passed down if not to be forgotten through the pages of time!

Well in that case I'd like to learn it too, please wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862527.

Thanks! I'll try to make you proud. ^_^ (You can just PM me what I need to do so we don't clog the thread you won't need to spill any secrets. ;) )

As of today I'm free to waste my life on games again (appr. two-month long summer break, finally). That means a proper expedition report, so my dreadfully obsolete Quest Progress on the main page will finally be up to date.

(I was forced to scroll at least 20 pages back in search of my update template... how the time flies...)

Current stats:

Edge: 58%

Reimi: 94%

Faize: 48% 

Lymle: 81%

Bacchus: 85%

Meracle: 85%

Myuria: 86%

Sarah: 81%

Arumat: 82%

37/47 Trophies - 700/900 Battle Trophies - 313:00 Hours (+ 4:13 Hours)

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home?

Just checking to see the progress of our last 2 competitors? Have they been swallowed up by the ocean of stars :o

This is ......*static noise*........... I hear you, I'm curre....................................... as attacked by ............................rash-landed on an unkno..... anet............ ................... unning low on.... od and wate......

• Like 1

^^^^^Don't bother responding to this poor soul. He's already gone. RIP my friend dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Well the good news is we can harvest his soul at least :) A Dragon Soul has got to be worth something?

And here I thought you guys would form a search party to rescue me. I thought we were a team :(.

sulking.jpg

So I finally completed my 1st playthrough of the main story a little earlier today, and figured it's well past time I updated my stats on here:

Edge - 047
Reimi - 017
Faize - 034

Lymle - 010
Bacchus - 013
Meracle - 028
Sarah - 008
Myuria - 003
Arumat - 013

21/47 Trophies - 173/900 Battle Trophies - 055:09 Hours

Now I finally get back to the grinding.  Ended up enjoying the story so much that I just didn't want to take the extra time to go too far off the main path, so I have a lot of sidequests to catch up on (I made sure to get all the missable ones).  Luckily I managed to get most of the chests and monsters (and double checked before I left the one-time only areas)  and happy to say it seems I'm currently on track to be able to get the quest/creation/chest/monster trophies as I cleanup during post game!

We formed a Soul Harvesting team :) It is sort of like a rescue team...just we are only rescuing a certain part of you :P

That's not so comforting at all :|.

So I finally completed my 1st playthrough of the main story a little earlier today, and figured it's well past time I updated my stats on here:

Edge - 047

Reimi - 017

Faize - 034

Lymle - 010

Bacchus - 013

Meracle - 028

Sarah - 008

Myuria - 003

Arumat - 013

21/47 Trophies - 173/900 Battle Trophies - 055:09 Hours

Now I finally get back to the grinding.  Ended up enjoying the story so much that I just didn't want to take the extra time to go too far off the main path, so I have a lot of sidequests to catch up on (I made sure to get all the missable ones).  Luckily I managed to get most of the chests and monsters (and double checked before I left the one-time only areas)  and happy to say it seems I'm currently on track to be able to get the quest/creation/chest/monster trophies as I cleanup during post game!

Nice work, added it to the OP :D.

That's not so comforting at all :|.

But very practical! And you've forgot to update my report again (the current main log data is dreadfully obsolete and doesn't correlate with my current position), so I'm free to call dibs on the juicy bits... *polishes scalpels*

Well, if you do survive long enough fix your mistake and agree to exchange a few bloodbags rations for the important strategic info I'm working on right now...

The results so far hit close to the mark, but aren't satisfactory yet. The resulting methodics should improve the effectivity up to the 95%~ Existing methods aren't reliable enough and prove not as effective for the expedition members who have not yet reached the depths of the WD, but I'm working on the solution.

I promise to head out as soon as Arumat finishes testing the final setups.

Updated report should be finished by the end of the day. 

Edited by NetEntity

Hello, Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home?

Just checking to see the progress of our last 2 competitors? Have they been swallowed up by the ocean of stars :o

Still here! Working on SO5 right now, then may come back to this for a few weeks.

But very practical! And you've forgot to update my report again (the current main log data is dreadfully obsolete and doesn't correlate with my current position), so I'm free to call dibs on the juicy bits... *polishes scalpels*

Well, if you do survive long enough fix your mistake and agree to exchange a few bloodbags rations for the important strategic info I'm working on right now...

The results so far hit close to the mark, but aren't satisfactory yet. The resulting methodics should improve the effectivity up to the 95%~ Existing methods aren't reliable enough and prove not as effective for the expedition members who have not yet reached the depths of the WD, but I'm working on the solution.

I promise to head out as soon as Arumat finishes testing the final setups.

Updated report should be finished by the end of the day. 

That black hole must've caused some time-space discrepancy and that's why it seems like the OP wasn't updated  :ninja:

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Dragon, do you copy? I have brought something valuable, like was promised. I wasn't able to bring you any rations, but I have intel, lots of intel~ I hope you and those who are behind me on this tiresome grindfest journey will find it useful.

