We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

Sorry i'm sick at the moment so haven't done discussion and stuff, I'll try and get something up by tomorrow.

Checkpoint 8 - Complete Roo's Nest

Completing Roo's Nest:

1. After obtaining the Sacred Beast Collar, talk to the roo Oroocle in beast form to get a hidden memory for   :gold: Memory Unfogged.
  2. If you have found Mishy at the other 5 places, talk to him in beast form to get   :bronze: Mishy Masher and 2 of every gem.
  3. Buy information #7 in Casnan
  4. Tickling session #6 in Selray

Note: From here the path splits and you can choose to go to Mt. Vesuvio or Lake Tolmes Ruins. You have to do both and the next story-related trophy (  :bronze: Mask in Hand) will pop after clearing both. Both bosses at these dungeons summon additional monsters. After completing both these dungeons, you have to return to Roo's Nest and after that, you must go to the Colonia Artefact Lab.

Sorry i'm sick at the moment so haven't done discussion and stuff, I'll try and get something up by tomorrow.

Checkpoint 8 - Complete Roo's Nest

Completing Roo's Nest:

1. After obtaining the Sacred Beast Collar, talk to the roo Oroocle in beast form to get a hidden memory for   :gold: Memory Unfogged.
  2. If you have found Mishy at the other 5 places, talk to him in beast form to get   :bronze: Mishy Masher and 2 of every gem.
  3. Buy information #7 in Casnan
  4. Tickling session #6 in Selray

Note: From here the path splits and you can choose to go to Mt. Vesuvio or Lake Tolmes Ruins. You have to do both and the next story-related trophy (  :bronze: Mask in Hand) will pop after clearing both. Both bosses at these dungeons summon additional monsters. After completing both these dungeons, you have to return to Roo's Nest and after that, you must go to the Colonia Artefact Lab.

Get well soon.

In addition to this info:

• The boss in the Forest of Spores summons a monster. This black flower grows at the edge of the battlefield and will heal the boss when it goes near the flower.
  • There's a monster (Benolid) in the Ashen Forest that inflicts Misfortune. It only has 1 hp and explodes seconds after you defeat it to inlfict poison and misfortune. You should be able to craft a Golden Dragon Charm in Comodo after completing the events in Danan and doing a side quest to bring materials. Golden Dragon Charm grants immunity against Misfortune, but only for a single character. Here's an image of the Benolid (and since I still haven't figured out why images hosted from Google Photos can't be posted here anymore, it's a link): https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ZOCbrzQNBvK3PAZ2jucA0GzcwZ7P4i9Bi0N0hbl_F3c=w960-h544-no
Edited by Dragon-Archon

Whee, finally a new checkpoint! And a big one! Does it include the Artefact Lab too?

I was so impatient after finishing checkpoint 7, I started goofing around the Tower of Providence to kill some time... as a result, Adol and Duren have all their current skills maxed out.

That Misfortune monster sounds nasty, I better grind some Monstrous Talons for the charms. Too bad this drop is pretty rare, two hours with Slash-Strike-Pierce party setup and Silver Axes, still no luck.

Whee, finally a new checkpoint! And a big one! Does it include the Artefact Lab too?

I was so impatient after finishing checkpoint 7, I started goofing around the Tower of Providence to kill some time... as a result, Adol and Duren have all their current skills maxed out.

That Misfortune monster sounds nasty, I better grind some Monstrous Talons for the charms. Too bad this drop is pretty rare, two hours with Slash-Strike-Pierce party setup and Silver Axes, still no luck.

I doubt it. When you reach Roos' Nest you have to clear Lake Tolmes Ruins and Mt. Vesuvio: Snowy Peak. After that you return to Roos' Nest again for the last story-related stuff in Roos' Nest. So technically here's where you complete Roos' Nest. 

Discussion Points Checkpoint 4,5 and 6:

1. Have you been modding your equpiment or has basic equipment been doing enough damage? Roughly what leve is your equpiment and which difficulty are you playing on?

2.Thoughts on the underground ruin? Did you bother with underwater combat or did you skip fighting except what you needed for the bestiary?

3. How did you find the Elvaron boss fight? (Giant robot boss in the ruins)

4. What was your reaction to finding Adole's gravestone? What did you think had happened?

5. Did you like Duren's joke about how things keep turning out?

6. What were your first impressions of Eldeel? What do you think he is or suppose to represent? Who did you expect to join the party out of Callilica and Leeza?

7. Did you suggest the gravedigging or did you let your team? Did you think the mask mentioned in the scrap you found was connected to the masked villagers?

8. If Duren found Adol's notebook and gave it back to him, where did the scrap come from?

9. What did you think of the explanation for the progression of mankind? Is the plotline more/less interesting then you expected considering it started with amnesia?

10. Did you manage to cross the sanctuary of storms without being hit (with exception of the first time you definitely get hit)?

