Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Done all quests, only shop orders left.

Spent around 30 min dancing with bats and birdies, got only one(!) drop. *sigh* At least the enemy amounts that spawn during suprise attacks are pretty generous. Might as well get some kills for our Death Daemon.  

I am so jealous of you being done the quests (looks at my 2 save files that I tried to do all the quests on and failed).

Don't be to disheartened about Meracle's drops. It is a good place to level up a bit (which you will need) and like you said it can get you kills for Edge or Arumat (which you will need). Also don't forget (because I did) Meracle needs 99999 hits so start working on that or else you will be grinding it out later.

krVn3MU.png

The epic adventure has come to an end and the platinum trophy has been obtained!

Galaxy (Main file): 433:15
Faize Run: 56:12
Universe: 10:24
Chaos: 8:09

Total: 507 hours

A great game and a great experience. Can't say there was any moments where I felt I was getting tired or bored of the game and it eventually felt like routine playing it. I have to admit, I'm definitely going to miss playing this game every day.

epic-high-five-pokemon-ash-dawn.gif

Congrats Meepy, Nice on the time management too :)

• Like 1

krVn3MU.png

The epic adventure has come to an end and the platinum trophy has been obtained!

A great game and a great experience. Can't say there was any moments where I felt I was getting tired or bored of the game and it eventually felt like routine playing it. I have to admit, I'm definitely going to miss playing this game every day.

Congrats :D

giphy.gif

• Like 2

krVn3MU.png

Awesome, congrats :yay:. I'll tell the blacksmith to fire up the forge.

• Like 1

Working on the Faize run atm (earth difficulty) 28 hours in, I'm already at level 175 with the main party of four and ready to defeat Gabriel, but I think I'll continue grinding, cause I'm way far from the 3000 battles required for that one BT.

Damn that's fast :o. I'm still working my way through the 7SD.

Just Myuria but I am saving her for my Faize run because I will need to power up/3000 battles anyways so I will do it then :)

Smart choice.

I've made exp grinding equipment asap, I've breezed through 7SD and moments ago I've defeated Gabe but took a while, now I'll pump everyone up to lv 200+ so that it won't take ages to defeat Gabe in order to respawn grigoris.

Ah ok, I'm going to start synthing equipment after obtaining the duplication skill. So close now...

Ah ok, I'm going to start synthing equipment after obtaining the duplication skill. So close now...

For EXP equips, you can easily use the EN II shop weapons and wrist accs (I've used Attack\Magic Bracelets) as a base, and synth Curry Rice to them. Resulting equips will be strong enough to carry you to Gabe and give you a boost. Also synth the anti-freezing\stun\paralysis\silence necklaces, that way you'll be protected from the most annoying statuses. That way, after getting Duplication, you'll only need to replace the weapons. 

By the way, which difficulty are you playing on? Galaxy 7SD wasn't really that hard for me. 

Little update:

Only 28000 Arumat kills left! *barely audible whimper*

RNGesus smiled upon me again, now past 20 Ornitology drops, plus got some more exact damage BTs.

Need to kill Ashlay 4 more times.

Still too lazy to tackle Gabe, but seeing as the party is past lvl 160 already, maybe I'll pay him a visit in a couple of hours.

Edited by NetEntity

For EXP equips, you can easily use the EN II shop weapons and wrist accs (I've used Attack\Magic Bracelets) as a base, and synth Curry Rice to them. Resulting equips will be strong enough to carry you to Gabe and give you a boost. Also synth the anti-freezing\stun\paralysis\silence necklaces, that way you'll be protected from the most annoying statuses. That way, after getting Duplication, you'll only need to replace the weapons. 

By the way, which difficulty are you playing on? Galaxy 7SD wasn't really that hard for me. 

Little update:

Only 28000 Arumat kills left! *barely audible whimper*

RNGesus smiled upon me again, now past 20 Ornitology drops, plus got some more exact damage BTs.

Need to kill Ashlay 4 more times.

Still too lazy to tackle Gabe, but seeing as the party is past lvl 160 already, maybe I'll pay him a visit in a couple of hours.

Nice, I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah I'm playing on Galazy, but my gaming time is divided between SO4 and Catherine. So close to platting Catherine.

This is Styx2319, does anyone copy? Repeat, this is Styx, does anyone copy? On August 17th, I encountered a strange anomaly, which I can only assume to have been a wormhole. At first, I thought it only sent me through space, because I encountered the wreck of a strange ship. In need of repairs, I docked on the USG Ishamara, only to find it overrun with strange, hostile lifeforms. I barely escaped with my life. I did manage to snag some great loot while I was there though.

After escaping from the wreckage, I found a few worlds being attacked by unknown invaders. I was soon attacked, but I managed to rescue the remaining human survivors, as well as drive off the invading forces. They paid me well, and I was on my way, trying to reunite with the mission fleet.