Now, the first topic is the exact damage BTs. Ah, fearsome things. Now, there were adventurers before us, who've braved the Ocean and won, and many notes were left from them... http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939441-star-ocean-the-last-hope-international/58762885 This little journal details the process nicely, but some of the methods inscribed didn't seem good enough for me. I've devised some of my own, hopefully easier ones to synth or achieve, specifically for those of us who are weaker or do not have the materials needed at the moment.

Some of these setups do assume that you have the Ultimate Gear that is needed to face the EQ. Please keep that in mind.

If you can't find a BT setup that means I've got it accidentaly or used the GameFAQs journal. Refer there then.

Edge:

Observer's Sword

Batter's Amulet with 2 Blueberries synthed (+2 Atk)

Astralian Emblem

ATK Boost lvl 10

BEAT:S Rank 20

= 4042 Atk

Cyclone Blade lvl 10: Tatroi - Honeybees, Unicorn Wolves, Kobold Bandits

Demon Sword "Levantine" (WD, B17 or B19, if you do not have it, synth a sword with 3500 Atk instead)

Eldarian Armor with 1 Health Seed synthed (+2 Atk)

Bunny Champion Medal 

tri-Emblem

ATK Boost lvl 10

BEAT:S Rank 20

= 7182 Atk

Raging Strike lvl 10: Tatroi, 7SD - Crater Perytons

Lymle:

Ultimate Laser Weapon

Alien's Robe with 1 Chimera Beast and 2 Misfortuner jewels synthed (+24 Atk)

Solo Champion Medal

Ultimate Tri-Emblem

BEAT B

=7171 Atk

Tatroi, Coliseum, Bugs, Bugs, Bugs team (long-ranged attack)

Bacchus:

Scumbag Slayer

Varigear with Arch Spellcaster and Hades Crab jewels synthed (-18 Atk)

Ultimate Amulet

Attack Bracelet with 2 Potent Attack Seeds and 1 Attack Seed synthed (adds +10% Atk)

BEAT B

=1415 Atk

Aeos, go fight Gerels in the cave, use blindside 

16384 / 32768 / 65536

Laser Weapon with:

- Observer's Sword with Fire Paint, Ultimate Bomb and 2 Ashlay jewels synthed

- 9 Ashlay jewels

- 3 Arch Spellcaster jewels

Ultimate Laser Suit

Solo Champion Emblem with 1 Adephaga Prox and 1 Adephaga Drus jewels synthed

Ultimate Tri-Emblem

BEAT B 

= 1857 Atk

The second topic is a little trick for Lymle's deaths \ Sarah's ressurects BTs. 

First, prepare your party: unequip everything from the three party members and reduce their HP values by stripping them of any HP Boosts and giving them the Spriggan jewels. Next, give Sarah a weapon that can hurt allies, get into battle, kill almost everyone and paralyze the last enemy so they won't get in the way. Give Sarah a Cloudy Cider.

Now, I did it on Galaxy, with lvl 255, and used Unicorn Lance synthed with Pepper Pickle Potion as a weapon. With this, Sarah was able to kill everyone in two hits, the first hit leaving the poor victim on the verge of death

Now, concentrate your efforts solely on Lymle. Sarah's forward attack has a very nice range and takes some time to execute. We're going to exploit that. Place them a bit apart, make Sarah attack, she'll leave Lymle barely alive. Now, repeat the process. Get back a little, make Sarah attack and while she lunges forward quicky select Lymle as a MC. She must die while a MC. After that, feel free to ressurect her with Sarah.

That way you'll work towards Lymle's "Get incapacitated X times" BT and Sarah's "Ressurect allies X times" BTs at the same time.

And, of course, a fresh status report: 

Dragon, if you'll try to blame "black holes" and "time-space disrepancies" again I'm going to have your blood as a refreshement, ninja-trained scaly lizard or not.

Current stats:

Edge: 62%

Reimi: 99%

Faize: 48% 

Lymle: 92%

Bacchus: 96%

Meracle: 87%

Myuria: 87%

Sarah: 82%

Arumat: 87%

37/47 Trophies - 740/900 Battle Trophies - 321:33 Hours (+ 4:13 Hours)

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

Another milestone, another update, another topic bump.

I don't have any fancy tactical writeups up my sleeves this time, and the stat change isn't sufficient enough to warrant a full-scale update, but I'm greatly pleased to announce that Reimi and Bacchus have finally hit the 100% BT mark. Actually feel like I'm moving forward now.

• Like 2

I don't have any fancy tactical writeups up my sleeves this time, and the stat change isn't sufficient enough to warrant a full-scale update, but I'm greatly pleased to announce that Reimi and Bacchus have finally hit the 100% BT mark. Actually feel like I'm moving forward now.

Nice, congrats :yay:.

Nice :D

Bacchus was the one I was worried about the most with all of his Exact damage trophies. Keep pressing onwards :D