11. How did you find the Tower of providence? Did you bother fighting all the big enemies or did you avoid encounters outside of bestiary needs?

12. How did you find the boss encounter and chase scenes?

13. What do you think of Karna's brother after the events in Highland?

14. Who's your favourite character now?

15. Have enemies in general been giving you any trouble or any of the boss fights?

16. Anything else to add?

Edited by Superbuu3

1. Have you been modding your equpiment or has basic equipment been doing enough damage? Roughly what leve is your equpiment and which difficulty are you playing on?

2.Thoughts on the underground ruin? Did you bother with underwater combat or did you skip fighting except what you needed for the bestiary?

4. What was your reaction to finding Adole's gravestone? What did you think had happened?

6. What were your first impressions of Eldeel? What do you think he is or suppose to represent? Who did you expect to join the party out of Callilica and Leeza?

7. Did you suggest the gravedigging or did you let your team? Did you think the mask mentioned in the scrap you found was connected to the masked villagers?

8. If Duren found Adol's notebook and gave it back to him, where did the scrap come from?

9. What did you think of the explanation for the progression of mankind? Is the plotline more/less interesting then you expected considering it started with amnesia?

10. Did you manage to cross the sanctuary of storms without being hit (with exception of the first time you definitely get hit)?

11. How did you find the Tower of providence? Did you bother fighting all the big enemies or did you avoid encounters outside of bestiary needs?

15. Have enemies in general been giving you any trouble or any of the boss fights?

1. First playthrough: no, I just used whatever I found (easy difficulty). Second playthrough: fully upgraded ultimate weapons and armour for Adol and regular ultimate equipment for Duren and Karna (nightmare difficulty).
  2. It was an ok dungeon, not too long and not too short. Though I was missing some unique mechanisms (Ancient Burrow and Sacred Beasts' Lair each required you to use a new artefact to complete it). I skipped the underwater combat as much as possible and got the kill for the bestiary.
  3. That boss was annoying because you had to use ranged attacks only at the last part. Luckily I had Karna in the party for a situation like this.
  4. I immediately thought it had something to do with time travelling, especially because Adol's dad said he should return someday and that it didn't matter when.
  5. Duren's joke??? 
  6. I first thought: those are a lot of wings :awesome:.I actually thought both would join the party.
  7. Hell yeah, how often do you get the opportunity to rob your own grave. And I finally wanted some real answers about what was going on. Yes, I thought there was a connection between the masks.
  8. I thought Adol hid that scrap of paper in his other belongings and that's why it got left behind when the grave was robbed. 
  9. It was interesting, though I expected it had something to do with time traveling.
  10. No, I tried to explore the Sanctuary of Storms as much as possible for the map completion and got hit a few times.
  11. It was a great place to level up. I spend some time here farming xp and using skills.
  12. The first boss fight was ok, but the second was hard. Because the body and the core each have its own health bar. I did not enjoy taking down the main body three times just to get to the core, that jumps around like a 5 year old on a sugar rush that drank a triple espresso. The chase scene was fun and came as a surprise. I wouldn't mind more of these.
  13. I wanted to know his reason for joining. It seems strange he stayed.
  14. Calilica,because of her comments.
  15. None so far.
  16. Nope.

*staaaaare* senpai didn't noticed me... so I guess the checkpoint is after obtaining secret memory in Roo's Nest... so... dun dun dun...

Checkpoint 8 reached... 

current stats:

Map : 96.0% - made lots of exploring lately... hmmm.. also, I think in next checkpoint, we should be more aware/check also others map progress to double check...

Memories: 86.1%

Chests: 62.5%

Harvest Points: 89.8% - *staaare* a little bit of paranoid right now since I think I might missed some Harvest point 

Item Completion: 72.5%

Materials Compendium: 86.4%

Monster Compendium: 65.1%

Quest Completion: 71.0% - too lazy to deal with Madogra-Slef ATM...

-Normal Run. Not modding equipment ATM...just currently using what is stuff I can find in chests or what stuff I could afford in shops...

-Do I need to tell again how I Dislike Underwater combat in this game? :P not really fond of it but unfortunately my beat-em-all gene is overpowering me and I am killing every monster I see even underwater...

-it was actually fun for me.... used Adol most of the time in the battle...

-eh??? actually thought at first that Adol is actually a restless spirit haunting others...yeahhhh.. I have a creative mind...

- :|

-ooooh... a wingman *sorry have to say it* I actually expected Calilica to join since Leeza is more like a damsel-in-distress/help-me-hero-me-a-princess type of character for me..

-I did... needs to find out the truth/secret with my own eyes... yep... thought it is a possibility...

-I initially thought that Adol have more than one notebook...

-*staaare* it is quite interesting... kinda expected more shocking or something... well... hope the plot becomes more interesting....

-lol... of course.... NOT... took me a while to noticed/find out how stuff happens in this part of the game... 