Apparently, the wormhole wasn't through with me yet. I crash-landed on Earth, but it was an alternate Earth of the past, where I encountered a group called the B.S.A.A. and got caught up in their fight against bio-terrorism. Knowing that I needed money and supplies, I helped out, and was once again well rewarded. However, I still needed money, so I tried my hand at automobile racing, as well as playing on the professional golf circuits.

While I did well in the world of professional sport, I ended up hearing of a city where crime prevailed. I had no choice but to see if there were any pirating tricks that I could pick up, so I headed to Gotham City. There, I encountered a masked vigilante known as Batman. Somehow I seemed to have distracted him, and he was rendered unconscious. There was still work to be done, and knowing that the best way to learn secrets in the city would be to immerse myself within it, I managed to download this "Batman" vigilante's information to my computer. I then made it my mission to take up the mantle, temporarily of course, of the Batman. I may have possibly helped myself to a little piece of compensation for saving this man's city, but who's keeping track.

After earning enough money to repair my ship, I had no idea where to go, but eventually landed on a strange world with two moons. There, I helped a young boy and his friends defeat an ancient evil. The loot that I snagged along the way was my only motivation, but eventually I encountered yet another time traveling anomaly. Somehow it finally returned me to the present day, where I am trying to reunite with the crew.

Again, this is Styx2319, and I am inbound to the mission site, where I will once again be taking part in the Epic Quest that we all set out on.

Platinum Tier Loot obtained:

1Sedda44.png 1S2cb900.png 1Sb4aa06.png 1S588abd.png 1Sbfb502.png 1S466c38.png 1Sa9c26d.png

• Like 1

This is Styx2319, does anyone copy? Repeat, this is Styx, does anyone copy? On August 17th, I encountered a strange anomaly, which I can only assume to have been a wormhole. At first, I thought it only sent me through space, because I encountered the wreck of a strange ship. In need of repairs, I docked on the USG Ishamara, only to find it overrun with strange, hostile lifeforms. I barely escaped with my life. I did manage to snag some great loot while I was there though.

After escaping from the wreckage, I found a few worlds being attacked by unknown invaders. I was soon attacked, but I managed to rescue the remaining human survivors, as well as drive off the invading forces. They paid me well, and I was on my way, trying to reunite with the mission fleet.

Apparently, the wormhole wasn't through with me yet. I crash-landed on Earth, but it was an alternate Earth of the past, where I encountered a group called the B.S.A.A. and got caught up in their fight against bio-terrorism. Knowing that I needed money and supplies, I helped out, and was once again well rewarded. However, I still needed money, so I tried my hand at automobile racing, as well as playing on the professional golf circuits.

While I did well in the world of professional sport, I ended up hearing of a city where crime prevailed. I had no choice but to see if there were any pirating tricks that I could pick up, so I headed to Gotham City. There, I encountered a masked vigilante known as Batman. Somehow I seemed to have distracted him, and he was rendered unconscious. There was still work to be done, and knowing that the best way to learn secrets in the city would be to immerse myself within it, I managed to download this "Batman" vigilante's information to my computer. I then made it my mission to take up the mantle, temporarily of course, of the Batman. I may have possibly helped myself to a little piece of compensation for saving this man's city, but who's keeping track.

After earning enough money to repair my ship, I had no idea where to go, but eventually landed on a strange world with two moons. There, I helped a young boy and his friends defeat an ancient evil. The loot that I snagged along the way was my only motivation, but eventually I encountered yet another time traveling anomaly. Somehow it finally returned me to the present day, where I am trying to reunite with the crew.

Again, this is Styx2319, and I am inbound to the mission site, where I will once again be taking part in the Epic Quest that we all set out on.

Platinum Tier Loot obtained:

1Sedda44.png 1S2cb900.png 1Sb4aa06.png 1S588abd.png 1Sbfb502.png 1S466c38.png 1Sa9c26d.png

This is Dragon, I copy. It's good to see you're back. Looks like you've collected some nice loot.

How's life as a newlywed?

• Like 1

This is Dragon, I copy. It's good to see you're back. Looks like you've collected some nice loot.

How's life as a newlywed?

Any chance to get new loot, you gotta take it. The life of a pirate never ends!

Married life is great. The wife isn't a trophy hunter, but she supports my hunting, and she is a willing co-op partner when needed, as well as navigator on the mission. Afterall, it's a lot nicer having someone being able to run the trophy guides while I actually take the controls. 

- Crew Member #43, reporting straight from the Inner Sanctum of the Cave of the Seven Stars -

Killed Gabriel. Eight minutes. Lots of explosions. Easy prey.

The battle wasn't much, but it's got my hands shaking, my blood boiling, and my mind wants more.

So very thirsty. Want to rip and cut something apart.

Better go and see how Ashlay is doi~ng...

Oh, and Dragon? Can you update my mission log? The current data is ages old. I left my most recent notes on Page 121.

Net, out.

- End of Transmission -