-ToP is actually one of my fave dungeon in this game... of course I do fight all of 'em... with Calilica in my party.. there is nothing to fear... nyohohoho...

-the first boss fight is like too easy for me thought I am too overleveled... then the chase scene, it was ok for me but I hope there is no moar chase scene in future... that second form boss battle is quite annoying though esp chasing that final form... 

-I still think he is a good guy... probably have his own reason why he is currently at the enemy side... 

-C-A-L-I-L-I-C-A

-no trouble so far except for Madogra-slef... really annoying monster... 

-Calilica is awesome...nuff said...

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 1

Map : 96.0% - made lots of exploring lately... hmmm.. also, I think in next checkpoint, we should be more aware/check also others map progress to double check...

Harvest Points: 89.8% - *staaare* a little bit of paranoid right now since I think I might missed some Harvest point 

You should can have 100% map completion immediately after you enter the

Temple of the Sun

If you're worried about map completion and resource points, this should calm you down.

Discussion Points

All my modding mostly amounts to "add a couple of Emeralds to the weapon to poison stuff". Right now my equipment is at base level, though I have a couple of +3/+4 ones that I've found in the chests. I'm playing at Normal.

Well, it was easy and short. I remember killing everything in sight.

3. How did you find the Elvaron boss fight? 

Oh, he died very quickly. So I can't say much about him.

4. What was your reaction to finding Adol's gravestone? What did you think had happened?

Very neutral. I've thought that being, well, himself, he went to some place (after adventures!) that people don't return from and was declared dead as a result.

It's Ys. And it's Adol we're talking about. Duren wasn't joking, he was stating the obvious.

He was too nice, so I've instantly thought that he is suspicious and will be the source of all the problems. I've expected Calilica to join from the very start, because Lieza seemed like this game's version of Lilia or Elena. Token nice and pretty girl, with a touch of naivete and stupid belief that everyone is good.

I've suggested it. And what else could I think about the mask?

I've thought someone tore it out on purpose.

I wasn't pleased with it. But by Ys standards, the plot is interesting so far. It may even exceed Origins.

10. Did you manage to cross the Sanctuary of Storms without being hit (with exception of the first time you definitely get hit)?

Not even close, I was running around to fill the map, so Ive got hit a number of times.

11. How did you find the Tower of Providence? Did you bother fighting all the big enemies or did you avoid encounters outside of bestiary needs?

It was interesting. I've killed everything on my way through the tower... and then some more in the name of the grinding.

Eh...

He isn't the type of person to play lackey, so he definitely is plotting something.

Still Duren.

Nope. They encounter me, they die. Need to get some more blood, my hair isn't red enough!

Lieza is a naive idiot.

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

Completed checkpoint 8.

Current stats:

Map: 99.3 %

Memories: 97.2 %

Chests: 76.7% (I've managed to steal the ring the King of the Forest was guarding, mwahahaha)

Harvest Points: 97.5%

Items: 78.3% 

Materials: 97.2%

Monsters: 74.1% 

Quests: 78.9% 

Edited by NetEntity

I want to apologize to the group for holding you'll back. I haven't been playing this game bc I been too lazy. I think about all the reading I have to do n I get discourage from playing. Some of u probably laugh bc of the reason but it's the true. I want to be read to while I'm playing so I could rotten my brain. I'll try to give it another go. Sorry for the trouble.

Hi guys, I think I've just reached checkpoint 8 - am I right in thinking that the end of the checkpoint is once we finish both Mt. Vesuvio and Lake Tolmes Ruins, but just before going to the artefact lab?

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed that checkpoint - it was great being able to play such a large chunk of the game which is starting to tie together some of  the threads in the story.

My current stats are:

Map completion: 96.8%

Memories: 97.2 %

Chests: 75.4% (Much like NetEntity I was able to get the guarded chest - I may have died a couple of times going for it though!)

Harvest Points: 96.8%

Items: 71.0% 

Materials: 94.5%

Monsters: 74.8% 

Quests: 78.9% 

Also, I'm not sure about everyone else's thoughts on this but: although Adol has been my favourite character to play as up until this point, I think I'm starting to prefer Frieda! I love using the Halbred for a change and I think I prefer her skills

Come on people, keep playing Ys and keep posting here. Don't let this thread die.

I really should stop clearing the checkpoints in one-two days and then waiting until others catch up. Too bad I can't.

I'm thinking of resuming maxing out the skills again.

Much like NetEntity I was able to get the guarded chest - I may have died a couple of times going for it though!)

It was really easy, the King really didn't expect that the bunch of adorable little Roos came into his domain to steal his precious possession.

He felt that something was wrong only when Duren already stole the contents of the chest, started throwing lightning everywhere, only to see Roos scampering away, no thieves in sight.

And then I've returned later and goaded Ozma into checking two harvest points that were there. And the King didn't even notice.

Oh, also I should mention, that the description of the "Mask in Hand" trophy is a little... wrong.